Weird childhood thoughts.

When I was a kid my Grandmother told me that thunder was god vacuuming stones up: for years I thought god was a hoover, even now when someone mentions god I still visualise an old fashioned cylinder hoover, & yes I am a bit mad.... Dad said he saw a tank engine on the Meadows viaduct: I thought of a train engine with a big gun on it, I couldn't understand why I never saw one...

My uncle used to tell me that thunder was the giant banging his drum. One day lightning struck the Colwick station. There was such a tremendous bang I think we all headed under the table. I don't remember it being mentioned again after that. :-)

Well I'm going blind and deaf, so what does that make me....... Don't answer that!

When my kids were very young they'd want to mess around in the bath instead of getting out to dry off. I'd go into the bathroom and pull the plug out, telling them that if they didn't get out quickly they'd be sucked down the plughole. You should have seen them move. :biggrin:

• Upvote 4

It was 'Ten o Clock Horses' for me..

• 2 weeks later...

I lived on Leake Road Gotham near the bus garage when a young kid, at night the bus headlights used to shine through some trees & make moving patterns on the bedroom wall: My big sister told me it was the bogie man coming to get me, I'd scream blue murder, bet Mam & Dad were right fed up.. :)