What was your favourite toy as a child

can anyone remember the electric car set it had miniature cars busses lorries and could connect up the a Hornby train set you could drive the cars onto the train....it was a slot car set had jags police cars etc .the name will come to me soon

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Our daughter's favourite toy was Mow (Meow without the e). This was the world's greatest pacifier, guaranteed to keep her quiet. She would put it under her nose and then sniff so that the fur would ke

This is a rather chubby 2 year old me on my Mickey Rocker.

Def. not Mechano' all them nuts,screws,washers and Spanners I Could'nt be doing with em,..........no my favs were me Lead soldiers and a Golliwog which had a great 'Dicky Bow' and Waistcoat,

THATS it fantastic set up ..................... not many seen or heard of it my dad brought me a s/hand set loads of track lots of cars and busses etc...

we had a large house in carlton 6 beds.... I had one room as a play room could leave the set out for ages there was building with it was a part of Hornby?

My elder sister had betta builder I think, she'd spend ages making a house or sumat, then I'd accidentally push it off the table & watch it explode into pieces on the floor. I'd then run like hell to avoid a battering, lol.. :)

Def. not Mechano' all them nuts,screws,washers and Spanners I Could'nt be doing with em,..........no my favs were me Lead soldiers and a Golliwog which had a great 'Dicky Bow' and Waistcoat,

My Golliwog also had a waistcoat and bow tie. Poor thing, his clothes all shrank due to my habit of wetting the bed as a nipper. Luckily I grew out of the habit.....recently :)

• Upvote 3

Not having many toys as a youngster myself I absolutely loved my own son's childhood years, I bought him loads of toys & I loved playing with them !!!!

My first wife was like that with our daughter's toys too.

• Upvote 1

I had a hornby Dublo three rail set. I started with a very basic one for Xmas and gradually built it up over some years. When I left home I asked my mother to keep it for me in the attic until I was able to settle down and have a permanent home for it. When that time came I discovered that she had binned it many years beforehand.

My brother had a Minic motorway set which he loved.

I never had Scalextric until I was an adult. In the 70s you could buy masses of track very cheaply in 2nd hand shops. My layout eventually went all around the ground floor of the house. I lost the lot to my ex-wife upon my divorce.

My favourite Dinky/Corgi toy was a digger. I used to play quarries in the garden - much to the chagrin of my father who used the space for growing food!

what were those toys that you fed a plastic wire in pulled it then ti flew out of your hands..............?

Do you mean these?

DSC_1145%252520%2528800x783%2529%255B1%2

• Upvote 1

Remember the "Wham-O" Superball? I think they were banned eventually.

Oh, and marbles. I don't know how it happpened but suddenly it would be marble season and everyone would be rolling marbles along the streets or in the school playground; playing "Rolls-on" or "Sticks-in".

il_fullxfull.321433065%255B1%255D.jpg

• Upvote 1

Compo #61/62 And the girls .I loved both of those toys I used to love the smell of the caps when they had ((((banged))))

And you should see my "Marbles Collection"

Every now and then I get them out and wash them in soapy water, just to see them sparkle. I'm just like a kid! I sort them out into groups according to:size, colour and how unusual they are.

I keep meaning to find a big glass goblet at a 'Car Boot' or 'Charity Shop' and display them in the sun on a windowsill. :biggrin:

• Upvote 4

Yes, with most cup guns you loaded a roll in, but my favourite was one with individual 'bullets'. Each had a removable metal base, and you tore off a single cap which you put inside each one and loaded them back in the revolving chamber. Then as you pulled the trigger the hammer hit one setting the cap off separately. Obviously it was more trouble than just putting a roll in, and much more time consuming, but the fun came of it being more like the real thing where you had to load six 'bullets'.

:jumping:A Hoppalong Cassidy outfit with a cap- gun, and my whip and top window breaker.

Played something called snobs as well.

• Upvote 1