How's your day?

That's the problem Rog. I think I was trying to get away from her ! She's going to get me some cot sides or staple me in a sleeping bag.

• Like 1
  • Replies 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

To - day just got better and better?   In Feb 2023 I had Spinal surgery, so I could leave QMC and go home I was sent down for Xray to check that the scaffolding they had put into my neck was ok. It was so home i went, March time nurse telephoned to check I was ok. Then June a doctor phoned to check that every thing was OK,  Still not discharged, Had a letter Come though I had been booked to have X-ray 17th Jan 2024, then a telephone call a MRI scan had been booked, went for scan every thing A_OK ask about x-ray 17th Jan no need to go I was told. So I returned home next day rang QMC asked them to cancel appointment, ok we will do that, Just had message on my phone reminder that I have a booking for Xray Tried and Tried all day to cancel and explaine that do not need this xray any more. Is any body listning NO!!!

• Like 1

It does not if its plunber you need or medical person its the same old run around. I have to get a syste removed from chest saw the surgeon in October he told me we will call in six weeks here we are in January so i phoned last Friday the receptionist said had fell through the cracks we will call you Monday it is  now 3:40 and nothing yet,what is the world come to?

• Like 1

I see that Keir Starmer was in Loughborough today visiting flood areas with the Charnwood Borough Council Chair. I went to Pilates this morning and the flood damage en route through Hathern and Long Whatton shows the damage. Numerous houses flooded. I guess the whole country is similar. Thank goodness we live quite high up.

Appointments at doctor's or hospital's they always ask you to let them know if you can't  keep appointment BIG SIGN number of people DNA for appointment cost to NHS £££

I have had to cancel 2 appointments when i last went to the surgery the nurse said oh!! you did not keep your last appointment.

I have always let them know if I can't get.      

IS IT ME???

DNA did not arrive

From being surrounded by water up to the weekend we now have none. Severn Trent are working on it. You never miss it until you haven’t got it! I was gong to wash cars today. It looks like a trip to the Albanian car wash in Newark. I always feel guilty sitting in a warm car whilst the car wash people are outside using cold water. 

3 hours ago, philmayfield said:

I always feel guilty sitting in a warm car whilst the car wash people are outside using cold water. 

Tell 'em to use warm water...

:Shock:

• Like 1

Been over the border this morning into Derbyshire..(10 mins away).........to Designer Outlet...to say money is tight couldnt believe how busy it was..

Nice 'Toasted sandwich'' with my Espresso in 'Costa Coffee'' then into ''Moss Bros'' for a couple of new shirts....

Nice to get out again for a bit of ''Banter''............on getting home as i was parking the car....a neighbour spotted me with the distinctive ''Moss bros'' carrier bag....'''bet you been buying shirts again...does Donna know ?

...............Our little Avenue is famous for ''Nosey neighbours''......lol

• Like 3

Got a thing about ''Shirts'' Phil.......in fact about mens clothing in general always have had............

Ive never been a ''Dedicated follower of fashion''......if i like something i buy it..

Don't like the way a lot of men dress......sloppy T shirts...Shorts with ugly legs...Sandals...T-shirt with a suit....shirts with top 3 buttons open...dirty shoes...i could go on.......its just the way i am...to each his own hey?.......even Beards..thats another subject.......:crazy: :biggrin:

• Like 1

Ian...just inside Derbyshire off the A38..nr South Normanton......Designer Outlet..Mcarthur Glen....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

My son also grew a beard in lockdown but I have to admit it does suit him! Back to the dress code, why are some blokes still wearing shorts this weather?

Can understand the posties wearing them cos there’s a bit of a competition going on there.

I’m all muffled up this weather if I’m out, bobble hat, scarf and duvet coat. Maybe it’s cos I’m getting old or just cos I like to be warm.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Shorts in this weather? It takes me all my time to move away from my fire, if I do  go out I am wrapped up well and I also wear a mask to help keep the cold away from my face. The cold never use to bother me , it must be another thing you have to put up with due to age.

@trogg, 'the cold never bothered you', for a minute there I thought you were going to burst into the song from "Frozen".

" Do ya wanna build a snowmaaan"?

I wear shorts only in the summer....for cycling and being on the Garden....would'nt dream of wearing them any other times.....except on the Beach.....If i ever get to Spain again..........

