Anything Political

22 hours ago, Brew said:

It's the same here, nothing onerous about it really. You registered to log on to Nottstalgia, I can't see the difference

I know that,  I just find the intrusive pop-up intensely annoying plus it is a site with very little useful news content. I treat these things like adverts that come on both TV and radio sometimes twice in the same ad-break. I won't buy or use these products.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HSR: Col is given a 'free rein to spout his opinions' for exactly the reasons you are, only he does so with more civility.   Recently there have been a couple of attacks on the validity of t

True enough but none quite so 'in your face' or as blatant. To paraphrase Mone "I didn't lie to hide the the fact we're making £60 million and hiding it in a trust, it was to to protect my family

Why do you feel the need to influence others? What is your motivation for so doing? Is it because you think you know better than they? Is it because it feeds your ego if and when you succeed?  Is it b

Sunak  and Javid have had enough of the lying, philanderers, cheats and predators in government, so they say, though quietly glossing over their own indiscretions...  is Johnson about to fall?

They are about to make a joint statement, are we seeing a coup? Will it be a Blair/Brown type of arrangement? and who gets the big chair>

I would imagine Gove will be hovering..also Hunt. Lord Snooty is too bone ldle.

But..knowing this lot .  Dorries, Patel or even the terminally thick Gavin Williamson could be in the frame

Would that the Kremlin bandit could be got rid of so easily. When it comes to mendacity, theft, double standards and just about every other vice, he makes our lot look as though they've been washed in Persil!

15 minutes ago, DJ360 said:

I would imagine Gove will be hovering..also Hunt. Lord Snooty is too bone ldle.

But..knowing this lot .  Dorries, Patel or even the terminally thick Gavin Williamson could be in the frame

But will we be any better off? Every one of your nominations has a shady past.

Hunt, 'forgot' a multimillion pound property deal

Gove, a PPE and sex scandal

Dories, money and breaching data law

Rees Mogg, 'forgot' a £6 million pound loan

Patel, bullying and breaking immigration law

Williamson, so stupid it's amazing he can even dress himself.

We're doomed I tell you, we're doomed.

6 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

I'm just waiting to see what our sychophantic local MP's Mark Spencer and Robert Jenrick do. I'm a lifetime Tory but things are getting ridiculous now.

Good grief, Spencer, sexual assault. Jenrick, dodgy dealings with a billion pound development scheme.

With a track records like that I'm sure they will do as they're told.

It seems not only do you need a public school/ oxbridge education, a short stretch in the nick is also required to qualify as an MP.

• Like 1

From Telegraph:

Sunak 3:1

Javid 10:1

Hunt 8:1

Truss 8:1

Zahawi 10:1

Wallace 8:1

Mordaunt 9:2

Tugendhat 8:1

Patel 40:1

Raab 28:1

Mordaunt and Tugendhat seem to to be the only ones not tainted, coincidentally both served in the military.

You have to remember that a lot of the more honourable and traditional Tories were purged from the party over Brexit. The likes of Dominic Grieve, David Gauke, Justine Greening, Rory Stewart, Nicholas Soames, Phillip Hammond, and even Ken Clarke. All deselected as they didn’t fit in with the “project”.

• Like 1

Brandon Lewis?

Graaaaaant 'Two Names' Schapp?

1 hour ago, Rob.L said:

You have to remember that a lot of the more honourable and traditional Tories were purged from the party over Brexit. The likes of Dominic Grieve, David Gauke, Justine Greening, Rory Stewart, Nicholas Soames, Phillip Hammond, and even Ken Clarke. All deselected as they didn’t fit in with the “project”.

Of the seven listed 5 are 'iffy' and no great loss. Perusing MPs is like staring in the face of spivs and ne'er-do wells.

It is seriously depressing.

13 hours ago, DJ360 said:

Graaaaaant 'Two Names' Schapp?

He actually has used four different names. The others being Michael Green, Corinne Stockheath, and Sebastian Fox.

• Like 1
On 7/4/2022 at 1:29 PM, philmayfield said:

I complain about the licence because it was given with one hand and taken away with the other.

We can’t get away from ignoring paying for tv license. An amount is added to our electricity bill. They got wise as practically no one paid to watch their tv.

Now the backstabbing, lies and false promises begin. There are grubby little deals  being done behind closed doors as we speak, and the one who wins will not be best for the job, just the most Machiavellian.

The present cabinet will go, and the replacements chosen from those who followed the Sunak/Javid led coup.

The critics will have a field day recounting, and claiming they were right all along, Johnsons mistakes and foibles. Each seeking their moment in the spolight as they consigned him to the hallowed ranks of Berllusconi and Trump for being amongst the biggest liars,  and most ridiculed leaders in the world.

Before we feel too much sympathy, we can rest easy in our beds knowing Bozo will soon find a way to continue making waves - and millions..

No he's not dead Jill, just doesn't about that much.

I was a mazed a few days ago that the BBC asked Starmer for his opinion and then allowed him to go into full general election mode..." when I'm prime minister"... so much for being Tory biased.

It's possible the winner will have the deepest pockets - I wonder how much Hunt's Saudi backers will cough up this time? and how much mud is there still to be thrown?

According to the news/press the big issue that candidates are targeting is tax cuts or otherwise.

Someone has to be wrong on the principles of how taxation, corporate or personal, achieve their clams?

For me the security of the UK is a more important issue.  

Amazing that after 12 years of running the economy, they suddenly all claim to have a great idea to fix all the problems that someone else has caused in the last 12 years.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Rob.L said:

Amazing that after 12 years of running the economy, they suddenly all claim to have a great idea to fix all the problems that someone else has caused in the last 12 years.

You could say the same for Labour-controlled Nottingham City Council who are upset about the Government bringing in Commissioners to sort out the mess that Labour have created here.  I feel quite sorry for the Leader of the Council, David Mellen, since he’s been in that position he’s no doubt tried hard to sort out the financial mess that Jon Collins left us in.  The electorate are totally to blame, voting in Labour year after year for at least the past 25 years.  Labour have had no opposition and they’ve done just what they wanted to ….. spending our taxes on crazy schemes.  No need to list them here, we all know where the money has been lost. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1
  • Cliff Ton changed the title to Anything Political