Things you don't see anymore

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks only request information, which is fair enough by me. Maybe they don't want discussion, chat, banter etc. Different people want different things from a forum, and that's fine.  If

Things you don’t see anymore (times 2) A 1945 photo of my aunt, wearing a turban and scrubbing her front door step on Queens Grove, Meadows. She dug her heels in and refused to move when the

Posted Images

The fishing tackle shop on Hyson Green [Late 60s/early 70s] used to have a milk vending machine outside the shop for anglers who couldn't get to the shop during opening hours. Instead of milk in he cartons it had Maggots in them. If I remember correctly, it cost two bob for a pint carton.

I have had low power bulbs in since we bought this house in 2001 , and I haven't had to replace any .......(Yet)

Admit it - you're blind aren't you <g>

I remember the good old days [and not that long ago] of frozen washing. It had a smell all of its own as you carried it back indoors to thaw out.

Living in the far north of Scotland we still get batches of frozen washing on a regular basis in winter.

Living in the far north of Scotland we still get batches of frozen washing on a regular basis in winter.

Just reminded me of a nice image I saw today on the 'Lost Edinburgh' Facebook page. Picture dated 1940. Note the nappies on the line behind amidst the snow!

397972_270630896327934_162922127098812_813096_1123234016_n.jpg

Caps!! As on heads of schoolboys.......................Caps!! As in rolls that fitted in breech of toy guns................................Toy Guns!! that fire caps, as in on schoolboys heads etc....................... !hand!

It's the same game as the model teacher but with a robot and different answers. I had the Robot as a kid but I now have the teacher version.

They're what rockers (Greasers) used to oil their hair with aren't they? [Ducking]

Receipt for my adjustable square - purchased on my 14th birthday. Much used over the years, but still in great shape - and its original box. I kept the receipt just-in-case!

post-477-0-46082700-1326294298_thumb.jpg