All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Sounds like you've had a moment of temporary madness Phil., don't worry it'll soon pass. Welcome Alpha, love your county. B.
  3. Alpha

Strelley (sandhills)

Sir Stanley Hooker's biography, 'Not Much of an Engineer', should be visited at is gives a vivid account of his direction in improvement piston engine improvement (super charger) and jet engine (VSTOL) development.
  4. IAN123.

Cats !

I love puddies...room for all animals.
  5. plantfit

Strelley (sandhills)

Unfortunately our Chulla is no longer with us to throw more light on this Rog
  6. I have the urge to bring happiness into the lives of others, it won't last.
  7. plantfit

Cats !

I was refering to the quote I put up Rog
  8. I’ll give you a ‘like’ as well in the spirit of goodwill!
  9. Alpha, I have given you a like, so you can see what happens, by clicking the little heart on the right side of your post. Your little bell should now have a one in a red light to notify you of my like, click the bell and it will show who sent it. To like someones post, you do the same, click the heart on their post. To reply to a post, just start typing in the reply box below their post and click submit reply at the end. Not the best explanation, but the best I can do Miduck. Good Luck.
  10. Today
  11. radfordred

The Old Market Square

Well I would say it's a bit of state the obvious Mary, it's old, it's almost square, used to have a market on it & it was slabbed? I'm I correct & have a I won owt? What would you like to call it?
  12. How should members respond in the forum as I am not quite sure yet as when the bell icon is 'clicked on' nothing happens.
  13. notty ash

Hucknall Highway.

Strictly speaking, this is before Hucknall had a market place. The photographer is looking towards Church Square with the church in the background. What is now the market place was occupied by buildings and private gardens.
  14. Alpha

Strelley (sandhills)

DJ360, I can confirm it was unmistakeably a Lockheed Constellation with a triple tail plane and swept rear fuselage configuration. It was flying low on its approach and an image which is firmly fixed in my mind. What I cannot confirm fully is that it landed to transport engineers including one (Sir) Stanley Hooker. In his biography he mentions his flight to the USA in a Constellation flown from Hucknall but it is a convincing influence to suggest that this could have been the flight in question around that time. I would have to return to his book to look into this question further of the approximate date of this flight. Do you know where the hamlet was not far down the lane, (track) as I have described?
  15. Beekay

Keep One Drop One

Doubting Oneself.
  16. Dodie

Keep One Drop One

Doubting Thomas
  17. DJ360

Cats !

Yebbut.. we don't usually do that 'for a living', and we don't usually dig up our host's flower beds, c**p on them and kill their garden birds. If we did, we'd soon be getting more than a splash from a water pistol!
  18. Commo

All Kinds of Everything.

Never used anything to shine up the coachwork at BRS did they ?!
  19. mary1947

The Old Market Square

Can any member (ian123) tell me why it's called OLD market square , i know that years ago we had a market there, also when was it named slab square, We call these fountains you should go to "Antibes" France now that's what you call a town square with fountains.
  20. The Pianoman

Buses in Nottingham

Foulds didn't have a music shop in Nottingham as late as 80's. Unless you mean 1880's). They had finished in Nottingham long before I went into pianos in 1973. They just had the one shop in Derby by then, as now.
  21. plantfit

Cats !

Sounds a lot like the human species as well,we all like freebies,other people for warmth and comfort,and for the most part go to anyone/anywhere for food Rog
  22. jopip

The Old Market Square

Can not believe your picture Ian. I haven't been to Nottingham in 12 years. Someone wants shooting!!!
  23. IAN123.

Backyard Britain.

Pretty much right...character building?..i'm not quite sure.
  24. IAN123.

Things you don't see anymore

Ey'up!..Roy North and the TSD's.. ..No sign of Basil Brush.
  25. Mansfield was spotless on my recent visit..These MDC cleaning machines have probably retired...but the good work still goes on!
  1. Load more activity