• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Hello everyone....I post very rarely but check in often .

I have left my home in the middle of nowhere 'Muggleswick' it's in co. Durham so I can guarantee being with my family for Christmas.

I would like to wish you all a very happy Christmas and a healthy new year .

• Like 6

Hello there Gem, great to see you posting and pleased you check in on us frequently, us old regulars have missed your posts and hope you’re keeping well after spending so much time caring for your elderly relatives. Merry Christmas to you gal, and have a great 2024. 

Bit of a pain really.  Last night I thought I’d better do a bit of wrapping.  First issue was a John Lewis security tag was on a shirt I’d bought for my son.  Second issue was I’d bought the wrong size of another shirt.  3rd issue was I’d been charged twice for yet another shirt.   I’d not even noticed until I was matching up ‘Gift Receipts’.  Turned out that the lovely girl on the till this morning recognised me.  She was delightful actually.  I’d been concerned that it was my word against there’s as far as the double charging was concerned.  All sorted in 5 mins.  Then I went and bought MY Christmas present from my husband and just wrapped it and put under the tree.  I’m just about sorted now, just the veg to buy tomoz 

15 hours ago, Beekay said:

So wots wromg wi' Wallaby testicles on wholemeal toast then?  

Mallee Oysters, were on the menu but had difficulty "tying me wallaby down mate"

Seriously Wallaby meatballs are very nice.

All roo and Wallaby meat is good for you

Hi Oz,

To us living in a broken and ruined nation I would swap places with you anytime.

It's taken 160 years to escape Victorian poverty and mis-rule of the governing incompetence, where we now find ourselves sliding inexorably back into the mire. I feel ashamed to be a member of this broken degenerated society.

3 minutes ago, Alpha said:

To us living in a broken and ruined nation I would swap places with you anytime.

Alpha, don't for one minute think that all is perfect down-under. The underfunded health service is under severe strain, homeless and working poor are increasing as mortgage repayments increase, prices of food and utilities outstrip any wage rises workers get. We have a labor government working hard to correct years of Liberal (Conservative) government looking after the boys and deliberately driving wages down. Thankfully we don't have the biting cold of winter where people cannot afford to heat their homes.

Well, got me Christmas dinner sorted out. Been to M & S and bought two turkey dinners complete with pigs in blankets. No farting about with 3 hour brussels etc. Just bung em in 'towd oven and hey presto !

Pair of saddoes or what !

• Like 1

Beans on toast, topped with grated cheese!  It's food and it hasn't required anyone to kill to produce it.  Conspicuous consumption you can keep and before anyone mentions it, I was eating beans on toast for Christmas before Greta Thunberg was born.

• Like 1

So called ‘Christmas’ has its roots in paganism. Look around you, it’s an overindulgent festival of mammon.

I can buy an inflatable Father Christmas to stick in the garden but not a blow up baby Jesus.

If you can make your way to Station Rd. Fiskerton you can see the annual outlandishly garish collection of Christmas lights in a front garden. I wouldn’t want to live nearby! Fortunately the collection there is for the Air Ambulance who can no doubt see it on their way back to base from the QMC.

• Like 1

Looking forward to proper food starting next Wednesday...Egg n chips, fish fingers etc, pie n mash. The list goes on...

• Like 1

What people are actually doing is recreating Saturnalia.  What does having a binge on food, drink, expensive gifts and glitzy decorations have to do with a man who, reportedly, owned nothing, had no roof over his head and scorned materialism?  Did he not say that those who wished to be like him should sell all they had, give the proceeds to the poor and then follow him?

Most major religions (if you can get past the dogma) also eschew materialism. It's just a pleasant but potentially very dangerous distraction.

The Christian church simply appropriated the pagan festival. Those who don't want to participate can always opt out.

• Like 3

The Bible does not give us an actual date when Christ was born, neither does it tell us how to celebrate it.  Those parts are human additions.  The older I get the less I am interested in getting or receiving presents.  I am thankful for the good things I already have.

Hope ya'll have a happy Christmas.

From all at the Doghouse.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1
51 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

I can buy an inflatable Father Christmas to stick in the garden but not a blow up baby Jesus.

No wonder you're so miserable, so to bring some Christmas cheer into your life I've found one for you....   smile2

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/7-6-Ft-Christmas-Inflatable-Decorations_1600995355284.html?spm=a2700.7724857.0.0.50f830c62N0EPt

You're welcome...

5 minutes ago, Jill Sparrow said:

Don't forget something nice for those beautiful boys of yours, Loppy, for being (reasonably) good all year.

The boys always do especially well at holiday times.  They share whatever that rotten Jake the Beagle can steal.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Brew said:

No wonder you're so miserable, so to bring some Christmas cheer into your life I've found one for you....   smile2

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/7-6-Ft-Christmas-Inflatable-Decorations_1600995355284.html?spm=a2700.7724857.0.0.50f830c62N0EPt

You're welcome...

Honestly I’m not miserable. I couldn’t be happier as I sit here with a beer in my hand and the thought of a lobster dinner this evening. Your inflatable crib scene has brought even more joy into my heart.

The problem is that being neither a Christian or a Pagan I have no friends at this joyous time of year. ☹️

• Like 1