• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Beekay said:

Not by me Brew,

I didn't say it was. I'm just doubtful because there's no sign of a chain and the tyres don't look right...

Hi Looking at Nottingham Live online and shocked to see a photo of me. Link below

27 objects and places synonymous with Nottingham - Nottinghamshire Live (nottinghampost.com)

Its the first one taken in the Robin Hood Experience on Maid Marian Way

PS It is from many years decades ago. 

It is neither my wife or my son. 

• Like 5

HAPPY NEW YEAR BREW

• Like 1

Good morning all and a Happy New years Day thumbsup

Started my Concept2 January Challenge this morning with 3k on the rower and 12k on the bike. Felt good - hope the rest of the month stays that way. 

• Like 2

A happy New Year to you all.

Started my New Year as I finished the last, 3 cups of strong black coffee with cigarettes sitting in a comfortable arm chair.

PP I wish I could be like you, but I have to admit I am a week willed failure, but in 2025 I will show you the change in me. ( I hope)

• Like 1

Morning Trogg. My bike and rowing machine sessions are much easier than they sound. I just plod along while watching telly. I find the 400 yard walk to our fishing club pub much harder.

Happy New Year to one and all. May everyone be healthy, happy and loved in 2024.

• Like 3

I’ve left my Christmas lights up which is far later than I normally would. Just brightens everywhere up a bit. My back garden is under water but still not as bad as a lot of the villages and roads around our local River Soar.

We're right in the path of Storm Haggis or whatever its called. And to cap it all...Bingo cancelled tonight. 2024 just gets better.

"Crappy New Year, everybody !

Belated Happy New Year to all!

Mrs B, my lights will come down on Friday 5th which, according to my calendar is 12th night.

After I dragged the fibre optic artificial tree down and put the 'alternate' lights on it that I use when the noise from the fibre optic machanism drives me nuts and the optics induce migraine..Mrs Col didn't even bother putting any baubles on it..so I dragged them out of the loft for no reason.... and me in pain with my metal knee..Not that I like to talk about that... I'm not one for complaining..:rolleyes:

Well I've got some Solar light on the little Cherry tree in the middle of the lawn and as far as I'm concerned, they are staying on. Unless of course I'm told to take em off. Should look good later in the year. They won't come on till about 9.00pm.

It’s a bit damp out. The A612 is flooded at Gonalston crossroads but passable. The Trent is right up to the top at Fiskerton and the river Greet is over the road where it enters the Trent. Kelham Rd. the A617 into Newark is closed at the Fox pub so there’s the usual diversion. The third time this year. The Trent is up to the top of the steps by Newark Castle. We drove down our own lane to more closely view our lake on the field which now covers an acre of land. Looking out of our upstairs rear windows the large field to the rear is totally flooded and there are mini lakes in our back orchard. We stocked up with food at Newark M&S, which is now much better than Waitrose, so we have supplies up to the weekend and I have an inflatable dinghy in the garage. The last time I used that, other than on the sea, was in November 2000 when three of us rowed along the Main St. down to Gibsmere to see if anyone needed help. The dyke down our lane is high but coping and it looks like the rain will be easing very soon. The Trent at the Colwick gauge is forecast to peak at 5.41M on 4th Jan. The highest recent level was 5.42M in 2000 when the sluices opened and sent a tidal wave downstream.