How's your day?

2 hours ago, plantfit said:

Are you after joining the Nottstalgia name droppers club Barrie?slywink

Rog

Do you think they would have me? I could bring me portfolio and CV.

• Like 1
  • Replies 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

14 hours ago, plantfit said:

Russ Conway on the piano, can anyone remember when he had some sort of accident or operation on one of his hands but he still appeared on the program and tickled the ivorys

Rog

We loved Russ Conway, my Dad got tickets to see him at Theatre Royal in 1962 and I got his autograph!   

Glad to hear from you Carni. I don’t post very often (apart from the last few days) so I’m not up to date with everyone. Didn’t know about C hope you settle down with these tablets. To be honest I’ve never heard of them. A big hug from me. Stay positive.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, nonnaB said:

hope you settle down with these tablets. To be honest I’ve never heard of them.

These are the pills. called  Aromatase Inhibitors. I have to take one a day for 5 yrs or life. The first one called Anastrozole, left me almost unable to walk for about a month, the one the docs changed me to is called Exemestane, and things are looking up. I have had 4 whole days of feeling a bit more normal, I can walk and rest a lot better on this new pill. We hooked the bikes onto the back of the car and drove to our large 'West Park' yesterday and rode the perimeter twice, only 2 miles, but I am thrilled. I thought my cycling days were over.  It is easier to peddle than to walk. Anyway. this is where I am now.....feeling happy and optimistic again.x

• Like 10

Great news Carni, so pleased you are now on the mend, we are all thinking of you and look forward to seeing you at a meetup

Rog

• Like 3

@carni Really pleased you’ve done a bit of cycling once again.  The new pills certainly seem to be suiting you! x

• Like 3

So pleased for our @carnie...you say youve been on your bike but only a couple of miles............that all i ever do nowadays....some days only a mile....but it makes you feel so much better....keep it up Lass........funny thing is i do my bike rides round a Park called west Park'' same as you....which is on my doorstep........once again ''carnie'' very pleased for you..........x

• Like 3

Carni what good news and I’m so pleased for you. It’s good too that you are once again using your bikes even just for the 2 miles you do but I’m sure that gently, gently your rides will increase in distance but please be careful. Are cream cakes allowed? If so enjoy them. Take care.

• Like 3
14 hours ago, Cliff Ton said:

Has it affected your ability to eat cream cakes ?

Funny you should say that! We had to call at the Co-Op on the way home, and guess what we bought? Starts with 'Cream' and ends with 'Doughnuts' Hey, I did say No.................Oh go on then. Just one! slywink

• Like 5

Master is a real jam doughnut fan, and talking of our local CO_OP  i purchased 4 jam & apple doughnuts.   After lunch the master wanted (for want of a better word) a jammy doughnut.  The master was not very keen when it had apples  added to it, surprise !! surprise!!!! master took a bite of jammy doughnut and tons of jam ozzzez out , but the apples that were supposed to be in the doughnut had disappeared.

He gave a thums up for CO-OP doughnuts Best he had tasted he said.

and all for a £1 00

What more could you want?

• Like 3

Hi carni  just read above post 

we all missed you get well soon

when a member does not post for a while. we are all worried,  you are always in our thoughts   ,

• Like 1
On 7/26/2023 at 10:32 PM, Beekay said:

What is it Nonna?  Bananas and grass snake.  :hungr:

It’s a Sicilian courgette. We can’t grow them here but when relatives go to Sicily they usually bring some back with them as well as all the tender shoots from the leaves. Sauce for pasta which is delicious. The banana was put there for comparison which I ate for my pudding! While I’m writing to you can I ask you about your new oven/air fryer? My mw blew up as I was heating a lasagne up for lunch .It lit up and shuddered a bit and puffed out some awful smelling smoke ( and it wasn’t the lasagne). Now we have to get another mw and I remember reading that you’d changed yours. My husbands gone out to see if he can find one . He saw one on FB a while ago. How are you getting on with it.

Ciao Nonna, my airfryer is one of the best buys I've ever made. I bought a small 1.5lt single drawer last September and we've never used our full sized cooker since. About two months ago I upgraded to a Tower pro airfryer/oven which has the advantage of thre shelves and a rotisserie, ( although not tried that yet). Can honestly say I've not looked back or regretted it. I still use the smaller one if just doing a few fries etc., but the bigger one I've done pork and gammon joints in to perfection. Still got to try baking in it yet. Might try biscuits or muffins etc. Remember, if you can cook it in an oven then it can be done in an airfryer. X

Thanks Barrie my husband has just rung me with video call and showing me what he’s found. Can’t tell what’s what so we’ll both go this afternoon to look. He said it’s a 4in 1 so let’s see. 

Be aware Nonna, there are things that you shouldn't do in an airfryer. For example don't try dipping anything in batter as that will just drip through the tray, nor soups which could splash up onto the element.  They're not microwaves or deep fat fryers. If you use greaseproof or parchment paper as a liner, make sure you weight it down so the fan cannot blow it up into the element. At least you can put foil wrapped foods in. Of course, it cooks in a fraction of the time, ( whatever time is on the directions, you can subtract 10% ).

NB. Since having both machines, Tina has not cooked since !