Beast from the East

2 hours ago, carni said:

We have been visiting relations at  Gt Yarmouth  today and just parked up at our guest house on Trafalgar Road, just off the main drag. Very nice little Guest house and reasonable price. Free WIFI and parking pass, for outside the front door. comfortable quiet room and delicious 'Full English' all for £44 double room. Anyway, back to the weather. The wind is strong and gusty, as was the journey here today. It is bitterly cold and just a few minutes out in the wind and 'it's enough to freeze your frock off'...as mi mam would say! Definitely the coldest I have felt this winter,  short bursts of snow but not settled...yet. Hope not, travelling home again tomorrow.

I have just checked the Falcon site and you seem to have worse weather than us (at the moment). The poor Falcon is laying on a blanket of snow, wonder if there is an egg under there?:) 

Here you go carni, Wetherspoons only 5 mins walk away !     

https://www.jdwetherspoon.com/pubs/all-pubs/england/norfolk/the-troll-cart-great-yarmouth

We'll be in Yarmouth in a couple of months time.

• Like 1
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When will this infernal storm end! Last night we shot the last of the huskies. Quite palatable, but the damned fur clogs up one’s teeth! Our greatest concern is the rapidly dwindling stock of tea bags

Rog

Just returned from a week in Weymouth & some beautiful weather. All I heard Mrs C say "Will my Plants be OK "? How the hell do I know. I'm no gardener ! Smashing week Anyway, why bother with

You're right, Phil. It doesn't look like the gritters have been out at all. Perhaps they used their stocks up last time?

The roads here in Arnold are lethal, with cars struggling on flat roads, never mind on the hills.

Could be worse, though. My brother in law and his wife are currently in their caravan just outside Skeggie. Must be bloody freezing for them!

Thanks catfan. Will bear  that one in mind for next time we visit, which will be quite soon. It is so bitterly cold that we decided to pop across the road about 70yds to the chippy cafe called 'The Lion and Herring' instead of driving to a Restaurant. Much to cold to venture to far tonight. All nice and snug in our room now. Purr Purr.:)

• Like 1

Sat in the Sally Army cafe in Bulwell this afternoon & it looked like a Siberian winter outside, when the blizzard abated slightly it just afforded us time to cross the road to Spoon's !

• Like 1

Be glad to see the back of winter, clocks go forward next weekend, roll on summer & a day at Skeg to sample this lot !

Eptons.

P1020568_zpssvhnwhil.jpg

4 ice creams for a quid at Iceland.

P1020573_zpsfhtx59b0.jpg

Last but not least ,a few of these to  to wash it all down !

P1050175_zpsrly8foip.jpg

• Like 3

Covered in snow this morning but could'nt get up there to get a picture

Rog

Looks like you (or rather Mrs C ) took that picture from the top of the castle Mick

• Like 1

Talking with my 17 year old niece yesterday & she told me she will have no school today (6th Form) because a lot of teachers are afraid to drive in the snow, what's wrong with the bleddy buses then ?

No doubt because they have closed the school, they will get paid ? In all my years bus driving we were only ever once we were told to stop running due to bad weather, usually if a driver decided not to work there would be no pay.

School teachers, more like "Snowflakes" !

• Like 2

Hope everything clears up in Devon  tomorrow. Motoring down to Plymouth for the ferry to France and don't want to use the thirsty X Trail. It will be a sad trip. Sold the place so packing, tipping, giving stuff away and bringing a trailer full home. It will take at least two more 'sad' trips. before vacating the place for good. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Just returned from a week in Weymouth & some beautiful weather. All I heard Mrs C say "Will my Plants be OK "? How the hell do I know. I'm no gardener !

Smashing week Anyway, why bother with Spain when it is hotter here ? !  wereno1

P1080351.jpg

P1080346.jpg

• Like 6

Excellent pics again and agree with you. On the few days the weather is like this I have no desire for forrin parts.

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...

Because the day a few months ago that you and your mates decided you’d had enough of Nottstalgia ALL your photos strangely disappeared.  How come no-one elses Post Image contributions have been taken off the site?  

• Upvote 1