Chavs! Yer cnt mek it up?

When Donna (wife) 1st came to Nottingham she could'nt believe the amount of everyday swearing she heard,i do believe Nottingham is the swearing capital of England.

• Upvote 2

What is swearing then?

I use profane/foul language regularly according to how I need to vent my frustrations..........

I usually moderate that when in the hearing of others.

When in the company of mates then .......................

I never heard my Mum or Dad swear. Not even a good old Nottingham favorite 'bleddy'. Never heard any of my large family swear either.

When I was at Bentink Rd infants school I was called an f ing c..t. by a lads who I had just pushed off a dustbin. When I got home that day mam shouted at me for something and I called her the same as I had heard at school. She burst out crying. I was quite shocked at the affect those words had on Mam. Through sobs she made me promise never to say those words again.

• Upvote 2

My dad was a foul mouthed miner, he was the only man I knew who could swear for half an hour and never use the same word twice......I never ever use bad language because of this...

• Upvote 1

Sorry to be dim (default position). I can visualise the examples in the above, but - - what`s a 'chav' then? I suspect that some of my grandchildren can be described thus. Is it dress? education? social class? (surely not). I ask because a pair of my grandchildren were heard to use the term to describe others of the family. Is it me? Is it genetic?

Picture this, EileenH. A young lad about 12 years of age and 4 ½ feet high, baseball cap at ninety degrees in an imitation Adidas tracksuit with trouser legs tucked into his socks. This lad is strutting around, fag in one hand, jewellery all over the place, outside McDonald's. He's acting as if he is 8 foot tall and built like a rugby player when some poor unsuspecting adult (about 17/18) walks round the corner wanting to go to McDonald's for his dinner and glances at the young lad. The young lad jumps up in complete disgust and says “Whats your problem? Wanna make sommin of it? Bling Bling.” When the adult starts to walk towards the young lad, the young lad pisses himself and runs off to either his pregnant 14-year-old girlfriend, or his brother in the army, crying his eyes out.

• Upvote 4

My dad died young (54) but in all the time I knew him I only ever heard him swear once ! he was a builder/bricklayer and was chopping an old brickwall with a chisel and lump hammer to fit a lintel in to put a new door in an old barn, I was helping him but asked something at the wrong time, he hit hit thumb with the hammer on the chisel literally bursting the end including the nail.

His language then contained two words I knew but had never heard him utter before, one was beginning with F the other was B ! a trip to A & E for some remdial work and a few stitches and he was back at work.

If my mum or brother ever swore we got a clip around the ear by mum, nowadays it's just the norm, I still detest women swearing.

• Upvote 2

I remember when I were a nipper I swore in the presence of me dad, he gave me a clout and said "I'll teach you to swear me lad" I got another one when I told him "But I already knew how to swear dad"

Rog

• Upvote 1

You can keep all your fancy swear words, I'll stick to the one that servers me best: a hearty, deeply felt, B*LLOCKS!

• Upvote 1

Word Origin and History for golly

euphemism for God, first recorded 1775, in a source that refers to it as "a sort of jolly kind of oath, or asseveration much in use among our carters, & the lowest people."

For everyone who is supposedly overly PC there are 10 people claiming that the PC brigade will be offended by things that aren't going to offend anyone.

You can keep all your fancy swear words, I'll stick to the one that servers me best: a hearty, deeply felt, B*LLOCKS!

When you use that word, it stops people in their tracks because there is no answer to it............

#44. Yes there is. I knew someone who used to say in reposte 'They made a man of me, they made a mess of you'.

• Upvote 1

I like it when someone that you've been staring at says 'What you looking at' , and you answer 'Not much ' . That baffles em !

#41: Golly, Golly, Golly, Golly, Golly, Golly, Golly, Golly, Golly, Golly, Golly, Golly, Golly:

article-1136016-001CA8DC00000258-58_233x And to balance it up for the PC folk: Gg.jpg

• Upvote 5
  • 2 weeks later...