It had to happen.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

About time they banned those flavored vapes they F***ing stink

I had a similar reaction when I asked when the non smokers were going to get their time off in my last job. The bosses were the worst culprits.

When I first came to Oz I lost my first job because when all my colleagues, the smokers, went outside to do their thing I got a bit fed up with it, being a non smoker, so decided I would grab a cuppa

Passing Clouds, De Reszke, two other obscure brands.

I can remember starting my first job from leaving school. The manager would light up a Capstan Full Strength and after a couple of puffs he'd go into a coughing fit. His face would go red and his eyes seemed to bulge out of his head but he never took the cigarette out of his mouth.

• Upvote 1

My Doc once told me that Nicotine was an amazing drug which could do wonders for medicine if only it wasn't so addictive...

On my 'few times a year' visits to Nottingham, I usually end up in the Gala Bingo with 'our Kid'. It's amazing how many people in there dash out to the smoking area every few minutes. And there are 'vapers' in there who switch from 'vaping' to proper cigs as they go from inside to the outside smoking area, then are 'doing the switch', as they move to the exiits at the end of play.

I was a smoker for many years, but I think if I ever got to that level of enslavement, I might look for another way.

Col

Why a good idea?

Ecigs have been proven to be between 95% and 99% safer than fags, and don't subject anybody to second-hand smoke. The vapour they produce has more in common with the steam coming out of a kettle than what is produced by fags.

They're also recommended by Cancer Research UK, and various Stop Smoking Serivces across the country.

And there is no staining of walls that you get from the tar in fags, either.

If you can call it that, about the only downside is that the Chancellor loses lots of money from the duty levied on cancer sticks.

• Upvote 2

Because it is clear to many of us that the use of eCigs in areas where Smoking of Tobacco is banned, is just a way of getting around the ban.

Before 'vaping', many Smokers (I was one), had to live with the ban on smoking indoors.

Vaping has offered a safer way of getting nicotine, but it has also offered a 'cop out' and a 'workaround', for those who are determined to keep on smoking in public areas indoors.

If you are a smoker, smoke within the law.

If you have no intention of giving up, keep on going out for your fag, but don't inflict the sweet nasty smell of vaping on others.

And yes. It does smell.

Col

I can guarantee that my ecig doesn't smell. Some of the more exotic flavours do, though. But I'll only use it where I'm allowed to.

And as for your other point, yes there are some who are "dual users", but there are many more who have packed-up tobacco-based products as a result of this new technology. The more people who stop using fags, the better, whatever it takes.

• Upvote 3

DJ360. What is wrong with getting round the smoking ban by using the alternative that has no harmful effects to the vaper or anyone in the vicinity. It only emits glycerine steam. I changed from tobacco to e-cigs two years ago. The liquids I vape have a zero nicotine content, I cannot tell the difference compared with those liquids that have nicotine. I can go for hours on end, and do, without a vape; proof that they can wean smokers off tobacco.

• Upvote 2

We have 3 lads @ work who do this flavored vaping shite it f**king stinks. worse than fags I don't want to smell cotton candy or coconut popcorn or bubblegum, It does linger I can smell it for hours, if I have to run there line I can smell it on my fingers from the pressing the buttons on the machine, for two pins I'd kick there f**king heads in ................ uppercut uppercut uppercut ...... deep breath ............... only got 25 more shifts to do ......... Booooooooom!

People who vape are deceiving themselves they "may" have packed the tobacco in BUT they are still addicted to nicotine.

When I sopped I stopped period & it was cold turkey & I was a heavy smoker too(2x50 gram packs a week)

Well done Bubble in packing in cold Turkey,.........but as Chulla states his Vape is nicotine free and has worked for him,.......i also have a vape free of nicotine and helps me cut down.

• Upvote 1

Strolling into the QMC this afternoon & the smoking area has been moved further away from the main entrance. to here.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.9448813,-1.1873847,3a,75y,98.5h,87.77t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sDuhxRcVkikoo766HHfxCyQ!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo1.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fpanoid%3DDuhxRcVkikoo766HHfxCyQ%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D31.065851%26pitch%3D0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

I was amazed to see amongst the crowd of smokers, one old dear in a wheel chair complete with puke dish on her lap dressed in her night attire & one woman about 30 something tethered to a mobile drip trolley complete with all the fittings dressed in her night attire too, both chuffing away on a fag a piece ! smokingkills

• Upvote 1

#42. Wonderful, Catfan, just wonderful; nothing deters us Brits. Looking at it another way, I hear that the government gets 12 Billion from smokers in tobacco duty, and smoking costs the NHS 1 1/2 Billion (probably over-stated). Not a bad return. Keep chuffing; it pays for them who treat Catfan and me at the hospitals.

• Upvote 2

My only worry Chulla is that when all the revenue from smoking disappears, whats going to replace it. ?

Motoring (more taxes) ?

Fast food ?

Alcohol is a favourite ?

The lost revenue will have to come from somewhere.

• Upvote 1

You are absolutely right, CF. All the moaning anti-smokers really would have something to moan about if they had to pay extra taxes/duties to make up for that lost when everyone did what they wanted them to do and packed up smoking.

• Upvote 2

When I was in QMC for 3 weeks with ischemic colitis (wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy) a couple of months ago a nurse came to give me advice on stopping smoking. I said "I've never smoked in my life!" She said "oh; it's usually smokers who get what you've got, I just assumed you smoked!" I asked the Doc what caused it? She said "just bad luck!" I suppose our health is luck in the end, all we can do is try & load the dice in our favour..

• Upvote 3

My only worry Chulla is that when all the revenue from smoking disappears, whats going to replace it. ?

The lost revenue will have to come from somewhere.

We're taxed to hell as it is...When Maggie first got in power VAT was 8%....there's plenty of tax screwed out us plebs now including the £18 VAT the bastards charged me to kill my oldest most faithful friend....my dog.....I wouldn't mind if it went to animal charities...but it goes on wars,undeserving foreign aid,royalty and the establishment,and Neil Kinnocks three grand a week pension.

• Upvote 1