• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

I’ve ordered it Phil from Amazon thanks.

Went in Jeromes in Bulwell this morning first time for about 3 weeks.......

Lots of 'EY UPS' WHERE YO BINS''......Nice to be missed...and enjoyed an ''Eggs Benedict

Then bumped into an old friend from my football days in the 70s......he's a couple of years younger than me...and sadly in a wheel-chair....not lost his sense of humour though..........told him im making a come-back next season..''.how about joining me?''''..........laughing he said...shan't bother and you wont be 'Gobbing off at every one will ya?''....alluding to my lack of normal speech.......called him a ''Cheeky Sod''........then had a lovely bit of Banter about the old days.......crickey 50 odd years ago.....:Shock:

• Like 2

When we left Radcliffe 24 yrs ago they were starting to build behind our house on fields. Glad we left when we did We only have fields opposite us and we weren’t exactly over the moon when our next door neighbours planted 200 hazlenut trees. But there again we can still see the montains. Progress people have to live somewhere.

Yes  Ben when  you look at it like that time doesn’t last long enough.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, philmayfield said:

I think you got the last copy!

We did, only one left. EBay have some though.

Good day today. Passed the 600km mark in the January rowing challenge. My target is 686.5 km which I did in 2016 when I was 77. Set this target because the average age of my crewmates is 77. We are aptly known as the ANCIENTS. :)

• Like 5

The ancients? Barmy buggers comes to mind... ;) but I wish I could do half as much,,,

• Like 1
4 hours ago, nonnaB said:

Enterprises didn’t have galleys

nonnaB,

The starship Enterprise had a galley and according to Eddie Izzard the Death Star had a canteen.

(Caution coarse language)

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Brew said:

The ancients? Barmy buggers comes to mind... ;) but I wish I could do half as much,,,

Another crew I belong to are the 'COFFIN DODGERS'. We meet in the pub twice a week and concentrate on right arm exercises :rolleyes:

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Cliffton, it wuz Col wot broke it 'onest  ----------------------->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Poltics thread formatting gone awol

• Like 1

Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa, mea Culpa!!!:blink:

Jim is correct and has just beat me to it.

Apologies to any and all who want to post in the Politics Thread but my last reply to Jim seems to have tipped it over the edge.. I think I broke the internet.. :mellow:..  I've tried but can't do anything from this end, so we are all in the hands of our mighty leader  Kev/Cliff-ton..  :sorry:

Someone on the dreaded Facebook Nottinghamshire Lost School Friends site has invited me to a Manning reunion in April. :sorry:  I'm hiding under the bed and I shan't come out until May at the very earliest.

• Like 2

You'll get a detention if you don't reply quick enough Jill or even made to stand in the dreaded quadrant alone

Rog

• Like 1

I think I explained a week or so back what an almighty hassle the Targeted Lung Health Check set up caused me.  In particular a reaction to being given 4 doses of Ventolin with no warning of possible side effects or possible drug interactions despite me making it clear to the bloke doing the testing that I have Heart Failure and am on numerous meds.

I put in a detailed and lengthy complaint via email but got no response.. not even an acknowledgement.  It turned out there was something wrong in the email address I'd been given and my messages had bounced back, but into my Spam folder.

So... emailed again.. last Friday.. and still not so much as an acknowledgement of my message, much less a proper response....

All above said, I have no problem with the noble intentions of the Lung Health checks, which are to look for early signs of cancer and other lung conditions.

So.. it seems I have  'nodule' on a lung.  Fairly common apparently and mostly harmless, but needs monitoring in 3 months time by a further CT scan...

It also appears that the Ventolin they damn near killed me with, also improved my breathing a bit. ( not that I felt either the need for improvement, or the alleged actual improvement.. but what do I know?)  So.. they reckon I have possible mild emphysema, or COPD, but they don't really know and want my GP to 'consider' it. No idea what that means..

And finally, they reckon that I reported 'Chronic Cough' during the health check.  I absolutely did not say anything of the sort.  I said I can get an occasional dry cough, which my Cardiologist assures me is a side effect of the medications I'm on.

So.. in summary....

I have breathing issues which I'm not aware of, which don't seem to be related to the most obvious cause, i.e. Heart Failure, but might be Emphysema or COPD, but they aren't sure, and which are partly relieved by taking a drug which doesn't mix with the meds I take to improve my Heart Failure and which I have no current intention of ever taking again. And I have a nodule which is probably harmless, but might not be, and a cough which I don't have, but they say I said I had.

You couldn't make it up....

And on top of the above, bitter experience tells me that anybody in my family who has COPD, or Emphysema, is long gone.

My Dad at 56 and my Sister at 64.

Not even in the same league as yourself Col but the lung Spirometry ordered by my  GP some weeks ago simply never happened. I'm also waiting for an appointment for cataracts replacement, supposedly with three weeks but now well overdue.

The new BP tablets virtually knock me out but I "have to see how I get on for a little longer"

The recent farrago with my brother..

As you say you can't make some stuff up...

Anyway I wish you well mate...

• Like 1

What are the BP tabs Jim?

Amlodipine 5mg with an option to go to 10 he says.... bugger of i says... I think a few here have the same

Nobody asked me but Iv'e been on Amlodipine 10mg since I don't know when. Along with a load of others, if you want the names. ( Also, Trulicity injection once a week).

On 1/29/2024 at 9:35 AM, Jill Sparrow said:

Someone on the dreaded Facebook Nottinghamshire Lost School Friends site has invited me to a Manning reunion in April. :sorry:  I'm hiding under the bed and I shan't come out until May at the very earliest.

I cannot wait to see young Miss Sparrow in her School uniform standing under the Quadrant.

oops I didn’t write that did I. I was only thinking it,  I promise honestly.he he