• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Old Nottingham City Transport Single Decker

Old Market Square , Nottingham c1960s

Looks like the word & song players have woke up bored to death, here have something Nottingham.  Have a good day, try & get yourselves outside today, it's later than you think    

#736. Rog.

Been there a couple of years ago Rog, the museum although quite small is worth a trip,best to try & combine something else as well. A couple of hours at best will do it.

However a nice clean museum ran by true enthusiasts.

• Like 1

They used to provide the free (donation) buses at the Waddington air shows and when they have an open day they have bus rides aroung Lincoln and surrounding areas,all the old stuff you know,Guy,Leyland,Bedford etc,they also have a Barton bus of some vintage driving around Skellingthorpe,Doddington,Hykeham

Rog

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Whatever happened to the articulated bendy busses they used on the Arnold route several years ago. I take it they weren't a resounding success.

It is Ian ! Not sure why the Bendy Buses went, perhaps too expensive ?

I remember when they where delivered & someone "lost" one down an inspection pit & Parliament Street Depot !

• Like 1

Can anyone help with this query that was posted on a Nottingham Railways Facebook Group?

"Not quite on message, but I need a little help. I am a priest in Northampton.
I am to take a funeral for a former ticket collector on Nottingham buses. The family tell me that there was a local name for such a person but cannot remember what Mum told them. Can you help?"

I certainly hope so Den, what a pious arrogant barsteward he was

He once visited Bulwell depot early one morning to give a night-man a rollicking for catching the side of a bus on one of those steel girders that the roof was fixed to after the bus slid sideways in very slippery conditions.

After giving the rollicking he got in his car, a Ford Granada Ghia & backed it in to a steel girder ! That made a LOT of people very happy ! There IS a God !

• Like 1

I remember John Lowry well --- I was the night fitter at Trent Bridge depot and he walked in at 11.30 one night --- I started at 11.00 and he caught me in the timekeeper's office reading the paper -- I hadn't even got my overalls on --- I thought I was in trouble , but funnily enough , all he did was remind me of the time and off he went. -- I never heard any more about it !!