Michael, I realise that really this is the time when love is truly tested!! A word that today is sometimes overused.. But I can feel through your posts that you truly love each other and that is a fantastic quality. Plus your two's strength of mind is very admirable.. When I next come to Nottm ( sept) I hope your up for a mini meetup.. The magnum suckers are on me!!

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I received a phone call from my eldest daughter who informed me that her mother-in-law was suffering from vertigo and wouldn't be able to look after my granddaughter. She asked me if I'd look after he

I took my wife to the hospital today to discuss how her CT scan had gone and I felt like crying, with happiness. She was told that there was no sign of any cancer and that they seem to have caught it

My wife has been feeling unwell and unsteady on her legs so she had to go to the hospital for some tests. It was found that her blood platelets were low but just higher than the level where she'd need

Having just read my post (#248) I feel a little embarrassed with my comments. It's late at night, my wife had gone to bed because she wasn't feeling well,

I was feeling a bit down and put more than I should have done. Never mind, another day and it's started well. My wife is feeling good and I've just dropped

her off at the chiropodist.

My eldest daughter phoned to tell me that she has sold her house and it only went on the market last Wednesday. She's really happy. I'm also happy because

the sun is shining so it'll be a great day for everyone at the Arboretum meetup. :)

• Upvote 3

Michael, regarding one of the after effects of your wifes chemo, furry tongue. My mum had same problem and was told to place a slice of pineapple on her tongue, the acidity helps for her it worked maybe worth a try.

• Upvote 1

#255 Yes and the alcohol in the cocktail will kill germs. An added benefit to protect against infection (OK if other medication allows it). When my husband used to make home brewed wine I would have a glass of this with my dinner in the evening if I did not have to drive after that. I went 3 years and never had a single cold.

• Upvote 1

Years ago, I made some wine called Tropical Fruit. I put it in the pasturised milk bottles and I had a few crates of it. It was absolutely beautiful but the problem was, we were drinking too much too soon, lol. When it was all gone we decided that we wouldn't make any more because it would turn us into alcoholics. :)

• 2 weeks later...

My daughter has taken my wife to the hospital today for the tests to see if she's ok to have her chemotherapy later on in the week. They'll be checking the cancer to see if there's been any improvement and will also discuss her future treatment.

It's 'fingers crossed' time, folks. :)

I'm at home, stripping the beds and doing all the washing and drying etc. I'd planned to do a few jobs today, mowing, painting, a run on the park with my dog but the rain has put an end to all that. I'll just have to spend my time drinking tea while reading the posts on Nottstalgia as the washing machine and dryer does all the work. :biggrin:

So pleased things are keeping on the right way Michael, I and no doubt others of us know too well what you and Mrs B are going through. Sounds like you're attacking in the right way my friend.

• Upvote 2

Every thing you have said is much the same as my husbands treatment. He has just finished radiotherapy, having had chemo earlier. Like you say, the Drs & nurses are fantastic people,& although he is in hospital at the moment it doesn't stop our love & thoughts being sent to both of you.xx

• Upvote 2

Thanks for your kind messages. It's so true what you state, dat47. Last week my wife received a phone call from one of the nurses (they are all doctors or nurses to us despite their titles..lol) who informed her that she wouldn't be there yesterday because she'd be on holiday. She told my wife all about the nurse she'd be seeing instead. How nice was that and everyone there seems to be the same. :)

• Upvote 1

My wife had her chemotherapy yesterday and everything went well. I should state that everything went well for her but not for me.

We sat in the waiting room where you can make hot or cold drinks, all free of charge. We sat there having a cuppa when the nurse called out my wife's name. As I stood up I felt my tight brushed denim jeans tear at the back of my right leg, just below my backside. I felt it and found it was from one side of my leg to the other. My wife and the other people in the room thought it was hilarious, their laughter probably because of my blushing face.. :blush:

• Upvote 3

I hope you didn't drop any small change Michael. LOL

• Upvote 1

Not quite a PJ Proby moment, but glad it made everyone laugh! So did you carefully edge out of the hospital with your back to the wall or did you have a top you could tie round you waist?

• Upvote 1