• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Swans on Loch Watten for PeverilPeril: Loch Watten in December: Loch Watten in summer: Trout (Brown) fishing boats on Loch Watten:

I'm probably not the first to mention this, but wouldn't it be neat if the actress Tuppence Middleton ('Dickensian', 'War & Peace') were to marry the Welsh rugby player Leigh Halfpenny?

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in (y)our philosophy. (Hamlet) I would like to think there are large creatures living in deep lochs - there would probably be m

I once had it explained to me how a certain race of people (can't remember which) wiped their behinds. They got a small piece of paper about three inches in diameter, or square, and ripped the centre out of it, just enough to push your finger through. It was important that you saved the piece ripped out. With your finger pushed through you wiped and then pushed the paper back towards the nail, taking any waste with it. This done and disposed of you then folded the small piece of leftover paper to a point and then cleaned out what was under your nail. Why this didn't catch on I will never know.

• Upvote 1

Because some folks like to pick their noses afterwards I believe.

• Upvote 1

Had dinner out on Saturday night, at a nearby table were a couple with a young child. While waiting for their meal to arrive, mum was turned sideways, back to the child while she used her laptop, child used his smart phone and dad opposite was using his. What a sad world we are in now, conversation is dead.

• Upvote 1

Thnks for changing the subject, Katie. :-)

Yes, I've noticd numerous kids lately with their own smart phones or maybe they are video games. Nothing like getting them started early.

The Olive garden restaurant has started putting some kind of video screen on their tables. I guess you can order or pay your bill this way. I alwas turn ours to the wall. I find it distracting. It also has games for the kiddies. One of the little blighters was playing on one last week and then started to scream the place down. Presumably because the game ended or something. Games are not free, I think it adds them to your bill.

I've always liked techy stuff but things are going nuts.

• Upvote 1

Had dinner out on Saturday night, at a nearby table were a couple with a young child. While waiting for their meal to arrive, mum was turned sideways, back to the child while she used her laptop, child used his smart phone and dad opposite was using his. What a sad world we are in now, conversation is dead.

Of course, they might have been talking to each other. Just not face to face !

• Upvote 1

We often get text messages from our 4 year old grandson, who 'borrows' his Mum's phone when she leaves it lying about. He gets most of the words right - we can understand what he's saying anyway, although usually it's about nothing in particular and ends with loads of kisses!

• Upvote 2

My texts end with loads of kisses......... Better not tell the missus. LOL

Actually sold something on ebay yesterday . Old shop stock . Well actually its the second item in a week .

First one I made a hash of and ended up selling something for £2.50 inc p&p but it cost me £2.80 to post !

Trouble is traders from China are selling similar items (including postage) for less than the postage alone costs me . Who subsidises their postage ?

#55.......annswaby fyngers thread..............glad you volunteerd yourself for the Nottstalgia football team Ann,and we could do with a big lad like Hindley (Tank) at the back,were you a fan of his back in the day?

thought better take this off fyngers thread,

BTW Benjamin, were you referring to me in your football team? If so who's the other one ?

Sorry I'm busy jam, marmalade making and crystalising peel and clementines. Did you see the pic of all the fruit i had, i've got to do something with it !!

• Upvote 1

NonnaB,......Nice one Nonna,.....you are now my 3rd Italian import..squad building nicely,...bring your fruit to Bulwell Common Sunday 10am,we can have it after training...lol.

• Upvote 1

Why is the weather going so strange. Wasn't like this when I was a kid. Mostly cold and damp when it wasn't raining. I remember a week at Bridlington when we sat in a cold shelter and looked at the sea. We'd go to the pictures in the afternoon to keep warm. I don't buy the usual explanations about global warming, but summat's going on. It's getting so extreme.

• Upvote 1

PeverilPeril #87: +12°C?! WE don't get much higher than that in Summer mate! Here's a couple of pictures takenn from my attic window this morning:

Scaraben:

IMG_5966.JPG

Morven:

IMG_5964.JPG

• Upvote 5