Things you don't see anymore

50 minutes ago, IAN123. said:

Brown and Polsons     made it in the 60s  1/9 a pack of 5,.........at Marsdens...........drum of Birds Custard 1/6 Madam ?  Rowntrees Jelly 11p or Chivers at 9p to go with it ?

Deliver? certainly Madam.......lol.

Birds Dream Topping? Hundreds and thousands? Promise Blackcurrant cheesecake mix. Now that was yummy! Personally, I thought Instant Whip was disgusting. It had an unpleasant aftertaste, like Nesquik! Yuk!

• Like 1
  • Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks only request information, which is fair enough by me. Maybe they don't want discussion, chat, banter etc. Different people want different things from a forum, and that's fine.  If

Things you don’t see anymore (times 2) A 1945 photo of my aunt, wearing a turban and scrubbing her front door step on Queens Grove, Meadows. She dug her heels in and refused to move when the

Posted Images

1 hour ago, plantfit said:

where have all those years gone?

They have been privatised and taken abroad - along with our industry.

thumbsdown

• Like 1

Whatever happened to Kemp's Devonet biscuits, I wonder?  They used to be my favourite but haven't seen them in twenty or more years.

39969530384_bf718d1eb2_b.jpg

• Like 1

Too true, Ian.  Yes I do recall the old Mars bar....the centre was firm and more chewy than the "milky Way" type centre they have today.

• Like 1

Look at all those guns...The PC brigade would have a Dicky-fit if they saw that today. :) 

39784598165_56e2dd2836_b.jpg

• Like 5
11 hours ago, Compo said:

Dicky-fit 

Dicky-fit,         blimey years since i heard that Compo,      Mam always said it............

• Like 4

Well.....it IS Nottstalgia after all, Ben! We have to try and remember all those phrases and sayings of yesteryear for posterity's sake.

thumbsup

I'm told I have those constantly, but I reply that I'm just standing up for myself ! I'm afraid that it just worsens the situation though.girlvboy

• Like 2

Blimey, I won't confuse her with a new word. I'm already accused of language that confounds folk.

• Like 2

Stockings, suspender belts, corsets, girdles. Remember Playtex Girdles? Great big wrap around rubber sheets or body size rubber tubes? Or those dreadful pink reinforced satin jobbies fitted with whalebones/flattened springs?

Not that us men/children were supposed to see them, of course.

How could women bear to wear such torture garments? There was the occasional man that wore a corset as well but they were for supposed "medical" reasons.

7 hours ago, jonab said:

Remember Playtex Girdles?

My ex wife used to wear "Roll-ons" in teh late 1960s.  Lord knows why - she had an hour glass figure without it!  Just fashion of the late 60s I suppose.

7 hours ago, IAN123. said:

images_6.jpg

Lilac Leopard and the 'Butterfly' system!  Another pair of miserable failures.  Bus lanes too narrow to permit buses to pass on the inside of lorries so traffic jams ensued.

• Like 1

The 'Bendy Bus' used on the Arnold route was another dismal failure.

Yes, it doesn't take much intelligence to measure it's turning capacity before putting them into service on a tight route.

What a farce. 

10 hours ago, Compo said:

Lilac Leopard and the 'Butterfly' system!  Another pair of miserable failures.  Bus lanes too narrow to permit buses to pass on the inside of lorries so traffic jams ensued.

Thank god they came up with the tram's!!  smile2

• Like 1