How's your day?

Oh dear, what a bloomin’ awful day ....... dark, miserable, chilly and often wet, what a difference from this past couple of weeks.   Added to that, little Jack growled at me (for the first time in his almost 14 year life) both times I gave him his insulin injection.  We went for a little walk and he ‘hugs’ the boundary walls of the neighbourhood because his eyesight has deteriorated so much and so quickly,  When we’re in the house he follows me everywhere and then flops down until I move to another room. I’m so concerned about him and really don’t think it’s worth the vet upping his insulin dose again this coming Thursday.  I’ve got to keep him going for another week until his Dad comes home and then a decision must be made because the poor little lad has no quality of life now.  Feeling sad. 
Oh, almost forgot ...... we had a family Zoom meeting this evening which was nice! 

• Replies 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

A very satisfying day for me today. Our fishing club are contemplating taking on about 3 miles of fishing on the upper Trent. It has not been fished for decades and has suffered several major pollution incidents. So 6 of us did a trial fish today. Amazing! We all caught several large fish each including a few trout up to 4 1/2lb and chub of a similar size. Some nice Grayling too. So, we will make an offer ;)

The Trent lives on :cool:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Lizzie I can imagine how you feel about Jack and I'm so sorry to hear he is suffering like that. Growling at you is probably due to the farctfact that he's fed up of his injections. No one likes them being given continuously especially when he can't get an answer on why they're being given. Hope Roger comes home quickly, no doubt Jack is missing him. One of ours won't eat if Alex is out and the minute he gets back she can't eat quick enough. I'll be thinking of you.

• Upvote 1

CT thankyou so much. Whenever I try to post from my iPad it never goes right so I sometimes delete and write something else. When it came up letters and numbers I decided to post from my laptop but then the photo is missing. This morning I was going to go through photos again to find out exactly where it was and maybe find out why it's missing. I hate to lose photos that I know I have. Thankyou once again.

The other day I had my usual blood test and today I have a T.A.C.. I was told 6 months ago that it was be the finish of my follow ups.so will see tomorrow when I see the oncologist. In reality I hope it's not the case as when I have all these appointments I feel safe because at the least little thing something will be done.

9 hours ago, PeverilPeril said:

a few trout up to 4 1/2lb and chub of a similar size. Some nice Grayling too.

Blimey all I used to catch back in the sixties were mostly Gudgeon, Roach, with the odd Chub and Rudd and once a quite large Pike

It’s very quiet on the fishing scene in our area at Hazelford. Match fishing, which was so popular some years ago, has died out. The Trent, however, is so much cleaner. You can stand on the bank and actually see the bottom. Most of the fishing round here is now done in lakes. There is a trout fishery in Gibsmere, which is oversubscribed and a carp syndicate in Bleasby’s Jubilee Ponds. My interest has always been sea fishing in Cornwall and Scotland and trout fishing in the Scottish lochs but it’s more about being there, surrounded by beautiful scenery, than catching anything!

Often used to fish near the weir on Hazelford Island it was very quiet over there and none of Harker's? barges to disturb you. it was quite a hike from Fiskerton along the river bank. I also liked fishing near the church and the Robin Hood Theatre at Averham.

The last firm to use barges in this area were Whittaker’s of Hull. They used to bring petrol to the fuel farm at Colwick but that was 20+ years ago and the fuel farm was recently demolished to make way for a supermarket. There is still barge traffic on the tidal stretch below Cromwell where they carry sand to Hull from the riverside quarries. The non tidal stretch is no longer dredged so it’s only about six feet deep which can lead to the river bursting its banks after winter storms.

7 hours ago, nonnaB said:

The other day I had my usual blood test and today I have a T.A.C.. I was told 6 months ago that it was be the finish of my follow ups.so will see tomorrow when I see the oncologist. In reality I hope it's not the case as when I have all these appointments I feel safe because at the least little thing something will be done.

