OK all, What do you do to keep fit? I know I will probably regret asking this question but somewhere among the crazy Notts replies could be some useful tips that some could benefit from, even if it's just having a good laugh at some of the replies

Rog

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

At school I was top in physical education and belonged to the school vaulting club, even in that I was top, but I was hopeless at games and didn't understand netball or hockey. Once I left school I ne

Maybe another way to look at it is that genes will kill you but exercise might fend them off for a bit?   We are all going to die. I think I have already posted about my wife's five sibling

Ben, I bet me and a few other girls on here, would gladly donate a few pounds to your cause. 

Same here Frank, camping in Snowdonia and a lot of walking and climbing this summer, Mam Tor, High peak, Dove Dale and Thorpe cloud, plenty of cycling too, on road, off road and just bought me self a recumbent trike, great fun

Rog.

Are you having a pop at me ??????......LOL

I seriously am not as active as could be for various reasons, but have just joined an 'Aquafit' class at the local baths!!

I jump to conclusions, and push my luck... I often find thats still too much :)

But really, I dont get much time for exercise, I'm still running around playing taxi to my 4 kids... but I did find time to go out on a nice walk along the trentside today

I walk in the mornings, 2.5 miles. Best and cheapest form of exercise I was told. I did a half marathon for the past 2 January's down in the Phoenix/Scottsdale/Tempe area, nice and flat and warm weather, but I think I'm done with them now, I was jiggered the last time. They were Rock 'n Roll marathons so at least there were bands playing every mile to pass the time away.

Drinking, smoking, staring at the computer, lying on the settee watching rubbish TV, driving everywhere, lots of fatty fry ups, but at least helping Beefsteak to raise his blood pressure levels.

I put a really big blob of blue tac on the lid of my laptop and stuck a 1lb weight on it from the kitchen scales. I might add the half pound weight soon. Its really hard to open it now. Makes me sweat.

Just got back from my nightly 12 mile cycle ride, not lost an ounce of weight but breathing and heartrate recovery time is coming down so at least I'm getting a bit fitter

Rog

I went beating as a favour for a friend on monday. All day and all they got were 9 pheasants and 1 woodpigeon. i was supposed to be picking up for the guns but a lack of beaters and shortage of dogs put paid to that. I don't know who was happier to be back home, me or my black lab' i've never seen him look so shattered and he's a big dog not your normal skinny ones but a Drakes head lab'. Needless to say i have been asked if i'll go on the next shoot with them and like the pillock that i am i've said yes.

I've just had an hour at my first Aqua fit session, I came home starving and remembering that I had a few muscles in my body under all the flab!!! Going to Stoke Waterworld on Sunday !!

Loppylugs....Funnily enough he was 5 on Sunday. 3 more years of working him and then i'll give him an easy life. I've got no intention of getting rid of him but i will get another dog who will learn from him while he's still working. Now that will make the better half happy.

I've had two dogs before Solomon the Black Lab but he has been the best. More intelligent, more affectionate etc. Now I must admit I am biased. Not knocking anybody else's dog. After all we all think ours is the best, smartest etc.

Just had a week down in Cornwall walking the coastal paths they keep you fit.

Beefsteak if you are moving to Par there is nice walk from there to Polkerris along the cliff top to a nice pub( Rashleigh Arms) selling real ale and good food.

Val

• 2 weeks later...

7Wheels1.jpg

As you might know I've been riding my recumbent trike every night (10/12 miles a night)in order to try to get fit and maybe lose a bit of weight, well I thought I would give the recumbent a break tonight and go for a blast on me road bike, OMG!!! I came back home covered in sweat, gasping for breath and a sore butt, only did about 8 miles and I was knackered, any way I weighed myself tonight (first time this week) and guess what? not lost a bloody ounce, still, having a lot of fun on me bikes though

Rog

Very true Ashley, might lay the recumbent seat back another notch and adjust the headrest for that more layed back position

Rog