Anybody on here have redifusion I remember going to my grandmas house she put the telly turned the switch on the wall and the radio came out as a nine year old I thought it was great I think there head office was on Castle Boulevard Im sure thats where she used to drag me to go and pay for it.Then up to Wigfalls to payfor the washing machine Happy Days

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anybody on here have redifusion I remember going to my grandmas house she put the telly turned the switch on the wall and the radio came out as a nine year old I thought it was great I think there hea

I bought my first colour TV from Wigfalls in 1973 a 22"GEC 6 channel push button tuner thing. What an absolute pile of garbage.

The tv was probably ok I worked for wigfalls at that time,it was probly me that installed it cat fan ,sorry I wasnt very good at my job.

Posted Images

Welcome Cookie1967

I remember Redifusion, but can't remember whether we had our telly from them or Telefusion. Can also remember going to pay for it though. Can also remember hiring our telly from one or t'other when I first got married, until we bought our first one.

I remember Redifusion as a very good service. Our first radio was an attractive wooden speaker controlled by a black rotary switch on the wall nearby. During the 50s a television was bought in a Bulwell shop but was very unreliable, going back for expensive repairs several times. We went back to reliable Redifusion for the next tele' and never regretted it.

we had redifusion, I remember the wiring on the wall outside, it went from house to house, and very unsightly, they were none too pleased at anyone opting out, if my memory serves me right it was because breaking the circuit caused a bit of a problem, I seem to remeber them offering a low rent if you would agree to leave the connection box on your property.

Our first house had redifusion wires and we used it for radio & television. We received a "wayleave" for the wires, I think it was one shilling a year but I may be wrong it was almost 50 years ago.

I don't remember all those letters on ours. There was definitely no BBC2 when we had ours, just the 2 channels. Not many radio stations either, come to that. This would be around 1957.

I don't think Radio Luxemburg was available on Redifusion, just the BBC. My parents had it in the early 60's, BBC Tv and ITV plus about three or four BBC radio channels.

Barclaycon, music in hotels, and a lot of other places, especially lifts, was provided by a company called Planned Equipment Ltd, who had the UK franchise for Muzak (which was a real company before the word became a generic description).

Back in the 70s and 80s, I used to arrange for their direct phone line connections to their customers.

• Upvote 1