:Friends: Happy Mothers Day all you moms out there! :Friends:
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's been 28 years since I last wished my Mum a Happy Mother's Day, and at that time thinking she would always be there for me, sadly that wasn't the case.   Been on a road trip this weekend to s

Wish I could have taken my mum out for lunch, as I always used to. Still find it very difficult to walk past displays of cards for mothering sunday knowing that I won't be buying one.   BUT.

#22. Same here for me Jill, my mother joined my dad 39 years ago, always a difficult time for me. Mrs Catfan's parents are still alive & kicking. Mind you, there is an 86 year old black

!rulez! It's not until Sunday Cali ! I know you are behind us in time but i didn't know that we were that far infront!!!!

I know it's Sunday, but I'm rarely on my computer on the weekends with 3 kids playing baseball and other family outings!

And Flat Cap, we can see how happy your mothers children are!!

Is it Mothers Day in the U.S.A too Cali? I think English Mothers Day was in March?

Happy Mothers Day to you all lips0

• 8 years later...

:hand: HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL YOU MOTHERS............HOPE IT'S A GREAT DAY OR YOU ALL....................Xxx

• Upvote 5

:hand: HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL YOU MOTHERS............HOPE IT'S A GREAT DAY OR YOU ALL....................Xxx

Oops. I missed the F off.....

• Upvote 1
  • 2 years later...

Thank you everyone and from me A Happy Mothers Day to all the Mums out there as well.

Off to Bewdley today with daughter and friend, to be treated to fish and chips by the River Severn; followed by as much ice cream as I can manage.We might move on down river to Bridgnorth or Ironbridge  for that though. Have a lovely day everyone.:)

• Upvote 5

Thankyou Catfan. Took my mum out for lunch, she will be lucky this year.....mothers day here is in May. So two celebrations this year and next and next:rulez:

• Upvote 1

We have had a very pleasant Mothers Day. Our trip to Bewdley must have coincided with every body else in the area having the same idea. The queue at the chip shop was four deep and at least 40 people long, so up the road to 'The George Hotel Wetherspoons' for our fish and chips, the bill for four people (Granddaughter didn't want anything) plus free drink each was £25 so it was cheaper than the chippy. Not that we were bothered. Every where was so busy, even had to queue out into the street for ice creams. Spoilt me rotten with flowers and little gifts, still 'I suppose I am worth it' Sigh!:rolleyes:

Just look at this little torture bought for me by my girls. Marshmallows with their pictures on the top. How can I possibly eat them???

aa33cbe5-4fc1-4f5d-8c16-91862980b774.jpg

• Upvote 5

Wish I could have taken my mum out for lunch, as I always used to. Still find it very difficult to walk past displays of cards for mothering sunday knowing that I won't be buying one.

BUT...she did keep all the cards I gave her over the years and there is a huge vase of beautiful daffodils...her favourite flowers...next to her photograph!  She knows I couldn't possibly forget her!  :rolleyes:

• Upvote 7

Ditto to that Jill...........trip to Bulwell Cemetery tomorrow (worked today).....loved me Mam miss her every day..........after all it was she that got me   into the Liberty Bodice....................lol.

• Upvote 3

I feel the same Jill. Every year we drive to Nottm and I put flowers on Mums grave. this is the first year I haven't done it, because my family wanted to take me out for the day. I feel really sad inside for not doing my usual drive home. It is so unusual that my sister who still lives in Gedling, phoned to see if I was alright. I have bought a plant for the garden in her memory and also have her favourite Freesia in a vase.

• Upvote 2