• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

49 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

Where are all the ladies lately ?..............only 4 have made a post today..............sad thing that i am, counted em.......ocd and all that.........;)

OK I will now post about my (would be boring for some) day.  Looked after 12 families with babies and toddlers this morning.  Had lots of fun joining in with the toddler play and got lots of cuddles with some tiny babies, also had some interesting chats with the mums and one dad..... and not just about sleepless nights and nappies!   We talked about politics, spiritual things , education and the NHS amongst other things.

Went into Cambridge this afternoon and on the way back got caught up in the gridlock caused by a major traffic accident blocking part of the A14.  The diversions that were put in place choked up lots of other roads.  The park n ride that we were on took over an hour and a half to travel the 3 miles from the centre.

On returning home, there was an email from BBC Look East who want to film some activities at tomorrow's Toddler Group and talk to some young families to get their views on some Community Trust Housing (with some affordable housing) which is planned in the village.  Lots of the mums have strong views on this but don't know if they'll want to be on camera.  I will hide in the kitchen... don't like cameras!

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

Thank you nonna, Jill and Margie, feel better now..........don't like Gentlemens clubs    :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

We are having a few nights away in North Notts (or possibly still in Lincs?). We are staying in a farm B&B with lots of chickens outside our window, plus a noisy cockerel.... lovely and rural.   On the way, we passed not too far from Rog's place.... nearly stopped by for some lunch!

As I mentioned yesterday, BBC 'Look East' were at our Toddler Group this morning.  They were filming and interviewing for a long time but I expect most of it will be edited out.  If any of you can get different regional news programmes, you might be interested.... They said it should be on tonight - could be 6.30 or 10.30 (unless they decide to do another news story instead!). If I'm accidentally on it, I will NOT  be happy...as I said, I don't like cameras

• Like 1

No point popping into to see Rog Margie he'd be out with his 'Meals onna Trike' service to Phil........ grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Like 2

See if they can do owt for me anall Phil,all this nipping over to Southwell loaded up with food on me trike has worn me out

Rog,

Margie, you'll be most welcome if you did call in

Brew, move a bit closer to Lincolnshire and I'll see if I can rustle up some beans on toast

• Like 4
1 hour ago, MargieH said:

We are staying in a farm B&B with lots of chickens outside our window, plus a noisy cockerel.... lovely and rural.  

So it's roast chicken for tea then Margie ?

• Like 1

No roast chicken  but there may be a choice of rare breed chicken or goose eggs for breakfast.  Apparently the farmer makes bread every morning too.

2 hours ago, MargieH said:

As I mentioned yesterday, BBC 'Look East' were at our Toddler Group this morning.  They were filming and interviewing for a long time but I expect most of it will be edited out.  If any of you can get different regional news programmes, you might be interested.... They said it should be on tonight - could be 6.30 or 10.30 (unless they decide to do another news story instead!). If I'm accidentally on it, I will NOT  be happy...as I said, I don't like cameras

A few recent episodes are on iPlayer. I haven't yet checked if Margie makes an appearance.  https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/b006mj5w?suggid=b006mj5w

• Like 1

The lad finished installing a new boiler and a couple of radiators today.

The client was so happy he gave him and his mate £20 each.

He then said "I know your boss like a single malt, would you take him this please" A bottle of Dalwhinne Winters Gold, a new one on me, its supposed to be served straight from the fridge so that's where it is ready for later.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Cliff Ton said:

A few recent episodes are on iPlayer. I haven't yet checked if Margie makes an appearance.  https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/b006mj5w?suggid=b006mj5w

Thank you - unfortunately I did...

• Like 2
2 hours ago, MargieH said:

Thank you - unfortunately I did...

You were always a star Margie... Could be a whole new career...  :)

Col

• Upvote 1

Col, We were singing with some of the littlies, but luckily my voice was drowned out by their noise!

• Like 1

Had my ''Ingrowers'' sorted this morning by ''Svetlana'' up the Alley in Bulwell............hobbled in........came out Dancing......think i love her...........:rolleyes:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

think i love her...........:rolleyes:

Well Ben.. if she's female and has a pulse.....  ;)  :laugh:

• Like 3
2 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

Had my ''Ingrowers'' sorted this morning by ''Svetlana'' up the Alley in Bulwell.......think i love her...........:rolleyes:

That's the seediest thing I've seen on Nottstalgia for a long time. Only a former Marsden's manager could be turned on by things I've never dreamed of ;)

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Cliff Ton said:

That's the seediest thing I've seen on Nottstalgia for a long time. Only a former Marsden's manager could be turned on by things I've never dreamed of ;)

and clif ton your comment,after ithought about was one the funniest ive ever seen on nottstalgia,  LO very L

• Like 2

Thanks Jill..........shes Russian and giggles when i'm in pain, it really does hurt when she digs in, she goes in Hysterics when i shout Vlodi..f..... vostok, always gives me a cuddle after saying ''you very ,how you say in Bulwell Mardy bogger''.....told her if i was 50 years younger your ''Votankonk'' would'nt touch the ground.........she then slaps me and says ''see you next time''.......lovely woman,

• Like 3