Berserk Aldi checkout operators..

I get stressed & flustered trying to keep up with the checkout operators at Aldi. The girl who served me earlier was like lightning, I just couldn't keep up with her & I was scared of holding everyone up, I could imagine them all tutting away saying how useless I am. I get stressed at self  service checkouts but I think Aldi is worse. I break out in a sweat when SWMBO sends me out shopping on my own...

• Like 1

Don't worry about it mate,lifes too short, it's not you that is too slow it's the girl on the till showing off , bet she makes a few mistakes though

Rog

I often just put everything straight back in my trolley after it has gone through the checkout, then bag it up afterwards either in the store or at the car.  That way, you're not holding anyone up

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Why can't others wait,I have to, theres too much rushing about these days,You gotta slow down youth

Rog

Simple solution is colly........ Try Lidls !

I was told that you've got to be a cut above the rest to work at Aldi. Quick, retentive memory and generally superior to other checkout staff. They are certainly faster than most but that suits me cos I don't like to hang about!

I go to a smaller supermarket that sells a lot organic stuff.  Lots of cheeses from England etc.. Called Trader Joe's.  I love it there.  One of the older lady checkout operators is a dog lover.  As soon as she saw my dog food and dog biscuits she jumped right in about her dogs.  We don't hold anybody up, just friendly banter.  Gets them more business.  I'd recommend them to anybody.  :)

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Jill Sparrow said:

I was told that you've got to be a cut above the rest to work at Aldi. Quick, retentive memory and generally superior to other checkout staff. They are certainly faster than most but that suits me cos I don't like to hang about!

Same was said about Marsdens Jill back in the day..............but back then a chat was compulsary.....you had to hang about, ...........i'm sure you would hang about for a chat with Granville              lol.

• Like 2

I used to have a cousin who ran an off licence cum grocers and the only difference between him and Arkwright was that he didn't stutter. He could have sold fridges to the Eskimos and didn't believe in letting a customer get out of the shop before his pocket had been lightened. One of life's characters, sadly a dying breed.

• Like 1

A few years ago a cashier at Aldi weighed my mums loose products , then when we came to pay I realised that what she had been charged was far too much. Went back to reweigh them and the amount was the same. After a while of arguing that the price was far too much for the amounts, the cashier was getting a bit stroppy until she "realised" that the back of the scales was lodged against some thing and it made quite a difference to the weight of the goods. Then all hell let loose of customers returning to reweigh. So be careful.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Went in Heron at South Normanton earlier & a very relaxed experience at the checkout was had. Not so relaxed when SWMBO clocked the pork dripping & liquorice allsorts  that I'd sneaked  in the basket. She's a hypocrite as she's scoffing dripping on toast as I type this, & all that shouting & fuss - girls eh...

• Like 3