When I lived at Saxondale, I got the bus to Notts one day. A girl got on in R on T and her mobile rang. It was her mate at the back of the bus. What a lazy bu66er !!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bet you won't get anyone like my wife ! She took a parcel from a delivery driver and when he handed her the PDA to sign she asked where to do it.   He actually said "Oh just below" , pointin

From conversations I have involuntarily overheard, they are not worth listening to. Indeed they are not worth the participants wasting breath on. How can people spend half their day talking inconseque

Stepson wants me to take him and a Danish friend of his an a pub crawl of Nottingham on Easter Saturday.

He also wants to see some of the more interesting bits of town too.

So Malin Hill,Hollowstone, High Pavement & other bits

Starting the crawl at the "Trip" (by request)

• Upvote 1

You should enjoy that Bubblewrap! Speaking of the Trip, I did say to LoppyLugs I'd post some pictures of it which I still haven't. So here's one edited kindly by DaveN for me. I did take some better ones on Saturday so shall post them as soon as I get chance...

116a12c797e8b2f9ade564cb7d1b700f.jpg

I'm not to keen on the place & I'm only doing it for my stepson & his friend.

I might drag them up Derby Road to The Hand & Heart,John Borlaise Warren,Falcon & Organ Grinder.

Or we could do The Crafty Crow,Roundhouse,Bell & Barrel Drop.(not too keen on The Talbot)

• Upvote 1

Depends whether you like real ale or not ?

If you do all four are worth a visit.

The most interesting is The Hand & Heart you will have to visit it to find out why.

P.S. I wouldn't come all the way from Loughborough if they were no good .......................Would I? :)

• Upvote 1

Bubblewrap, it doesn't fit into a tour but a visit to The Moot Carlton Rd would puzzle any visitor, what a crackers place. Pity there aren't any strippers at that place on Shakespeare St corner anymore. Navigation Wilford St gets lively.

I have only been barred from one pub & I barred myself from that one.

I have been in many pubs only once never wanting to return usually because of awful beer. :(

• Upvote 2

Trouble with the Moot is you never know if it will be open or not.

But one that is close & worth a visit is The King William IV on Manvers Street.

There are plenty of pubs worth a visit I could name another twenty.

• 1 month later...

Yes they should be banned from trains too.............

Unless you're operating a business, I can't see the need to carry a phone everywhere you go??? I adamantly refuse to own a cell phone, let alone use one. I'd hate to be disturbed by someone keep calling me every few minutes while I'm outdoors.

As for playing games, has everyone lost the will to live?? I used to enjoy looking around me when out, I still do as a matter of fact, unless I'm behind the wheel, then concentrate on my driving.

• Upvote 1

At one time, I used to have a dual band ham radio in my truck for emergencies, same with the wife, plus our base station, so we could always keep in touch over a 25-50 mile radius of home, depending on terrain. But haven't had one installed for several years now. Had several 2 metre repeaters programmed into all my radios using the same numerical sequence, made it easier when driving to just hit memory and the number without distraction.

What had the potential for being a useful convenience has become a dangerous distraction. The phone companies are always saying, "Don't text and drive." I suppose it eases their conscience when the next idiot slams his car into a tree. I got my wife a smart phone because things were easier to see on it. I've played around with it but have little time for it. Just a money grabber for the phone co. As far as I'm concerned.

Over the last few years we hear of more and more people running off the roads and hitting trees or rolling, pretty obvious what they were doing, as it was pretty rare for those kinds of accidents prior to wide spread use of cell phones.