Ukraine invasion...

Have to admire them.

Mykolaiv governor Vitaliy Kim: “We’re getting prepared for yet another Russian assault. In particular, we have booked 50 buses to transport new POWs.”

He was serious, by the way.

• Like 1
  • Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just had a brilliant text.........my son Has left the Ukraine and is driving thru Poland...........I thank the good Lord...he had been in Ukraine since day one of the ''Invasion''              He

My Son......saying a 'Heart-breaking goodbye'' to two of his friends..somewhere in the Ukraine.........

Had Dinner with my son....who filled me in on a few of his activities in the Ukraine.....(.i'm sure not all though.).......so relieved to see him........      

What ive just heard is unbelievable. Lavrov is in a video answering questions. 

Russia did not invade Ukraine. Russia is for solving the problems.

Beggars belief.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Jill Sparrow said:

Never trust anyone whose eyes are too close together!

And who has a round face and has a high opinion of himself.

DJ360 

I call him Boris because just the name conjures ( minds gone blank for spelling) up a cartoon character especially with wild yellow hedge clipper hair.

Also the .Russians have just said that the maternity/childrens hospital that was attacked had no women and children in it, it was full of vigilantes!

Unbelievable

Mrs B

This should be happening in Kiev now..........everyone friendly and happy.........why not?.....''.we pass this way but once''

• Like 1

My father used to say that if only two men remained on earth, in separate hemispheres, they would not be content until they had located and bashed each other over the head. Note, he said men not women.  Cynical, but I fear he was right. We will never have peace on this planet. We're incapable of it.

12 minutes ago, Jill Sparrow said:

My father used to say that if only two men remained on earth, in separate hemispheres, they would not be content until they had located and bashed each other over the head. Note, he said men not women.  Cynical, but I fear he was right. We will never have peace on this planet. We're incapable of it.

So interesting !  In what ways are men different to women?

First Ukraine refugees arriving today. Some friends have offered their house for them.

• Like 2

Refugees arriving tonight or tomorrow instead. There were supposed to be 3 but instead there are 5. Mother, grandmother a man and 2 children , one an orphan. They arent sure whether its the father of the child orphan of mother or husband. Hope they have the rest of their journey in peace. Theyve been travelling now for 3 days.

How good that these refugees are finding safety in your area nonna?  Do they have relatives in Italy?

No they haven’t Margie but there are a few ukraines here. 
we’ve just phoned our friend and apparently things have changed. Firstly one of them has covid although fully vaccinated so they are keeping the group in Genoa for 5 days. Secondly there are 8 of them but the other 3 are going to the friends brother in Turin. We have just been making a list of basics to give to them before they arrive. We already had a large box along with blankets and clothes but the lorry that we thought they’d be going in had to pull out and stop the collection as there was no more room in the place where they were storing everything.

I feel at the moment quite excited that we are able to help and hope to meet them when they arrive. One man has stayed to fight and don’t know if he had one of the children but the lady is quite young. Hope her husband stays safe. 

• Like 3

You mentioned that one of them has Covid - it’s certainly still around although now less newsworthy than the war.  Paul has just taken a cooked meal round to a friend of mine who is isolating and I know several families who still have the virus.  
We, too, have some refugees moving into the next village to us and support for them has been tremendous.   Facebook may be a bit of a pain sometimes but the village community groups are very useful for keeping people informed of specific needs in the area.  

• Like 4

Pleased to hear it Margie. Thought Johnson was being ignorant of the fact that these people need help.well done your village.

Nonna, I  doubt Johnson had anything to do with it except to put obstacles in their way..he really is a nasty piece of work, but well done to Margie and her village.

Shopping this morning for refugees. Us and my daughter. The back of the car is full and it will go down to the house this evening along with some bedding and towels. We've put in a few luxuries which I'm sure they will be needed after the tragedy of recent events.

I watched a film last night that I really shouldnt have but it made this war a reality. Based on a true story about the RAF mistaking a target and hitting a school in Copenhagen during WW2.

• Like 1

I expect the Ukrainian refugees will really enjoy the stuff you’ve bought for them x

i feel so sad for the soldiers on both sides - especially the young conscripts.  If the same thing happened here, then my 2 sons and 4 of our grandsons would have had to learn how to use a gun to kill people.  That makes my blood run cold …

I saw one interview with a young Ukrainian conscript who was ready to defend Kyiv with the Russian army slowly advancing on the city, and he said he didn’t want to die but he was fighting for his country.   They are such a brave nation.

• Like 3

Its terrible first we fight the covid just about get that on the run and now the nonsense Ukrainian war where is it going to end? Great job nonna we will be doing the same when the refugees arrive in Canada we have a lot of Ukrainians in Saskatchewan and i work with quite a few of them.

• Like 1

Today we have over 35.000 refugees.  They've entered into Italy and  found refuge, theyve been vaccinated and most have found a temporary home. 

I am very sad and angry that UK has now such a bad name by sending these poor people away to fend for themselves. Maybe you don't see this in your news programmes but refugees were interviewed and they all said the same thing. UK doesnt want us. Even interviewed some Brits that are helping in Calais and they ALL say they were ashamed to be British. There are women with small children, theyve travelled 2/3 days on foot to reach a safe place only to be turned away. Theve been told to fill in forms in a language they probably don't know or if they do to register online. Who of these refugees had thought to carry a computer and printer with them.

I really cannot believe that UK has become like this, the friendly atmospere that used to be ...where has it gone? Men are crying because they have to leave their families to return in Ukraine to fight for their country. It would do JOHNSON a world of good to go and meet these people to see exactly how these people are trying to cope. Theyve lost homes , family and hope.

For gods sake JOHNSON wake up and help these people instead of empty promises. Theres too much paper work involved instead of action to find homes and help.

• Like 3

I never in a thousand years thought I'd see something like this in a modern oh so civilised Europe. When it is eventually all over (whenever that is) the Ukrainian economy will be totally ruined & will take many years to recover. & no Russian leader will ever be trusted again as Putin has told so many lie's. Also western counties will be very cautious about trading with Russia again so their economy will be chockered as well. Of course there could also be unforeseen consequences of this horrible war to come further down the line...  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

RR Certainly more than you. FYI although its non of your business.

My house has 13 rooms plus we have a renovated stable of 4 rooms. We have given all these rooms to my daughter and son and family. Everyone has their own bedroom and we live on the ground floor .  In necessity, when it was we gave up the house to help mainly our son. My daughter took over the house where my mum lived but has only one bedroom. The authorities who are trying to house these poor refugees are trying to house entire families. No way would we be permitted to accept them, as much as we would like too. We have spent over € 100 providing just food plus we have given them new bedding. So RR dont you try to belittle me. We are doing what we can without reward. What are you doing? Enough of this stupidity grow up, these comments just reflect how callous you can be.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1