Fulfilled/unfulfilled dreams

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You see, you're laying down the rules already and we're not even engaged! 

As WW's teacher said the future is never what you expect it to be.   I never expected to be in my latter years in Georgia USA writing to a bunch of great folks on Nottingham whom I have neve

I don't remember having any dreams when I was young I was just to busy enjoying myself on a day to day basis. At work I was exactly the opposite to Ben I loved and still love getting my hands dirty th

4 hours ago, loppylugs said:

You'd now have been an 'Oztalgian'   With apologies to Oztalgian for pinching his name.

No apology necessary Loppy.

Though we are of various ages, genders, from all sorts of backgrounds and wherever we are in the world we can all share our thoughts, jokes, anecdotes pictures and memories. NS helps me remember the City and County I knew even though I left for OZ over 40 years.

• Like 5
On 30/09/2017 at 2:03 PM, loppylugs said:

BTW.  WW.  Glad there is another organist onboard.  I'm only a very amateur organist.  I started to learn about five years ago.  Couldn't read a note of music, never played any instrument. Now have an Allen, on which I mangle poor old Bach's music.  :biggrin:  I hang around the Organ forum some.  Quite a few Hammond guys on there.

L.L Just listened to your video on the other thread. Sounds good and that's a sweet sounding organ. I've never heard of Allen until now.

I see you use both feet, even better. If you got that far in 5 years you're doing ok imo and have an ok teacher.

I'm an amateur, got no certificates for organ but I could play a bit on piano. When I took up organ locally I played out of a piano hymn book (Wesleyan type) with music in only treble and bass clef. I played the low notes line of the bass clef on the pedals and proceeded from there. Started off with 25 note radial pedals but they bought a new organ with 13 pedals which excluded any hope of serious attempts at classical. I plugged away at congregation accompaniment for many years and enjoyed it. Did a number of weddings, funerals, baptisms.

Then about 20 yr ago we got a new young pastor.

He carefully considered the organ and decided he was afraid that it had got to go.

So it went.

So did I. Ha. No hard feelings, I was not with-it and too old for what was on the agenda. 

My home organ is essentially a modern stage instrument but it has onboard an exquisite sounding baroche plpe organ sampled with reeds etc. I may catch up on the classics one day. 

• Like 2

Hi WW.  I sent you a p.m.  If you are unfamiliar with that, the little envelope on the top right of your screen should have lit up red.  just click on it to read.  It will also allow you to reply if you want.

I didn't want to hijack this thread for a discussion on organs.  Thanks for your kind words.

On 30/09/2017 at 7:36 AM, Chulla said:

Jill, will you marry me?

Many of you will have read this very public proposal made recently by our very own would be bigamist, the Dalai Chulla.

Any sign of an engagement ring? Nowt!

I've been browsing Tiffany's online. They do some nice rocks. He'll probably expect me to make do with one of Liz Taylor's cast offs.  Cheapskate! :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
26 minutes ago, Jill Sparrow said:

He'll probably expect me to make do with one of Liz Taylor's cast offs. 

Quite a choice there......Conrad Hilton, Michael Wilding, Mike Todd, Eddie Fisher, Richard Burton, John Warner, Larry Fortensky........

• Upvote 1

Jill, I think I have a ring somewhere I got at Goose Fair, made of Peruvian gold. Just watch that your finger doesn't turn green.

• Upvote 1

It's lucky for him I can no longer sue for breach of promise! So, young Chulla, consider yourself dumped! :blink: the first time I've ever done that online.

I thought I'd let him off the hook. I suspect he can't afford to keep me in the manner to which I'd rapidly become accustomed! :rolleyes:

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

Not sure if this is the right topic for the following reply but it will probably  be ok.  This was written and posted by a friend in another forum and I think it is worhth a read

Domestic abuse

Oh husband of mine, what have you done
A marriage made in heaven you have undone
Using our home to create from the world a screen
Broken a relationship that paradise should have been
I remember how as from mere words the abuse magnified
The deep foundations of our beautiful home began to subside
The pitter patter from my tears you must have heard
As time and time again leaving you I deferred 
The many scars on my body may have healed
And your depravity from the world may I have concealed
But to savagery you returned with your pride and manly ego
Consuming my soul like blood sucked by a mosquito
Sacrificed for you I would have my own life
Had you truly understood the value of a loving wife:

Ghufar Razaq 2017

Blimey Compo, that's a bit deep and to the point !

Domestic abuse or wife beating as it was called in the past decades was grandma Kate's department. As I've said before, she knew how to deal with wife beaters. I must look out her bread knife and give it a polish! Anyone want to start an argument?!:crazy:

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Jill Sparrow said:

Domestic abuse or wife beating as it was called in the past decades was grandma Kate's department. As I've said before, she knew how to deal with wife beaters. I must look out her bread knife and give it a polish! Anyone want to start an argument?!:crazy:

ahh Memories..........hard to believe i know.......but second wife took a knife to me........also put broken glass in me food........oh yea also tried to suffocate me,........oh yea split my head open with a 'scholl'.............all good fun,still love her.......shes beat up 3 more since me,.......honest,...one asked me to take her back...........lol

I know she loved me really she only slashed me with the knife........not stabbed...........lol  again,

• Like 1
On 07/10/2017 at 3:08 PM, Chulla said:

Peruvian gold. Just watch that your finger doesn't turn green.

Oh No Chulla, does this mean that my Peruvian bracelet, ring and necklace given to me by my Peruvian sister in law in 1968 will eventually turn me GREEN!

1 hour ago, benjamin1945 said:

know she loved me really she only slashed me with the knife........not stabbed..

Was she related to my paternal grandmother, Kate? Did she throw teapots, pans and salt pots? I'm sure we're related you know!

Think we might be Jill.............her Parents were both Geordies..........any Geordie in your Grandma Kate ?