Strange to say the piece that epitomises an English summer for me was written by a German. To park up in the peak district on a summers day, admiring the view and  listening to the Pastoral - bliss. Until dearly beloved chimes up 'can we have some ABBA'...

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Part of the pleasure in spending your later years near where you grew up....is bumping into friends from 60 years and more ago.......\i constantly do this in Bulwell.....old school pals from the 50s a

Ben, another group called The Spinners with some fantastic shots of the UK. The song was all about the "Right to Roam". Written by Ewan MacColl I've walked and climbed in most of the places in th

I listen to "Always" and I'm thinking of fabulous Mrs WW, from happy courting days to the sweetest honeymoon, through all the years, all the sunsets, all the sunrises, all the hard times, near disaste

No music at my cremation just laughter. The wife has been saving logs for years , the place of it is behind a shed at the bottom of the garden, someone does not want to waste any money on me.

17 hours ago, Brew said:

To park up in the peak district on a summers day, admiring the view and  listening to the Pastoral - bliss.

Or Morning Mood from Peer Gynt, by Edvard Greig or the Hebrides Overture, perhaps Fingals Cave, or something from the Planets Suite by Gustav Holst, at least he was English.

I've just asked Alexa to play Boom Radio and she has obliged.  It seems a bit bland at the moment but I'll give it a bit longer ....  

What a ''Twanger'' was old Duane........we'd accompany him with 'Tennis Rackets''.....Mam and Dad out....a few girls and the odd mate round...plenty of music and dance...''Stiletto'' heels and Lino don't go well together......Mam not happy...........lol

• Upvote 1

Gets even better with age..........

The words are so true..i think for most of us.......

''Baby i still love you'''

• Like 1
5 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

Grew up watching and listening to Mam and her sisters to this kind of music

I'm with you there benj. Our front room was often turned into a dance floor. The same as you, Mam and her sisters, sometimes SueB48 and my sister, all jiving, trying to Jitterbug with Mam was a laugh. I miss those days so much.

I forgot to say I love that film, I laugh so much at their antics. Naughty Girls, and that there Bob was having a whale of a time.

• Like 1

Its mine and Donna's favourite film. Carnie..........we had only just got together and her being a southerner thought the film was Nottingham folk..............

We still use some of the sayings to each other from the film....like

''I thought i was great''

'' Up the IRA''

''f,,,,,, Fat Mavis''

''Mind me bleddy Ornaments''

and a few others.......lol

More Ricky.......and that year 1959 again......Danced with Joyce at  'Padstow youth club''.....1 was 14 she was 17......thought i'd won the pools......

''We got started a little bit late''

• Like 1

Remember buying this record for 6/6 from Hindleys Clumber street........lovely little rhythm......took it to Anita's 16th birthday party on Gainsford crescent..never saw it again....

• Like 3

Brilliant song.........

'I smoke old 'Stogies' i have found''

''Old worn out suit and shoes''

''Third box-car'' midnight train''