Catchphrases in adverts

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The most annoying advert ever GO COMPARE

Slightly off topic but remember the white foam disc, same size as the AS tablet, in the top of the Alka Seltzer container in the early days : - and the number of people who thought it was an Alka Selt

Every time I hear it on Talksport Radio I just have to join in "Checker trade checker trade dot com"

Don't know whether this was a UK saying or not, but my BiL, whenever he had fixed anything would say "Now we're cooking with gas".

Don't know whether this was a UK saying or not, but my BiL, whenever he had fixed anything would say "Now we're cooking with gas".

My Father-in-law used to say that, presume it must come from an advert for the gas board, but I can't remember seeing it..

Yes - a friend of ours used to say that, but would sometimes vary it to "Now we're washin' wi' water..."

''That blokes a nutter, hey Nutter!''. Dime bar advert. Me and a friend were laughing our socks off last week watching it again on youtube.

''See you later undertaker.'' would make a great funeral directors tv ad

Sqeezy Washing up liquid

Easy Peezy Lemon Sqeezy

Love that one. De Da Pete.

''Green giant''.

''Look petunia, it's a sailin dinjy. he's shoutin somethin!, yoo hoo nice day'', by eck. better ring the coast gaurd Joe''.

''charlie say's meow wow wo, don't go off with strangers''.

''Butiful'' the turkey's finally got revenge.. Bernard.

''A finger of fudge''.

''what you got their pete, scholl glue, it's gluetiful''.

''Curly whirl''.

De Da Pete.

'' A single ticket to snottingham please, Tunes'ad''.

''Malcom ! can't sit you exams with a cold like that!.''

''He's got an ology'' BT ads. ''It's taup'' from same ads.

''Nice man he is, ooh he is a nice man, such a good man''. AA ads.

What did we ever do and the world do without Calgon washing machine tablets?

Now we have to fear our washing machines gonna get clogged up, did we even think abart it?.

De Da Pete.

Most adverts end with a tag-line now.

I guess the intention is to sound clever and ear-catching. Most of the time they just sound gormless.

For example:

Sky TV - Believe in Better.

Roughly translated means - Believe in paying loads of money to watch TV.

''Do the shake and vac, put the freshness back;''.

• 3 years later...
On Monday, October 08, 2012 at 7:10 PM, Paulus said:

Just to start the ball rolling:

'Go suck a Zube!'

I used to like the two kids with the odd number of Cadbury fingers, the catchphrase being" you fink of everything Bwian". Of course Brian did, he simply ate the odd one whole instead of breaking it in half. The bear on the ad for a soft drink I can't remember the name of was another favourite with the phrase " It' s frothy man".

I used to like  the advert for TV licences - paying monthly instead of all at once - where the two people meet, fall in love, make plans for having a family, then fall out and want a divorce, all in the space of one meal, but now it annoys me...  

When it comes on I always have to say to Paul "DON'T SAY IT" because he always wants to join in with the final words "in your dreams"

Woody,I seem to remember the polar bear in the advert wore sun glasses and in one particular advert he shouted at someone "Rimskicorsacov"(sp) It's frothy man

Rog

• Like 1