All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. Even if they had given them the four points back they would have still been in the same place in the table.
  3. Sad news from Malmo this morning, the Australian entry One Blood by Electric Fields did not make the final ten songs to go through to the final. Australia in the Eurovision Song Contest, what a bl**dy joke. Who cares anyway?
  4. Already done that Mrs.Buttercup x. Iv'e put them outside though, in a sheltered space that will get some sunlight, till they're ready to repot. Hopefully I might get one to grow. Not really too worried though, it were just something I wanted to try and see if they would germinate. Don't have a clue what variety they came from. Will keep you posted. Many thanks for the advice.xx
  5. Barrie, looks like they have been enjoying your house environment and “bolted” a bit. I only keep the covers on till the seeds have germinated. Would suggest putting each seedling carefully in a 5 inch pot with new compost and putting somewhere cooler if you can. Hope this helps.
  6. Maybe he could always do a visit P.P., with a trailer in tow. Just sayin'.
  7. I did the usual indoor bike ride and row this morning - keeps me fit but I would love to get out on the road again. Since loosing the sight in my left eye and being deaf it just feels too dangerous. Thinking of taking the bike up to Carsington to ride a circuit on the cycle path. Started to clear the old shed out today - 'found' all sorts of stuff! Don't make cider anymore so lots of plastic barrels, containers and crates to dispose of. Found all the parts for the rowing trike that I built (see avatar)...hmmm, maybe I should get that back on the road? Found lots of dead stuff to dispose o
  8. This retirement lark don't half keep you busy Barrie Rog
  9. Well I'm running Bingo tonight then running a darts knockout on friday. That's my entertainment sorted.
  10. Shed telly, now dead, my own fault, must be more careful with the next one Rog
  11. Tiny PC and WiFi? source of entertainment and internet...
  12. New cooker arrived this morning so had to connect that up, all good and working, got one of the strimmers out of a shed and fuelled it up and cut the grass just the other side of my back fence in the field so that looks a lot neater now, strimmer cleaned down and greased ready for next time, cleaned one of my bike then had a message on facebook asking about another of my bikes I'm selling, the guy seems interested so will see what tomorrow brings, still looking for another shed telly, got a couple in mind that might be worth looking at so thats another job for tomorrow, anyway tonight is chip
  13. Thought about time.......Had me bike out....not done for a few weeks ......so on went me '''Lycra''' shorts...nice new 'T' shirt...and a pair proper football socks which went nicely with my ''Shoe Dockers'' (which i paid a Tenner for about 20 year ago.in a Lay-by in Northants).......To be honest Lady next door said i looked a ''Bugger'' on returning.........(shan't give her any more 'Croggies) Enjoyed the short burst and felt better for it......... I'll never be in Rog's or PP'S league....but aint giving up yet...........
  14. Best move I ever made Jill, it's a very busy occupation being retired or as I prefer to call it "Self Employed" Rog
  15. I remember Plantfit agonising about whether to retire. Now look at him!
  16. An ex schoolfriend of mine, who used to live near me in Radford, tried to get me onto 'Radfordtonians'. But apparently she was unsuccessful. Seems you have be on Facebook to achieve this. Ah well, it's back to tormenting Phil and Rog.
  17. Probably more than know his actual words were “Sam, I thought I told you never to play-...” Followed by “You played it for her, you can play it for me!”
  18. I remember you joining Nottstalgia @benjamin1945 and being a tad stressed about your first serious health issue. You got through that one (and the next), you’ve had a tough few years but you’re still here to bring a smile to our faces. I’ve also found that there are some lovely supportive folk on here and have always been very appreciative of that.
  19. Forests appeal has been rejected, they remain on 29 points.
  20. Favourite movie, Leonard Bernstein's 1961 release of "West Side Story". I saw it whilst on holiday in Torquay in about '62. I think it's been rewritten and re released but I much prefer the 1961 Bernstein musical, (10 Oscas). The Sharks and the Jets, big film sets, lots of movement, and songs, "I Like to be in America".
  21. Sounds like Blaster Bates and the stick of dynamite in the coal shed story...
  22. All i'll say about the 'Budgie' incident is this.......so for the sake decency... Twas in Peterborough.....Budgie out of cage.......Knob to back door came off in my Hand....i finished up in Garden shed..... Looking back..very Funny...but not at the time......make of that what you will our Jill......
  23. With the unparalleled stories you've got up your sleeve, Ben, there's no one to rival you. Now...about that budgie in the shed...
  24. I remember that meeting. It was the Wetherspoons 'Company Inn' in the old warehouse near the canal. It closed over a year ago and the whole block is now being converted into luxury flats.
  25. And how many mistakenly think it was Bogart that said it...?
  26. Went to bed last night feeling a bit sorry for myself, the vision in my right eye seems to be diminishing rapidly. Stayed abed till 10:30 and ignored the phone- stupid-stupid -stupid. It was the hospital and I presume it was to arrange an appointment. The number will not accept return calls, but a recorded voice says to wait, they will call again. Now I have now't else better to do than sit and wait... Serves me right I suppose.
  1. Load more activity