Grand News Micheal. Behave yersen, I can see Mrs Booth chasing you round that kitchen soon if you don't wash that salad properly. Joking apart, it is good to share your happiness at having your wife back home.xx

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I received a phone call from my eldest daughter who informed me that her mother-in-law was suffering from vertigo and wouldn't be able to look after my granddaughter. She asked me if I'd look after he

I took my wife to the hospital today to discuss how her CT scan had gone and I felt like crying, with happiness. She was told that there was no sign of any cancer and that they seem to have caught it

My wife has been feeling unwell and unsteady on her legs so she had to go to the hospital for some tests. It was found that her blood platelets were low but just higher than the level where she'd need

So glad Michael. Hopefully things will rapidly improve.

• Upvote 1

I had to take my wife to the hospital in the early hours this morning (well, early for me). She'd sprung a leak, where the draining tubes entered her body, and it was getting on her clothes. She was really upset and feared the worse. However, the hospital found the tubes were blocked and after clearing them she was allowed home. When we got home she was really happy to find a lovely card from our friends. She's been a lot happier since we got home from the hospital and is now sat quietly reading. I think I'll play some loud Social Distortion or Motorhead, haha. On second thoughts, I'd better not. She'd get her own back by emptying her large package of medication into my drink. :biggrin:

• Upvote 2

Sorry that you both had a bit of a scare this morning, Michael, but pleased that the problem was soon sorted. Look after yourselves...

• Upvote 1

I've not mentioned it before but I've had to take my wife back to the hospital on two other occasions in the last couple of days. It's been the same problem, leaking draining tubes and a pump bursting. It started to get her down as she thought that things would start to improve after her operation. However, when I took her to the hospital today, for a routine check-up, they said that the tubes could be removed. She was so happy to get rid of the draining tubes because she also had to have a bag that contained the drainage bottles. This has given her more freedom of movement so it's been a good day for her and the frown has turned into a big smile. :)

• Upvote 11

On matters medical, I see the medics are advising HRT again for the ladies. Some while back our doctor recommended that all women from early age should go on HRT. My wife didn't as I recall but years later underwent mastectomy for breast cancer. Her surgeon, a very attractive lady as it happens, told her NOT to go on HRT whatever else she did. Another fine example of why my trust in the medical profession is not 100%.

• Upvote 1

Happy for you both Michael. You'll have her cooking, ironing, hoovering, dusting again soon. At least she won't need to do any mowing and hedge trimming for a few months now!

• Upvote 3

Michael you just keep that good news coming my friend all our thoughts are with you and your good lady.

I would tell you to 'keep smiling' but seeing as how the level of posting on the jokes thread has not diminished I hardly think that is necessary.

Best wishes to you both.

Colin

• Upvote 4

I was asked at a certain time in my life if I would like to take part in a "Trial" at my hospital on the new (at that time) HRT patches. I would be given the treatment free of charge and had to fill in a monthly report.

After so long I was told that I would not be funded any longer as my symptoms were quite mild and they needed ladies who were having bigger problems. One of the things I was told was that whilst on the HRT I would have more protection against heart problems, eg Heart Attack etc.. Seeing as that is a family failing, I decided to continue the patches.

I was on it for 10yrs. Then it was decided it was not the miracle first thought, so I came of it. Three weeks later, I experienced some of the symptoms associated with the Menopause and then nothing. Within a short time I started to have heart arrhythmia and followed a stroke. Still have on going heart problems.

To do with HRT. Who knows?

• Upvote 2

I went on HRT in the eighties when it was a relatively new treatment but took myself off it after 10 years or so. Been fine since then

Healths a funny thing,they talk about lifestyle and genes,and i'm sure its all very relavent, i am a worrier and truth be known a bit of a 'Hypocondriac' ive smoked too much and in the past drank too much,

Ive had a Heart attack and Cancer and both scared the shite out of me,but i feel well now can run,hike all day,and even do handstands when the need arises,lol, and i'm happy with my life as it is,i'm now the Biblical 3 score and ten,and i look at everything now as a bonus,both my Grandads liked a drink and a smoke and lived into their 80s,...........Grandmothers even longer ,one made 99,ive got a lovely wife and large family,and as she says 'how long do you want to live'...........cheeky sod, as long as possible i say........ive rambled again ain't i,....sorry...........not really :biggrin:

• Upvote 7

I suppose I'm lucky been a drinker since I was about 13 cider then mainly beer now,

I drank five or six pints a day for about twenty years but now it's that a week

Smoked from the the age of 16 till I quit six years ago.

And I consider myself (quite)healthy for 66.

I started smoking and drinking when I started my Nursing training because all the others seemed to do it. Before that I'd never even tried any alcohol and was particularly against smoking. I remember when I was 17 nagging a boyfriend to stop smoking. So from 18 years old I think I drank too much even though I never liked the taste, and gradually got to depend on cigarettes. I didn't stop smoking till I was in my mid thirties - found it difficult to stop - but after I was married at 23 I very rarely drank alcohol (cos as I said before, I never really liked the taste anyway). Then when I was about 30, we had a neighbour who was an alcoholic, which caused his wife much suffering in various ways and so I decided that I wouldn't ever drink alcohol again so I could show solidarity with her. I know it was a bit illogical and was no hardship for me anyway, but that's what I did. I know.... I'm a bit strange but there you go!! Can still enjoy myself on a night out drinking orange juice or diet coke, though!

• Upvote 3

Benjamin, I'd be interested to know in what circumstances you feel the need to do handstands.....

Bubblewrap, it's Aspartame which sweetens it, not sugar, but I don't think that's very good either!!