How's your day?

3 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

Poor Jake. He's scared of storms, isn't he?  My cats don't like them, either, but at least they have litter trays!  Try and catch up on your sleep with an early night.

Dozed in my recliner after around 3.30. a.m.  Bad idea!  Woke up with a stiff neck and a bad case of the drools.  I'm gerrin' owd!  Jake sleeping happily at my feet.  He's back there again now,  3.00 p.m.  It's a dog's life.  I'm ready to doze again but not in this chair anymore.  Sky looks like more on the way.

• Replies 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Message to BK  big ears from Noddy 

We Have Competition BK    X

Very nice day yesterday. We went over to youngest daughter's and joined by oldest daughter and family who live 3 doors away in same street in Worsley. So..got to see all three Grandkids for first time in months which was fab.

It turned into quite a cosmopolitan party what with my Caribbean son in law, plus a nearby Venezuelan  couple and their delightful kids..then another neighbour from Ukraine and one from Poland. All lovely people and good to swap info on how we all celebrate  Christmas. 

My oldest daughter is the linguist, but it was the younger one.. the designer..who suddenly broke into a great diatribe in Spanish..which our guests applauded. She was a little tipsy though:rolleyes:

"The weather here today is a bit wild, as the full fury of the Atlantic weather skips over Liverpool and crashes headlong into the forbidding slopes of the Billinge Massif".. he said .with typical British understatement..:laugh:

Today I made bubble and squeak, from roast spuds, parsnips and sprouts which have been in the fridge since Christmas  Day. I don't add carrots and definitely not onion, because it's  all about the 'umami' sort of flavours  I also boiled up a couple more spuds and sprouts last night. They have to be at least left overnight and without them the stuff won't hold together.

This time there's  enough for me to make some into 'quarter pounder' sized cakes and freeze them. Be nice with a cooked brekkie 

I fry my b&s in bacon fat, or oil flavoured with bacon/ lardons. The trick is to let it brown, then fold in the brown bit, make into a 'patty' again and repeat as often as needed. I finish it by adding a knob of butter to the pan. Serve with what you like, but I have bacon and a fried egg.

• Like 1

Nahhh.... lt's about 97% carbohydrates.

Oh my goodness, I’m sitting here quietly watching telly on my own (cos someone else in the house has got no staying power)  and I thought we were being invaded, must have been hailstones hitting the windows, certainly not just rain.  It’s been going on for ages.  All we need now is the strong winds to bring a tree down.  
It took our boys four or five hours to get home this afternoon, instead of max 2 hours.  They spent the first hour of their journey in Nottinghamshire!

Last Night thought the storm had missed us (NO SUCH  LUCK)

Fence down, trellis gone, wooden seat blown over, but what was nice the wind blow my small Christmas over and smashed all glass ornaments but the lights still worked and we  still have window's and patio doors in the bungalow.

Fortunately  for we Hardy Northern types..We get strong winds quite often and everything that wasn't  nailed down blew away years ago.. Countless  ridge tiles, TV aerials, shed roofs and fence panels have gone over the years.  Even three chimneys in our street. So these days everything tends to be very well nailed down.

Just realised it’s my Nottstalgia birthday today.  On a boring evening between Christmas and New Year in 2012  I googled ‘Dungeon Club Nottingham’, came across Nottstalgia and I’m still here and continue to be educated on many aspects of Nottingham and met some lovely folk along the way.  Sadly we’ve lost quite a few over the years too, I miss them all.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Not there now Ian.  The Dungeon was open from 1964 to 1968.  I used to go regularly from 1965 to 1967.  The building has housed a few clubs since then but for many years it’s been Nelsons Solicitors. I never went in the building after I grew out of the Dungeon but what a brilliant club it was, we were so lucky to grow up in those days. I tried to get a tour of their basement a few years ago, (egged on by fellow ex Dungeon goers) because I knew a partner in Nelsons.  It didn’t happen unfortunately, wonder if the walls are still painted black and white, one things for sure though …… the walls won’t still be dripping with condensation.  

• Like 4

Hi LizzieM   i must have seen  you in Dungeon club sometime it was for younger people as at the time you had 21 to be able to go into a night club.

I worked top of Canning circus in a salon with another Junior Elaine, every Friday night we worked till 8 00pm then when we had closed We would both used the bosses shower change of clothes and away we would go down to the Dungeon. Danced till it closed then a taxi to Elaine's  or my house. 1 to 1/2 hours sleep then shower, back at work for 8 00 am next morning, We never stopped for lunch at we only worked till 1 00pm  then five minutes sleep and  get ready to go out again. 

OH!!! those were the days???