What do you think about in the early hours?

I've had few restless, sleepless nights these last few weeks.

I got to thinking about all sorts of things, the past, the present, the future.

What sort of things do you think about in those waking moments, in the wee small hours?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do you seriously think I'm going to put on here what I think of in the middle of the night !!!!!! Firstly, I'd be banned, possibly prosecuted and most probably be beaten up and my legs broken and my

Danny La Rue..........

I find it difficult to get to sleep when women are banging on my bedroom door, I'll have to let them out sometime.

Do you seriously think I'm going to put on here what I think of in the middle of the night !!!!!!

Firstly, I'd be banned, possibly prosecuted and most probably be beaten up and my legs broken and my teeth knocked out.

That'd take some explaining to madam. Good job too that I don't talk in my sleep. LOL

• Upvote 8

I try not to think - too depressing. I can recommend learning a poem, the longer the better, and reciting it to yourself. I do this to get back to sleep and I'm sure of the first half of the piece but usually asleep by the second. I must re-read it.

• Upvote 2

When I was in the world of work I habitually awoke about 2.00 am, dwelling on all the problems ( or ' opportunities ' as we were encouraged to call them ) and priorities I would be dealing with later that day.

Nowadays upon retirement, I still get some restless nights, but thankfully far fewer. Of course, lifes problems always seem a hundred times worse in the small hours.

• Upvote 6

I sometimes go all through the night with no sleep, finally nodding off for a couple of hours after i have had my morning cuppa. It can be a very long night. My last all nighter was Monday.

Same here Bilbraborn: every couple of hours.

I usually go through the Nottstalgia Archives: Go on Lost Wolverhampton Forum, Facebook, Ancestry .com. I spent an hour or so reading peoples Biography's.

At about 4am Tuesday Morning I was on the "BBC Grammer and Punctuation Site". As you can see I am a slow learner.

I try not to do much thinking, because for some reason my thoughts aren't always restful in the early hours. Nemind Aye

• Upvote 3

I WAKE every couple of hours and always spend the next few mins. trying to decipher the crazy dream ive just had,and believe me they are CRAZY.

• Upvote 2

:unsure:Some time ago a friend told me to close my eyes relax and repeat in my mind

over and over "SLEEP AND PEACE" a bit like counting sheep. It never worked

for me until I realised I was saying "WAR AND PEACE".

• Upvote 2

He doesn't know yet !!!

• Upvote 1

My youngest son (aged 35) hardly sleeps at all during the night. He's seen several sleep consultants, had loads of tests, spent the night in sleep clinics in London, on two different occasions, and nobody can cure his problem. It's not Sleep Apnea nor has he got Narcolepsy according to the experts. He even set up a video camera a couple of years ago to film himself tossing and turning during one night. He took the video to show a consultant with nothing positive being discovered to help him. He has a very busy and often physical job and has had this problem since he was a teenager. When he was 17 he was a passenger in a serious car accident and went through the rear screen, resulting in 40+ stitches in his face and a broken nose. For about two years little pieces of windcreen glass were coming to the surface on his head and face. I've wondered if this affected his brain but the doctors don't think so. I worry a lot about him but he seems to cope remarkably well on very little sleep but has power naps during the day.

• Upvote 4

God Lizzie, that's awful. I sincerely hope things improve for him in the future. It must have been terribly worrying for you over the years.

All the best.

• Upvote 2

I've just had a thought Lizzie , you don't look old enough to have a 35 year old son. !!!

• Upvote 3

Likewise Lizzie, I feel embarrassed when I'm in the company of similar aged folk. They look soooooooo old !!!!!!!

• Upvote 2