hi all from nottm,just signed up today

just quick few lines for now,born nottm 1958 from the meadows buxton street,moved to clifton,then back to the meadows glebe street,then on to bulwell 1973,where i still live,i have been searching for photos of glebe street and buxton street,but everything,online has come to a dead end,it seams these 2 streets are missing from all other forums ,picture the past ect,any help in this matter would be great,look forward to hearing from you all,and to be a part of this forum,

buxton street was just up from the gun factory main gates on the left it was i think a cul de sac with a path leading to bosworth school ,i went there,i remember them getting out camp beds and making you sleep,never did just meessed about,then at play time we used to climb the fence and muck about on the pit railway sidings,

I remember Bosworth school, some of my cousins went there as Auntie Kath & Uncle Fred lived near the gun factory, can't remember which street they lived on though. (Kings Meadow road is in my memory bank, though not sure) There seemed to be lots of those cul-de-sac streets in the Meadows, the ones I remember most are the ones that went off Bunbury street. I didn't venture the other side of Wilford road to much, probably scared of the local kids. :)

Welcome roe, I think there are enough folks on here, living in Bulwell, to have their own meetup! Did you know there is a whole thread about Bosworth school, in the School forum?

Ey up Roe,i can see you eventually graduated to Bulwell from your 'whistle' and 'Titfer'.............well played ,like ya style :biggrin:

There used to be a site for Bosworth School, Christine Dixon was one of the people involved with it. I'll have to kick her rear end and get her back on here..

Ey up Roe,i can see you eventually graduated to Bulwell from your 'whistle' and 'Titfer'.............well played ,like ya style :biggrin:

that aint me in the pic its gary numan,although did dress like this in the early 80s

• Upvote 1

TUT, heres me thinking we'd got some more class from Bulwell,ive said it before i don't think its right enhancing yourself with someone famous..... :biggrin: