How's your day?

I bought a sprayer from our local big box hardware store, primarily used for black spot on the roses and Glyphosate for the weeds in the pavers.

Guess what? It was not made in China but in Italy!

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 19k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Oztalgian said:

I bought a sprayer from our local big box hardware store, primarily used for black spot on the roses and Glyphosate for the weeds in the pavers.

Guess what? It was not made in China but in Italy!

You've been had!!:laugh:

But seriously..the Hozelock thing goes on the end of the garden hose, for watering...

I have a 5 litre pressure sprayer used for weed killer.. It's on its last legs, but for an 'unbranded' item bought from Wilko's about 20 years ago.. it has been excellent.. For countless lawn weeds it has been the last thing they saw.....:Shock:

On 5/19/2024 at 3:00 PM, mary1947 said:

Well done BK is this Clematis the one that is named Nelly-Moser?

Bit late to the party, but I've just found the name of my Clematis..." Lindsay".

• Like 2

Absolutely awful, I have just found out that the biggest single winner lottery prize of 150 million dollars came to Adelaide but not to me. Not surprisingly as I did not buy a ticket. With odds of 134 million to 1, the odds of being killed by a shark or a kangaroo are around 8 million to 1.  I would rather put my $20 aside and buy myself a decent single malt every couple of months or so.

The bloke that won it went a did his normal job today?

Wife has her operation today on her foot........so i could be doing all the house-work and shopping for a while......hopefully she'll be home tonight.with a Limp probably..........ive bought her Flowers and chocolate to help her speedy recovery...........romantic thing that i am....:rolleyes:

• Like 4

Did a bit of shopping in Bulwell this morning........long time since ive seen it so busy....even the free parking was difficult to find a spot........

It is certainly getting very Cosmopolitan...........and they seem to be blending in with the Bulwell friendliness.........Like everywhere there are lots of Barbers and i keep going to different ones just out of interest........This morning i went to a different one Turkish or Kurdish not sure ......Asked him for a Tony Curtis.....but he didnt have one...so settled for a number one....There were 3 of them and all busy but very friendly and good at their job......will visit again.........

• Like 2

Tonight is steak and chips night with a couple of fried eggs. These are the last two in the box and every one has been a double yolk. It must be sign so I have invested £2.50 on the Euromillions.... this time tomorrow............    :victory:

15 hours ago, Brew said:

I have invested £2.50 on the Euromillions.

The odds of winning the Euromillions Jackpot are even worse than our OZ Lottery.

OZ Lottery 134 million to 1

Euromillions 139 million to 1

The overall chances of winning a prize in the Euromillions is 13 to 1. So you may see a small return Brew. Good Luck.

As they say in the advertising here "You've got to be in it to win it"

Portugal buys most tickets per capita and Spain is the luckiest country. It looks like you might have to move to warmer climes to improve your chances.

I have noticed lots of new Barbers shops too in Beeston, do people suddenly have their haircut every week? Every 6 weeks is normal for me.

21 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

Like everywhere there are lots of Barbers and i keep going to different ones just out of interest........This morning i went to a different one Turkish or Kurdish not sure

Most of the barbers in our area are ex poms, Aussies or Italian.

3 hours ago, Oztalgian said:

The odds of winning the Euromillions Jackpot are even worse than our OZ Lottery.

Ooooooo I was sooo close... I only needed 7 numbers....

2 hours ago, denshaw said:

I have noticed lots of new Barbers shops too in Beeston

Same in Heanor, suddenly we have more barbers than charity shops, all Turkish...

This weekend is our Wine Festival. It always was the first weekend in May but almost always it rained so they changed it to the last weekend in May. It rained! Since, it’s been a hit and miss situation. Last year it was hot , this year See above. Last night was the first night and it just didn’t stop to rain. It came down so heavily and the people that had ventured out were sheltering in whatever cover they could find. Half way through the evening I sent a message to my daughter asking what the “situation” was and how busy the various food counters were doing. She replied they had some new customers. Umbrellas, black refuse bags , walls etc were covered in snails. 

Hope tonight the weather holds, at the moment the sun is shining. Tomorrow is last day so we are going tomorrow as there is less commotion, much better than Saturday as there’s loud music and all the young ones are dancing everywhere and you just can’t move to get a glass of wine or a plate of food because of the long queues.

I think a lot of the so called ‘Turkish’ barber shops are decidedly suspect. Many are run (as are car washes) by Kurds and Albanians and may be linked to people smuggling and drugs.

• Like 1

The odds of winning Euromillions are, shall we say rather long.

I only buy a ticket when the jackpot breaks the £100m mark.

I think we'd all have a better chance if they changed the rules to disallow non Brits from winning it.

Non Brits should still be allowed to buy a ticket however lol

So far so good, up early and hung the new curtains for Mrs P, got the strimmer out of the shed and strimmered the bit of field at the back of my place to stop the weeds and stuff coming through my fence, cleaned the strimmer and fitted some new line to it, this time some five sided Stihl strimmer line (good stuff, I got some on my bigger strimmer) then cleaned my bike ready for a ride out tomorrow, now I have dinner on and that should be ready in about half an hour, roast lamb, roast spuds, green beans,carrots and sprouts, mint sauce and Bisto gravy, this afternoon after washing the dinner pots I might have half an hour watching the telly then a bit of work in the greenhouse, hope you all have a great day

Rog

Runner Beans doing OK. Cucumbers a bit slow.  The four grafted Tomato plants I ordered from Suttons are progressing well enough, but I won't be planting them out for a few days yet.

Meanwhile the garden is generally growing like mad..but I've already lost three Lupins.. They really don't like the excessive wet.

Meanwhile.. look wot I got!!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/3cfXs4S2BGXxjsHx8

Fancied one for a long time and spotted it on eBay.  Under a tenner...

• Upvote 1

Same as our moggy. Jill our cat which is babied once in a while gets an eye infection which makes him squint or close his eye we brought some drops from the vet and they work but dont know what causes it he is an indoor cat have you any idea thankyou.

Thanks Jill we will have to check things and start eliminating things though we dont let him get into things like household cleaners though he is curious typical cat.

• Like 1

My idea of the purrfect cat... let me introduce Phil.

Screenshot-20240530-165927-Google.jpg

• Like 1
5 hours ago, IAN FINN said:

Thanks Jill we will have to check things and start eliminating things though we dont let him get into things like household cleaners though he is curious typical cat.

The RSPCA once told us that any cleaner which turns white in water, like liquid “Flash” for instance shouldn’t be used around cats. This might help.

• Like 2