• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• DJ360

• philmayfield

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

22 hours ago, DJ360 said:

but most people will also consider their own shape before forcing themselves into 'skinny jeans'.

Unfortunately most people don’t DJ thumbsdown

• Like 3
10 hours ago, Beekay said:

Do you still wear one Catfan?  :rolleyes:

if my legs were still the same shape as years 13-19 yes i would still wear a mini skirt, but foget stockins Beekay tights were invented for mini skirts.

It was wonderful to be in the garden at dusk last night. The weather was warm, dry, still and just as it should be at this time of year. Little Smudge the cat was doing acrobatics in the huge elder tree, the bats were following suit and Horace the hedgehog turned up just as the birds were going to bed for the night.  Let's hope we have many more such evenings instead of the appalling weather we've had recently.

• Like 3

Talking of legs Mary1947, remember the "No man's land" between stocking tops and above.

I once dated a girl and I complimented her on her blue corduroy jean. She belted me ! I didn't know she had varicose veins. :Shock:

• Upvote 1

Don't know if anyone else preserves fruit or veg in jars but for years now I've been doing just that with great success.I enjoy the preparation and of course eating them when they are out of season. My one big problem ?

I have various makes of preserving jars including Kilner jars, those with the metal clip. They are fine but I've always struggled getting the rubber seals on the lids. In fact I avoid these jars unless it's necessary to use them. Yesterday I was ready to fill these jars ( only 4 of them now) so they were sterilised and the rings were promptly were too food put in and now the difficult part. My husband and I could not get these rings to stay put, one side on and the other slid out. At the finish my hands and fingers were sore so dropped everything and looked on internet. What a wonderful invention this internet I don't know why I hadn't thought about it before. thumbsup

All you do is to put the rubber ring on top of the jar making sure its centralised then close the lid and clip it down. Hey presto done!!

Doh ....ever felt incompetent?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

BK be careful who you are joking with. You might get bashed a bit more often.

True Nonna, all too true. Just a guess mind, but could you not glue the seals in place on your wayward jars?

We went to a supermarket today. The first time in 15 months. I did say I would never go in a supermarket ever again again but it was quite a novelty. It was Waitrose in Newark of course so the car park was full of 4x4’s. No people carrying out crates of lager on their shoulders like they do in Morrisons at Netherfield!

I assume they had their 'people' carry the lager out for them... :laugh:

• Like 2

It used to be an entertainment at calais to see all these crates of beer, lager etc. being loaded into cars. Can't blame them though things were always cheaper but do they still buy in large quantities in Calais.

It used to crease me up watching blokes struggling down the stairs to the car decks, with a sack truck loaded with trays and boxes of beer and wine. Always let them go in front of me in case they tripped. I couldn't be arsed, a box of wine was enough for me.

• Like 2

I did the booze trip to Calais a few times with a friend.  We each had 2 sons and it made sense economically as well as being a great day out.  We’d always go over just before Christmas and get an early ferry, straight into the Calais supermarket, load up and then go off and find a nice little restaurant for lunch before heading back to the ferry port.  
One trip, when it was my turn to drive, we came out of the supermarket and looked across towards England and the sky had turned a terrible colour, it was worryingly a ‘full of snow’ kind of colour.  We decided to forego the lunch and get back to the ferry port as I had 120 miles to drive once over the Channel.  The roads were horrendous, cars and lorries sliding all over the place. The snow had arrived so quickly and unexpectedly that the gritters hadn’t been out at all and eventually snow ploughs were brought out.  It took us 7 hours to get back to Berkhamsted, a journey that normally would take 2 hours. Fortunately I was in my 4x4 vehicle and it was weighted down with crates of beer, cases of wine and lots of French cheese so I felt reasonably confident that we’d get home that night but certainly it was one of the most memorable booze trips we made. 

• Like 1

Either way Lizzie.. If you'd got stuck in a snow drift you could have consoled yourselves with a helluva cheese and wine party.. :laugh:

• Like 3

Spent the last couple of days battling with a load of Mrs Col's potted plants. Mostly Hemerocallis in BIG containers and so pot bound they've stopped flowering. She seems to have lost interest..so I took the law into my own hands and sorted them all.  Some serious tactics needed to even get the contents out of the pots, but I managed to salvage enough plant material to 'pot on' decent new bits..which should do OK.

But.. I wouldn't want to be the bin bloke who innocently grabs our Green Bin tomorrow expecting it to move...  It weighs a ton. 

• Like 2

It's now 7.00pm and I've been perusing the TV mags on all channels.

Come to the conclusion It's yet another crap day for Bank Holiday television. So we left the bloody thing off. Spent a lot of the morning editing a movie I made in 1989, when cruising the Llangollen canal. Bringing it up to date with captions etc and transferring to DVD.

Still ! It was lovely to have a day off. These 7 day weekends are a drain, don't you think.

Been to the beach with granddaughter and son.  We decided to walk the mile or so to Sandbanks as we expected all the car parks to be full and that was a good decision on our part.   Traffic was at a crawl and there was nowhere for them to park when they got there.  However we had a lovely couple of hours in the sea and making sandcastles and actually the beach wasn’t as packed as we’d expected, everyone was having a good time.  We got home and they went out on paddle boards, I don’t think I’m strong enough anymore for that lark and don’t think my balance is good either!  Our eight year old can cope though ....... made me realise how old I’m getting!  It’s been lovely spending some quality time with the young un as we’ve hardly seen her during the pandemic.  

• Like 2

Nice break Lizzie, think its about time everyone who can and are able to have a break even a day trip out somewhere new.

We've spent 2 days trying to get flights for a weekend in Sicily. None of the combinations were convenient ( early takeoff, late landing) we searched from Genova, Torino, Malpensa and Cuneo. No luck then we decided to book the return flight first then the outward flight after, obviously hoping that in would fall in  line with us being presumptious. Bingo, we were lucky

and got a return flight to Turin but with different companies. The car is hired so its almost all systems go. The thing that annoys me is one flight is with Ryanair that I said years ago i wouldnt travel with them again. Just for a couple of days we dont need a suitcase just onboard luggage...but RA say no you can only have a small bag. 40x30x20. We dont want to get caught at the gate saying our onboard luggage is too big and have to pay €50 or whatever it is now. So we'll manage on our outward journey , buy what we want and return with onboard luggage with the different company. Last year we travelled with Volotea and used our usual take on board luggage no problem as with all the other companies.  Ryanair are such skinflints. Anyone else had problems travelling.

Looking for these flights I thought I had found the perfect one, € 4,568.00.

Just for2 nights? No way.

• Like 1

You're a glutton for the high life CF. Enjoy your break and hope the weather stays kind for you mate.

• Like 1