How'd do you unsubscribe? I can't use this site it is far to disjointed, I just want to leave please!!!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In my short time here,i have found all sorts of people,and you form a picture of what they are like from their "posts",some are funny,clever,humourous,some are not,some "topics" i find interesting som

How anyone could not get on with this site and appreciate all the lovely people who contribute to it and keep it running is beyond me.

And that's coming from a young chick among all us wrinklies

Surely there's no need for you to unsubscribe, just don't bother to log onto Nottstalgia ....... There are no email alerts or anything else you'll need to worry about. Like Darkazana commented, a little perseverance might help, there are hundreds of topics and Nottstalgia has several thousand members.

Sorry to see any member go, this is a great site, with hundreds of subjects covered, and an absolute mine of information. You'd be hard pressed to find a site with such knowledgeable members. It seems no matter what question is asked, there is someone on here with the answer. I don't understand the 'disjointed', with so many subjects listed. O.K. sometimes folks go off on a tangent, but it's mainly because something has reminded them of something else, but it usually comes baack on subject again, eventually.

• Upvote 4

ModelTMan,

Very sorry to see you want to leave the site. There is such a wide range of information for you to read on so many subjects on Nottstalgia, and there is always someone willing to research a query for you. There is so much enthusiasm to help on this site, it seems a shame you will miss out on this. I have learnt so much more about Nottingham from the helpful people on here than I ever knew before I moved away. There is also quite a bit of harmless humour at times to join in with if you feel like it. Not only will you learn about our Lovely City but also so many other interesting topics. Sorry you are thinking of going.

• Upvote 3

Hi ModelTMan,

Think of Henry Ford, without his perseverance he would have got nowhere.

Ok, not a very good parallel to draw but I am sure you know what I mean.

Some things on here do stray from the straight and narrow but it is an interesting way of finding out "things"

Most conversations in life drift off the main thread but that's what a forum is all about?

Please don't leave, but before you do decide to go it would be good and interesting if you could post some comment on what exactly you mean and maybe if it was helpful to the admin people and tell them whatever it is that you find disjointed, maybe it could be "joined up" ?

Smiffy

This site is about life and is full of life (well most of the time), humour and support when you need it. Life is disjointed, nothing ever runs in a straight line.

Give us a go, you won't be sorry.

• Upvote 1

Hi ModelTMAN

I joined this site in Nov/Dec 12 and find there is something new on it each time I sign on. I love the people who kept the

site going if you have a problem there's always help. If you want to just browse you don't need to sign in. I really enjoy

all the topic's.

Please, Please, give it a little more time I'm sure you will find it helpful and interesting.

P.S. hopefully I have spelt correctly or they tell you off.

• Upvote 1

ModelTMan, give it a go mate. There are so many topics here, you couldn't possibly have looked at the lot in only two days.

There must be something on here that interests you. I only looked at railway subjects at first, but have found of loads of interesting topics since.

As others have said - if you don't like it, don't log-on, it makes no difference as far as you are concerned if your account is deleted, or not.

As to it being disjointed - there I have to differ. It is no worse than any other forum I belong to and frankly, a lot better than most. Yes, things get off topic, and some topics are not to my liking, but we try to keep it civil, and if it gets drastically off-topic, we tend to shift stuff to a new, or more appropriate, thread.

If you desperately want your account deleted, send a PM to me, or any of the admin team and we will take care of it.

ModelTman - if you are still reading this - as others have also said, it would be interesting if you could tell us exactly what you mean by 'disjointed'. As no-one else has ever said that before, you might have noticed something which everyone else had missed.

I agree that some of the people who contribute might seem a bit disjointed :happy: but that is because they reflect all types of Nottinghamians past and present.

That's not disjointed - it's just plain WIERD! smile2

Invision power board is one of the most feature packed forum software systems on the internet.

It takes a while for new members to find everything it does. To make things worse new features are being added all the time by IPB. Thats without any plug ins I decide to add.

There is a member support forum for those who wish to use it.

Nah! How do I unsubscribe from ebay. I keep buying all this Chinese crap!

• Upvote 2

I didn't quite see what it was all about either when I first joined. best thing is just to sit back and just watch what everyone else does and just join in when something happens that you are interested in or just happen to know something about. It also helps when you have learnt who the regular posters are - you sort of get to know them by email. A trip to the Roebuck also helps as then you will meet real live forum members. Hmmm time it happened again too slywink

• Upvote 2

It also helps when you have learnt who the regular posters are - you sort of get to know them by email. A trip to the Roebuck also helps as then you will meet real live forum members.

....and if that doesn't make you want to unsubscribe, nothing will.

• Upvote 1

Well ModelTMan, that's how you get a reaction from us regular Nottstalgia posters, just tell us our favourite forum is disjointed!! Are you in or do you still want out?!!!!