• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I log in once a day to see if anything new has been added to a topic that interests either hubby or myself.. I am not a Nottingham native (Geordie) but reading about other member memories of their y

feel a bit down today, so could i please get some online hugs, looking for that warm electric feeling, like sticking your fingers in the toaster. love my friends on Nottstalgia

Very nearly 5000 members!!

Thank goodness they're not all on at the same time. We'd never get a "word" in.

• Upvote 2

There's probably only about fifty active members actually, if that. !

• Upvote 1

5000 members is a meaningless statistic. Would be different if they at least logged in to look at the postings often. I say that if they have not made a posting in, say, one year then their record should be deleted.

BTW. We know which members look at the site daily. Can we tell how many non-members looks at it every day?

• Upvote 3

There's one way to see who is online at any time (but not a daily total).

At top right - click on the circular thing to the side of 'View New Content'.

Then click on 'Community' and 'Users online'.

That shows who's there at that particular moment.

That only covers a 15 minute period though, so it's pretty pointless.

I can't understand why anybody joins a site and then never posts anything. No need to join if you just want lurk for info purposes.

I'm a member of a couple of organ forums. I don't post a lot because many of the members are way ahead of me musically. There are a couple of organ techs that post there though and their responses to a couple of my tech questions have been very helpful and actually saved me money.

I would not join a site I did not intend to post to. Seems like if a person does not post in a year they should be deleted. Might even save a bit of drive space.

The other side of the coin LL is, what the hell did people do before becoming members and being on here nearly all day, as several are.

• Upvote 3

Ya know!

I was just thinking. Once in a while I do. thumbsup

Mick may not like this as it might mean extra work for him. I have wondered if it might be an idea for all of us to have an alternate e-mail address filed with the site.

I would never just quite posting without saying why. Thus if a regular member just drops off the site after a year it could be programmed to send an e-mail to that other address to ask if they are 0-k. Or God forbid, no longer alive.

This site is geared to nostalgia so it follows that many of us are probably past our sell by date, thus more likely to suddenly be no longer with us.

Unhappy thoughts I know, but I feel like the regulars are good friends here. I would like to know what happened if they are no longer posting if for no other reason than to offer some kind thoughts to their family.

• Upvote 4

ER....... No, just about ten then I'd be struggling.

Re automated email. Not possible. I can Block email all members but seldom do this. Spam.

If we automatically emailed members after a time they stopped posting, they could choose to ignore it, we would be none the wiser.

People come and go from here, they dont always tell us they are going.

I can't see what difference it makes if people stop posting. Obviously, if one of the regulars was to stop posting then you'd be concerned but the others just post when they choose, sometimes many months or even a year or so, between posts. Deleting people's record would just mean they'd never return in the future. It's a lot better to have 5000 members than 50 but can you imagine what it would be like if all the 5000 members were posting on a regular basis. Like FLY2 stated, you'd never get a word in. :biggrin:

• Upvote 2

Agee Michael.......it would be nice to know why people suddenly stop posting,and that they are ok,......just as interesting to me is why do people join in the first place?.......mine was a combination of Retirement,Boredom,Illness and curiosity........have since come out of retirement,hopefully not ill anymore,but i'm still curious and suffer from boredom...........be interesting to know why oothers joined ?

• Upvote 2