I was just the opposite nonna. When, after five years, the oncologist said "bugger off I don't want to see you again" I felt brilliant! Take it for what it is nonna, if they say no more needed it's a  sign that all is as it should be.. I wish you well

• Like 1

My appointment was for 14.00 hr ( 2pm) ok was starting to get changed ready for my husband picking me up. The phone rang " why didn't you present yourself this morning at 10 am" 'scuse me but my appointment was for 2 pm. Whenever I have an appointment for a Tac they always phone me . Blood test and visit are always written down on my results and I take them home. Anyway after a couple of cross words and louder voices they said they would ring back to see if they could find a slot before I saw the oncologist. I was furious 2 days of practically starving myself and having to wait again was just not in my head. My husband said you may as well eat something because it's not going to be today.. I was just about to grab a sandwich when the phone rang again. Yes we can fit you in . Ok well come straightaway. We arrive I picked up my papers from radiology dept and went to sit down and wait.After maybe 10 minutes the nurse called me in , forms filled in and cannula  was about to be installed. I had my blood test in my right arm as it's the easiest but they advise me not to do it continually as the vein will get weak, so I was preparing my left arm when the nurse spotted a juicy vein in my wrist. Oh no I thought they hurt like hell there but she insisted on trying.The needle was in but as she was pushing the cannula in the vein did a u turn . So out it came and she tried on the right arm. Finally in and taped up I waited for them to call me. Meanwhile, the siren went off, loud speakers everywhere that nobody could understand what they were trying to say when we were all ushered out into a huge waiting room . Luckily there were only a few of us. We could smell burning and all the nurses and Drs were hanging around outside the radiology dept chattering away probably trying to find out what was happening. After about half an hour they gave the all clear and we could go back in our waiting spaces.They called me in and away we went only to stop the machine to ask me when I was operated on in my back ( they saw the nuts and bolts probably) they thought it was something to do with tumors. So once again the machine was started . They kept going over and back the same places so it took it bit longer than what I remember but by this time my arms were getting numb I was so uncomfortable. They arrived soon after to release me and I was so glad.

I arrived home and ate a huge cheese and chutney cob washed down with a glass of wine. I feel tons better now.

On our exit  from the hospital I said to call in at oncology to check on my appointment which I had in mind that it was tomorrow. It's 18 th of September. Good job I checked.

Brew I a,ways thought it was 5 yrs unztil I asked my old oncologist and he said as long as it takes. If there's something it can be dealt with immediately. But this new one said differently so now will have to wait til September."

7 minutes ago, Jill Sparrow said:

That sounds even more dramatic than Beekay's recent heart attack

It were dramatic enough for me !! Scared me witless Still very tired and afraid to do owt..

• Like 1
3 hours ago, philmayfield said:

In my business experience, chaos seemed be a regular occurance in Italy. The Italians appeared to accept it as the norm!

I can assure you Phil that we don't. It just seems like that. We are a very calm bunch.:rotfl:

Well that's  a bugger! The washing machine, a built in unit, has decide it doesn't  want to be a washing machine no more and is dumping water all over the floor. Getting it out and repairing or replacing is going to be a ...  err...... interesting...

Just returned from a very pleasant cycle ride by the canals and lanes. Usual 12mile route, I never tire of the scene.

Something different every day, sometimes we will see many fishermen, sometimes Herons waiting to pounce on their next meal, sometimes Swans, we have three at the moment always hovering around Autherly Junction waiting for titbits to be thrown to them. 

Today we saw a not so pleasant sight, a Pike, dead on the side  of the canal, hubbs reckons it was about 2ft6in, a fisherman says that some people hit them on the head to kill them, something to do with them having teeth? It was an ugly looking monster, but didn't deserve to die just because it had teeth?

Anyway, got to get ready to go out. Granddaughter, has got a place at Aston University and we are going for a ride to see where it is and suss out the locality, train station etc. She has had a year off, and is now ready for the adventure. She had a place at Warwick last year, but decided to change to Aston, thankfully accepted and rearing to go. Wish her all the luck in the world, and in my best Brummie accent, 'Hers a Bostin Wench'  and deserves the best. One happy Mammar here.:biggrin:

• Like 5