Things that pee you off...

Driving on a B class road in the Highlands yesterday there was a cyclist going downhill, almost in the centre of the road. He wouldn't budge and so SWMBO was forced to pull right over to the very edge of the road, two wheels in the dirt, in order to get past. I'm a regular cyclist but hate this kind of behaviour from bike users - it gives us all a bad name and when one gets hit, the car driver gets the blame.

• Upvote 3
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As the actions of various groups around the country proved when fireworks and petrol bombs were used as weapons. If that is not a good enough reason to say enough is enough and ban private sales of fi

I rather think the the hang 'em and flog 'em syndrome is alive and well and not a million miles away - and the press are having convulsions... Why does an act of mindless vandalism attract such v

Not to beat around the bush or add insult to injury, but there are several whimsical idioms that do not cut the mustard sense-wise. However, we shouldn’t cry over spilt milk, a little elbow grease wil

Posted Images

On the bus going over a narrow hump backed bridge struggling to follow a cyclist going zig zag really slowly. The driver called out, 'There`s a cycle track on the left, mate.' but the cyclist snapped back. 'They`re not compulsory you know.'

Is it a bit infra dig for cyclists to use designated cycle tracks?

In the days I used to cycle I`d get off and walk up steep hills -- and I was such a timid cyclist I`d get off and walk down steep hills as well.

Get to grips Eileen, falling into a planter, and blaming the car driver, posting an empty box. Is it another senior moment?

• Upvote 1

Taxis that pull up outside neighbours houses then proceed to hoot their horns. DG and Central....... Tossers

Same here & I live in a terraced house & the front door opens on to the pavement. noblue

Small dressing cubicles, loud shop music,assistants that question £50 notes,JayZ,can dumping energy drinkers,today's underpants,3for2,traffic,people,today..…........

Agree mostly.............but whats up with your 'underpants'.............?

Fair enough Ian,.............i like mine tight same with me T-shirts.............hate boxers,and them thong things.......think the Ladies be ok,not too graphic was it......

Never done that Ian,even when the washing ai'nt bin-done..............i did summat else but would never tell you lot...................lol.

• Upvote 1

OK carnie,SueB and mr.Dawson,.........anyway i reckon you all CHEEKY'..............and as me Mam would say...........good job you did'nt have an accident.......lol.

• Upvote 3

Them awkward bergers that park their cars or commercial vehicles directly opposite my bleedy driveway in the narrow roadway. I think I shall have to start doing the same for them. Bar Stewards!

Long story short- years ago they scrapped rates and put a huge hike on road tax,then the government announced that Irish Water was to be formed,huge protests as people are paying already!

Plus millions was spent on feasibility study,council house dwellers don't pay water charges,it is put on rents,millions have not paid,millions have!!

Do I get my money back- or will they pursue non payers?

Water bills have now been suspended for 9 months -

We still have no government at the moment because historically fine Gael and fine fail don't mix!!

We had an election 2 months ago!!

Think you got Govt problems?

I get pee'd off with seeing things in supermarkets with ridiculous sounding names.

Pulled Pork for instance. It sounds rude to me. A bit like self abuse.

Spatchcock Chicken, what's this FFS. I saw one on the shelf, and the poor little bu66er was splayed out looking very uninviting indeed.

• Upvote 3

HUH. I went to W-ton this morning to spend my birthday money given to me by my son yesterday. I thought I would check out the bargains in BHS. 30% off lots of items. I bought myself some nice Sparkly Espadrilles. £18 with 30% off £12.60. When i got home and tried them on, the piece of leather that the strap slots through was missing from the left one.

Back to town, Chris rode round while I popped back in BHS. The lady was very helpful and fetched me another pair from the stockroom. On arrival back at home, I tried them on again and realised the sparkly material was starting to come out in places.

Knowing that they had no more at the W-ton store, we drove to Telford, 40mile round trip, all motorway so not to bad. They had plenty, so very quickly did a swop and got back to the car, for the 50p rate.

So. Two journeys to town + one to Telford. £1.50 in parking

approx Petrol cost £5.50 Total £7.00 My bargain £12.60 Espadrilles cost me £19.60. DOH. :biggrin:

• Upvote 1
  • Cliff Ton changed the title to Things that pee you off...