• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The technical coverage of the Rio games is brilliant but I just wish the stupid talking heads would stop calling them heroes. They just happen to be able to run, jump, kick, hit, throw or stand still

I thought that the Olympics was marvellous despite the green diving pool and the threats of Zika virus etc. So many moments to be proud of our athletes and yes, I agree, they are not heroes just very

A Shark alarm at Bondi Beach in Sydney� sent everyone rushing from the water �except for three young boys who didn�'t hear the siren. Onlookers were horrified to see a dorsal fin moving fast towards t

This has to be the greatest day in Olympic history for Great Britain. Just watched the fantastic and historic 10,000m victory by Mo Farah to make it SIX Gold medals for the day (three in one single session).

Wonderful stuff! Well done to our athletes!

What a fantastic job you guys are doing down south

Loving every minute even if you arn't

Very proud of all the Brits winning medals if nobody noticed you are 3rd in total.

Still a true brit at heart!! great post Dg ...................... :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Talk about having to eat humble pie!!!!!!

I wasn't really interested in the beginning, but ......WOW.... I'm loving this!!!!

Still a true brit at heart!! great post Dg ...................... :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Thanks Paulus now we just have to work on Mr negative LOL but i think he is way too far gone.

It's bein' a bear that makes 'im grumpy, they're renowned for 'sore heads', must be all that hunny................ slywink

Though I find no interest in sport, I am glad our guys are doing well.

I still have the same concerns as others over cost of some of the extravagences, under the current climate.

Didnt they bid on the Olympics about 10 yrs ago ,Were you better off back then ?

Maybe you should go back to scrubbing your step for your PRIDE. Only costs elbow grease.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion...that's the beauty of a forum or a debate. It would be a sad day if we all were in agreement. But come on guys how could you not be enthralled,. entertained and excited by what is going on at the Olympics.......this is not about privilege, birthright or benefit fraud , but a showcase of talent , determination and sacrifice to achieve an Olympic dream. ....congratulations to you all for taking part.....

• Upvote 1

How do they manage to plan these events when there is very little other news?

Perhaps thats why they get these high salaries? Lord Coe, and that 'wappy mare of london' (Boris) etc.

I see the fat cats who were given free seats did not bother to attend.

Apart from that, glad to see we are doing well.

As long ago as the sixties we were told that by the turn of the century people would have far more leisure time because of automation much of which has come to pass, what they didn't say is that it would be in the form of unemployment and that the profits from new methods would not be shared across the board, don't blame sport for the present state of affairs its one of the few ways out of the rat race for young people all over the world. how about blaming this http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-18944097

Well done to all taking part in these fabulous games!!

We watched Andy Murray win the gold in tennis yesterday - MAGIC! Funny bit was, at the end of the third set Mary said "all he needs is two aces and he has won" - and what does he do but serve two aces! Brilliant!

I heard the Mayor of London on the radio a couple of weeks ago and he was asked about the people who were whinging and moaning about the games. His reply - "Well some people here are only happy when they are whinging and moaning, but at least we can say we have given everybody a reason to be happy!"

Couldn't have said it better myself.

• Upvote 1