Track suits and trainers?

Crocs mean healthy feet. I wear them most of the time - not yellow ones though :biggrin: 6 months or more of the year = crocs with no socks when gardening or some other leisure times. I am chastised for wearing crocs and shorts while chainsawing, stone wall building and climbing trees - but hey! - at least I'm not wearing tracksuit and trainers!

• Upvote 3
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There must be a limit to the size of arse which can be accommodated on a flight, in the same way that hand baggage is restricted to a specific size and weight. Do airlines have arse gauges, similar to

Complete opposite of me Mick..........think it depends what business and job you're in..............i feel comfortable in Suit,collar and Tie...........plus Waistcoat,pocket watch,Arm bands,Cuff links

DJ360 #50 about speedos. Could the explanation be that some 'budgies' these days are smaller than they were a few years ago? For the men who wear looser trunks, perhaps their budgies are mo

I have this phobia of walking about bare footed, can't do it. ! When I see someone walking bare footed even in a film I have to look away, I'm most comfortable with my size ten steel toe capped boots on !

• Upvote 2

I like my size 8 workboots,soft leather uppers,chemical and oil proof soles with steel toe caps,If we go out somewhere I usually wear them,come in handy to put under the back wheels of the mobility scooters when the ignorant sods expect me to move out of their way,gives them a bit of a fright when the back end of their machine suddenly launches in the air,I make a bit of a song and dance about being run over and make out my foot hurts (they don't know my boots have steel toe caps) just my way of getting through the day and having a bit of fun

Rog

• Upvote 2

I love the 20s style of dress in men and women,............in women most flesh covered up....with just the odd tantalising glimses,not like today with most younger ladies that hide almost nowt,............and the men in 3 piece suits,Trilby and fancy Dan shoes.........Elliot Ness' style,.........

• Upvote 1

Summed up by the tv series in the early 60s..............'Roaring 20s' with the stunning Dorothy Provine

Summed up by the tv series in the early 60s..............'Roaring 20s' with the stunning Dorothy Provine

Filmed after changing out of he tracksuit and trainers....lol

Joking apart Benj - I agree about the 20's fashion. I still have some finely tailored suits for when the occasion arises. When going out I wear a tweed jacket and trilby during the cooler weather, or a lightweight tailored suit or jacket and Panama in Summer. Oh! and proper shoes :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Steel toe cap boots the self defence weapon no one can take of you a quick kick on the shins settles most arguments.............

How uncouth! A precisely aimed winkle picker was far more effective :Shock:

Reminds me of the pair of expensive, cool sued winkle picker shoes I once had. Didn't last long. Woke up one morning after a heavy night on the town, reached under the bed for the po, only to discover that I had used one of my prized winkle pickers during the night instead! Emptied temporary po and put it on top of the boiler to dry. Phew!! Eye watering reek!. The dried shoe ended up as hard as a pot out of the kiln and had a salty tide mark and texture.

• Upvote 1

#88 I was into the 'Italian' style then - you know - short jackets and winkle pickers. That period followed my short lived drape and brothel creeper year. I ended up as a duffle coat and college scarf type before I (nearly) grew up.

• 5 years later...

And yet the French call swimming pools 'piscines'...

Piscina here pronounced  .Pisheena when you're drunk maybe.

• 3 weeks later...