• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

NEW TECH REVENGE 

New tech strikes back after the destruction of my old laptop I was told to buy a Samsung 360 laptop with windows 11, all went well until I tried to print a document, after many failed attempts and research Canon donot  do a driver for windows 11 for my printer, it is old., New tech your the winner I give up.

Just to add to my woes on this Friday the 13th I go into QMC to have a stone removed from my salivary  gland , I believe the wife has asked them to sew up half of my mouth. Life can only get better I hope.

1 hour ago, trogg said:

I believe the wife has asked them to sew up half of my mouth.

I once taught a child whose mother was grossly overweight and had tried everything to lose a few stones. In desperation, she announced that she was going to have her jaw wired together to prevent her eating foods she shouldn't have.  She had this procedure carried out privately but still didn't seem to lose any weight. Some weeks later, she announced that she'd had the wiring removed. I commiserated that it hadn't achieved the desired effect. She agreed that it hadn't... because she was liquidising fish and chips, pizzas and all sorts of other stuff and drinking them through a straw!  She went on to have gastric band surgery. No idea how she did with that as the child moved on to secondary school and we didn't see her mum any more.

Just shows, Trogg, all things are possible!

• Like 1
16 hours ago, trogg said:

after many failed attempts and research Canon donot  do a driver for windows 11 for my printer, it is old.,

We got a new PC recently, with Win 11.  It too refused to 'see' our ageing Canon DCP-540CN printer/copier/scanner.. but eventually, a friend sorted it for us.  Sadly, I have no idea how...

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, DJ360 said:

Sadly, I have no idea how...

Usually when the PC can't see the printer it means it cannot find a suitable driver.

Download the appropriate  driver from the manufacturer, install it and Win 11 should find it.

I have tried all ways but Canon do not have a driver for my printer to enable it to be used by Windows 11 it only goes up to 10, I am still exploring other ways to try and make it work. I am a tight s*d and do not want to buy a new printer.

2 hours ago, Brew said:

Usually when the PC can't see the printer it means it cannot find a suitable driver.

Download the appropriate  driver from the manufacturer, install it and Win 11 should find it.

Yep... we tried that for weeks but without success, until our friend fixed it.  I'll give him a call and see if he can remember what the fix was.

• Like 1

I’ve just been to the Milestone Brewery at Cromwell near Newark to get a case of ale. They’ve got a wide selection of beers and it was interesting to see a small bottle of each brew set out in front of the pumps in the bar. The range of colours was fascinating. At first I thought they were urine samples!

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, philmayfield said:

Some of the latest printers are very inexpensive. It’s not worth being penny pinching.

Until the ink runs out. Then you need to remortgage to replace it.

I use an Epson 750 ecotank and Iv'e been using it for 2 1/2 years and still got about a third inks since first fill. And I print a lot.

Phil, where do you get your inks from online please.

1 hour ago, Beekay said:

I use an Epson 750 ecotank and Iv'e been using it for 2 1/2 years and still got about a third inks since first fill. And I print a lot.

Phil, where do you get your inks from online please.

I use Internet Inks. They used to be in Keyworth but have now moved to the south coast. I use them for my Canon printer. Like you I’ve also got an Epson Ecotank and I think those inks will last me for years to come.

Phil, without wishing to sound like a boring idiot, can I ask, do you purchase manufacturers or compatible inks? Just had a look on 'tinternet inks and a set of four 102 compatibles are only £14.99.

Like many on here I gave "no name" printer inks a try due to the expense of genuine inks.

Very much mixed results, from the printer recognising non-genuine cartridges and refusing to print and having to fix that for each colour. Substandard print quality and not the same number of prints per cartridge as genuine inks. If you find some that work well then go for it.

The stupidity of the cost of replacement inks it is often cheaper to buy a new printer complete with ink than replacement cartridges. Be careful if you go down this road as some printer companies are supplying new printers with cartridges that have limited capacity.

2 hours ago, Beekay said:

Phil, without wishing to sound like a boring idiot, can I ask, do you purchase manufacturers or compatible inks? Just had a look on 'tinternet inks and a set of four 102 compatibles are only £14.99.

We buy HP 301 inks from Amazon not the compatible cheaper ones. We did try the cheap ones but they block the heads on the printer

We have no need to print photographs so  bought a Dell, and a Samsung laser colour printers. that was about two years ago and only black toner in the Dell and nothing in the Samsung so far. Cheaper than inkjets and really fast. Prints directly from the phone too.

I buy Badger Inks seldom let me down and  if my Brother Printer will not accept they change the one not working. Like most folk I have learnt to reduce the amount of paper copy I need. Used to print loads of music scores but now have them on an iPad.

10 hours ago, Beekay said:

The compatible ones Barrie. Used them for years with no problems.

• Like 1