Some 'interesting' prejudices coming out here...:rolleyes:

I've said many times on here that I decided to grow a beard when I first landed a job which required 'collar and tie'. That also required shaving daily, which I'd never done when in factory work etc. However, I found that daily shaving caused a rash. I'd be clean shaven in the morning, and 'zit city' by lunchtime. Docs prescribed allsorts but nothing cured it, so I grew a beard, but kept it short.  I still do.

Beards on young man had something of a resurgence at the height of the recent 'Hipster' phase, but seem to be going away again. Just fashion.

A few times, some 'smartass' in the pub has asked me. "Do you have a beard to try to look intelligent?", to which I reply,  "Do you shave your face to look thick?" Usually shuts them up.

I'm surprised, but not especially offended by the number of people seen about in midwinter in shorts.  Their choice.. Also, I've recently attended physio for my knee in shorts, so that the therapist can actually see what's happening.  Makes sense to me.

Again..there are shorts and shorts.  I have shorts for day wear on holiday.  I'll also use them for nipping out to the bin..cutting the front grass in summer etc. I really don't care what others think..  But if seriously hot weather meant shorts were more suitable for more extended time out..say shopping, meeting appointments, visiting etc.. I'd wear more tailored shorts.

In the back garden, depending on weather..all bets are off.

I've long since done away with the shoulder length hair I had 'back in the day', but it was only in lockdown that I started cutting my own hair. I started with 10mm all over and have now reduced to 6 mm all over.  It's suprising how quickly a bit of hair growth starts to become uncomfortable and scruffy feeling. Also, as the inevitable receding hairline and thinning of the crown progress, you have the choice.  You either do a 'Scargill', or you cut your hair shorter to reduce the contrast between hairy and bald bits of head.  I'm not quite there yet, but my (younger) brother just shaves his head every few days. I know many men my age who do similar.  It's just easy.

It seems to me that the 'bald head to look hard' idea is way outdated. Anything goes these days and those who try to look 'hard' by affecting a shaven head, also tend to conform to other 'stereotypes', by having cheap tatoos, wearing certain 'uniforms' etc., so it's not difficult to separate the wannabe hard men, from other shaven heads.

As for outside in this weather? Two layers of shirts, a fleece, gloves, a scarf and a woolly hat if I'm out walking.  A flat cap if shopping, attending appointments etc. I have bigger coats if needed and of course a Crombie style overcoat for funerals, though I doubt I'll wear it to my own. :)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

A few years ago my husband grew a mustache and small beard. I didn't particularly like it but let him get on with it. After about a year I said to him, oh, you've shaved off your beard and mustache!  Very droll, he replied, I shaved it off 2 days ago.. oops!

• Like 1

@katyjay, I can go one better than that. Many years ago, in mid 70s, I had a beard when I worked as a ranger at the National water sports centre. Had the beard for quite a while, then....

Our son, Andrew said to his mum, "That's not my real dad is it?"

Tina asked him what he meant by that, and he replied, "My real dad's got a beard". Tina looked at me and shocked said,

"Oh, when did you shave that off"? 

To which I replied, '7 nights ago ! And we've been to bed since then' !!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

There are many criticisms levelled at the NHS but today I think we've hit the region known as 'you couldn't make it up'.

My brother has been in the Royal Derby for a week with a suspected stroke.

After an x-ray where they noticed a shadow; the results are now nowhere to be found.

An MRI scan was requested at the time and booked for five days hence, apparently he had to stay in hospital all this time for fear of losing his place in the queue. His nurse thinks it will be tomorrow, the consultant has no idea! 

After several trips to what surely must be the least accessible hospital in the country taking clean clothes and food, I now have a request for another trip. I have to go to his house for his medicines as he has been without them all week. They told him off for not taking them with him as the hospital can't provide his Amlopidine, not even Aspirin!  Seriously?...

I may get a little shouty soon...

• Like 2

Where we live if anyone passed away a couple or more would attend the funeral, Now I have been to a Jewish Wedding an Africans Wedding, a Catholic Wedding, A green bowlers Funeral.  A non   believer funeral, Chulla's  send off,  

BUT Never been to a Jehovah witness send off, there are 4 of us going One is a Muslim /one Catholic /one  a believer /one not    

What a combination.  

• Upvote 1

Brew so sorry to hear about your brother, I do hope he's OK

All our thoughts are with you Brew hope all goes well  for him and you take care. Same disarray over here in the medical field seems everyone is stretched to the limit.