• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

There’s a bearded Scotsman in full highland dress, complete with sporran and a walking staff, hiking along the roads in the Trent Valley. I saw him near Fiskerton early this afternoon and then again later going up Brinkley Hill towards Southwell. Probably quite harmless but he looks a bit incongruous round here. He’s got a map attached to the back of his rucksack. Keep a lookout if you’re in the area!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, philmayfield said:

There’s a bearded Scotsman in full highland dress, complete with sporran and a walking staff, hiking along the roads in the Trent Valley. I saw him near Fiskerton early this afternoon and then again later going up Brinkley Hill towards Southwell. Probably quite harmless but he looks a bit incongruous round here. He’s got a map attached to the back of his rucksack. Keep a lookout if you’re in the area!

We spotted him too. Near the railway crossing towards Brinkley Hill.

You ought to approach him Phil, and say.." Your'e the man from the mirror and I claim my £5.00 ".

• Like 1

Talking of odd-bods, did anyone see the 24 Hrs in A&E tonight, from QMC and filmed last summer?  
The bloke who took his parrot into hospital with him was (and may still be) a regular in our little local, Doctors Orders.  We’ve gone in there and seen the parrot sitting on a table with his attention-seeking owner offering the poor bird beer and nibbles.  Seen him around quite a lot, weirdo.

Looks like one of Ben's foreign conquests has tracked him down and left a message under the Bestwood Estate thread.  Does it concern a budgie in a shed, I wonder?

Your Post was excellent Sofi...........and i agree with much of it,,,,,,,don't know why it was cancelled......Cllff ton ?:biggrin:

9 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

Your Post was excellent Sofi...........and i agree with much of it,,,,,,,don't know why it was cancelled......Cllff ton ?:biggrin:

denshaw got there before me.

• Like 1

A sign of getting older..........

When you have to fill in a form online which includes your date of birth, I'm having to scroll

further and further down the list.

One day my numbers won't be there.

Miracle of miracles. . I had my morning coffee sitting on the patio in minimal attire and bathed in glorious sunshine. Not quite beach weather, but warm enough for my first sunbathing session of the year.

It will undoubtedly cloud up later..as ever.. but I'm still 'on' for lunch on the patio so far...;)

1 hour ago, Cliff Ton said:

A sign of getting older..........

When you have to fill in a form online which includes your date of birth......

I keep saying to my wife "I don't know how old people are supposed to do all this" , when logging onto certain online sites (forgetting I'm in that category myself).

As well as your email and password,  a number of sites won't let you in until you have inserted a six figure code that they send separately to your mobile phone or email address. 

I can cope at the moment but one day maybe it will all be too complicated !

Good for you DJ we’ve had glorious weather the last few days after so much rain. Next door are already in their pool . Our cover is a pool in itself, a hose pipe has been draining the water for 3 days.my husband sits outside 5-10 minutes a day and already has started to tan. The only time I’ve sat out is this morning grooming the long haired chihuahua, she let me brush her half way then she jumped down and hid.

• Like 1

So last night I idly checked my 'Euromillions'  Lottery numbers against the published 'winners'..

07, check!, 16, check!, 18, check!.. a slight rise in pulse and then..20..nope.. guess it's another win of abour 3 quid... then

32, check!! pulse rising again.. 4 out of five can't be bad.. then the Lucky stars.. I had 02 and 04.. winners were 01 and 03...

So near..yet so far..  still I'm one of only 397 people who've won £22.60.

I won't let it change my life...

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, DJ360 said:

So last night I idly checked my 'Euromillions'  Lottery numbers against the published 'winners'..

07, check!, 16, check!, 18, check!.. a slight rise in pulse and then..20..nope.. guess it's another win of abour 3 quid... then

32, check!! pulse rising again.. 4 out of five can't be bad.. then the Lucky stars.. I had 02 and 04.. winners were 01 and 03...

So near..yet so far..  still I'm one of only 397 people who've won £22.60.

I won't let it change my life...

Where do I send my begging letter Col? It will help get out of Angola.

Send it to Brew.. He can afford to pay Plumbers, so he must be minted.. :laugh:

Whilst you were all carousing in the boozer on Weds, I decided that I'd allowed a bit of D.I.Y. to become a substitute for proper exercise. So.. I determined to get a decent walk under my belt.

I 'summitted' mighty Billinge Hill, via the North Eastern route recently opened up. Apart from a couple of  brief dips, (which only mean losing height gained) it is unrelentingly uphill, with the last bit being a very steep rocky scramble.

Still, on the way, it was good to spot Willow Catkins and other signs of Spring. Also, it being a sunny day, and with few leaves to obscure things, the views were long and interesting, out to way beyond Manchester, out over Bowland and Pendle, over Derbyshire, over Liverpool and Blackpool etc.

There was nobody about and unusually, not a soul at the 'summit'. Just me.  Looking out over the still fenced off area which is a filled in quarry, I watched Sparrow Hawks and Kestrels hovering, whilst a Hare darted about among the long grass and bushes.

It always strikes me that when alone with your thoughts, distant views can take on subtly different characters. Sometimes they are bright, interesting and joyful..at other times they seem to take on a wistful nature..like a sort of longing to be where you can see, not so much as where you are. Cloudless skies always induce a misty horizon, whereas partial fluffy clouds lead to much clearer views of the distant horizon. I'm often reminded of the landscapes described in Tolkien's books. The Misty Mountains, The Blue Mountains, the Grey Havens.. etc.

And as I've probably noted before, according to local Billingers.. when 'Oop on th 'ill'... 'If tha' can see the Welsh mountains, it's goin' ter rain... If tha' can't see um.. it is rainin'...

I returned via the more traditional route and did a bit of shopping in the village then home. About 7000 steps, whatever that is in old money..

• Like 6