This new format is appalling

No doubt it took some getting used to, but I am OK with it now. Just keep it simple - on the top line I click on to 'unread content' to see the postings I have not read, or, I click on 'Activity/All Activity' to see all of the postings (including those I have read), with the added bonus of being able to read the opening sentences of the postings. That's good enough for me. Time to stop moaning methinks.

• Upvote 8
  • Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There is no further support for the Old version, No security patches, updates or help from support technician in case of problem. I still continue to pay $$$ for support/updates every 6 months. I

I think we've all got over the shock of Nottstalgia's changes, so perhaps this thread should be locked now and a more positive one in its place. It seems to be encouraging whinging while it is still u

As Mick has continually said, the old format was past it's sell-by date and needed upgrading. I don't understand how some can't seem to get that into their heads. The new format has had it's teething

#124.   Please don't let it get to you, Mick.  The service you are providing is priceless.  I really mean that.  Newcomers will assume this is the way it has always been and complain when you next have to upgrade it.  Us oldtimers will get used to it in time.  Obviously some sooner than others.  Hang in there mate, there is nothing even close to this anywhere else on the web.

Btw.  As I posted elswhere there has already been a vast improvement in speed and functionality from even a week ago.  Ya must be doin' summat right.

• Upvote 6

No Jill, definitely NOT ungrateful, just somewhat flummoxed and disappointed. I'm never ungrateful for what is provided. 

Its akin to having a leisurely drive down the Mway, then with minimal guidance,  being diverted onto a very winding and uneven B road. 

• Upvote 2

Let's get one thing straight on this very controversial, contentious and tedious subject. I for one am DEFINITELY  not decrying Micks tremendous efforts and considerable personal expense. He has provided me with years of amusement, entertainment, fun, controversy and sadness at times.  I was merely offering my own personal views on the subject. (We can still do that can't we? ) 

I appreciate NS has had no input and we've got to make the best of it.

Ive reread all posts and noted some quite hypocritical posts and definitely some confusing 'Likes'. 

Now lets just be thankful for small mercies ! 

• Upvote 2

I haven't been able to get on Nottstalgia very much lately, due to personal reasons and nothing to do with our new format.

Sitting here in my caravan on the first day of my weeks holiday at Skeggy I finally have time and mood to relax and catch up with what is happening on my very favorite site, and I felt a twinge of panic set in when I read Micks post #124.

Please don't pack it up Mick, if some of us sound like an ungrateful bunch sometimes I am sure they would be lost without NS, I would for sure.

I wish I could add a bit more info on Our Nottingham, which is the subject that brought us all together in the first place, but alas, in my 19yrs of life in Nottingham, i have already divulged you all my secrets (Well Some).

I am slowly getting used to our new format, and will be honest, I liked the old way more, but you have explained why we have changed and quite honestly you have more staying power than me. I would have been off long ago. I hope Mick, that you continue with NS and realise how much we really do appreciate everything you and the mods do for us.

Right, I'm off down The Linga Longa for some Fish and Chips. 

• Upvote 8

Carnie if Mick packed it in..............i'd have to come and find you.........and you would'nt want that would you,............and can't recall what thread its on about PMs............until the new format didnt realise how much went on...........is there a secret society i don't know about ?.or do people on here don't trust me ?........ive got no secrets so i don't PM...............can understand some where they don't want to name someone from their past,apart from that just don't get it...............

• Upvote 1

I don't think p.ms are a secret society Ben.  :biggrin:.    I've used it a time or two with certain members who share an interest in my type of music or hobby so that I don't clutter up a forum with a bunch of stuff that the majority are not interested in.  Nothing much beyond that.  I even p.m.d you once.  Can't remember what about now, but yer dint answer.  Now I know why.  Lol.

• Upvote 2

Enough is enough stop all this moaning about this site, Mick has told us why it had to be done, i myself have now got used to the new way. If you don't like it  then don't come back on. Yes I was fond of the old site too but things move on.

This site is totally free to us but cost mick time and money to run this site.

Long live Nottstalgia.

• Upvote 9

Fly 131.  I wouldn't put too much stock in the 'likes'. I only regard them as a friendly way for someone to indicate an overall like for what one said.  I don't take it at that they necessarily agree with everything I said.  Like most things internet related they are a bit ambiguous.

• Upvote 4

Braddy, well said, not only do we share the same birthday but other views too.  Ooh I'm brave saying that aren't I? 

• Upvote 1

Loppy #135............really sorry Loppy,i'd never ignore a PM from you or anyone else for that matter for whatever reason i must have missed it,i do get and send the odd PM,and theres usually a good reason for it being Private,its just that i feel alot of PMs are not needed on an open forum,and curiosity will always kill the cat.............being nosey as i am...........lol...........anyway crack on PM ers,nowt to do wi-me..........

• Upvote 1

Don't even mention it Ben.  I wasn't all bent out of shape.  I just figured you didn't get it for whatever reason.  I know a lot of folks have had trouble with full mailboxes etc.. Like I said it can't have been too important.  I'm not sure what it was about now.  May have been the location of the Maypole next to my grandaddy's shop in Nethefield, I think.

• Upvote 1

Hey braddy, whose moaning? 

I would suggest that some comments sound very ungrateful, they may not be meant that way but that's how they come across.

Mick and his helpers have spent a lot of time and hard cash to keep this site up and running just how many times does he have to explain the reasons for the change. I for one are very thankful for all this effort.

As mum used to say "If you've' nowt good to say then keep your gob shut."

• Upvote 7