• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Talking of computers (not brill on them)  I did have a ASUS which was 10inch bit like a notepad plus very light and easy to take anywhere with you. 

Story   Master wanted to watch more sport on tv so went back to BT  every thing was fine landline. TV (lots of footie ) internet our 2 lap tops worked in fact one is so old thought it might be ready for bin??? but know it just came back to life. Even master's kindal worked. So far so good   just a minute what about my little baby??? well after being on the phone emailing BT for a full week it still did not want to get back into the swing of things, so went and brought a new ASUS  Crome bit bigger 12"   but it works ??? now my old one grandson said " should I take it clear data then sell it for you?"  ok I said 

Not seen any ASUS or grandson since. if fact might fill in a form for Missing person with a ASUS.

Took Jj out for a quick walk, he will have a longer walk later. What a lovely morning after the last few days, birds singing, sky blue (at moment), daffodils and snowdrops out. Feels like spring is arriving, might be able to ditch the thermals finally! 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I miss my walks with my dog but at least Sammie has va nice home, the young lady who adopted him just loves him to bits 

Very windy this morning!! Out on the field at the back in the dark wrestling a tarpaulin off of the chicken run.

Avian flu has meant they can no longer run free so to keep them in a run is the only answer but this brings problems of shelter; when running free they are adept at finding shelter when it rains or is very windy. In a run you can provide some protection from the elements with a tarpaulin however in very windy weather the whole thing becomes like a box kite and can end up three fields away. Bit like the Gazebos that folk leave out after a BBQ and the next day there they are gone!!

Today I shall be mostly in my garage out the wind wrestling with a Riley water pump. When it has won the contest then I shall sit inside muttering.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I've had a lazy quiet day by myself as Mrs Col is at daughter's helping with childcare.

Took the opportunity  to watch the film of 'Where The Crawdads Sing', from the novel by Delia Owens. I think it's a clever, original and beautiful story. It's been showing on Sky Premier HD.

I got the novel on Audible last year having heard about it because the lead was played by Daisy Edgar-Jones, of 'Normal People' fame. 

As ever the film lacks a lot of the subtlety, detail

and nuance of the book, but at least they got the atmosphere and the basic plot right.

I enjoyed it.

Recommended.

• Like 1

Murky outside today cloudy and raining. May go to the local leisure centre to see if can catch a game of badminton.

Garage awaits with Riley water pump and fitting of inlet manifold with single SU of the period. Also got couple of jobs on Chrysler to do , petrol gauge stopped working I suspect the new petrol composition playing havoc with float. Means taking lots of stuff off of the back of the car.

DJ I watched Where Crawdads Sing  other night and like you I prefer the book, that is the case for many films.

• Like 1

My daughter has now been designing clothes, among other things since she graduated. These days she doesn't often bother to show us what's hers in the shops, but here's something she has in Matalan at the moment. It seems t be selling very well.

https://www.matalan.co.uk/product/detail/s2946533_c211/girls-green-schiffley-co-ord-set-4-13yrs-green

Some years ago she was on the Matalan design staff, but found it a bit tame. These days she's Freelance.

• Like 5

Col, your daughter’s design looks very pretty and I like the colour, but I fear it would need ironing.
However, some people I know actually like doing ironing! You must be very proud of her success

• Like 1

Margie, I gave up ironing many years ago when I created tramlines in hubbies Army trousers. He does all the ironing now. Can’t say I miss it.

Don't tell the master that i have posted this!!

One day master asked me to show him how to iron, so starting  on easy things eg Hankies then more advanced. Hankies easy pesy  next shirts??     

Wel;l he placed the shirt on the ironing board, and it fell off,  twice more, each time he placed on the board by the time he had picked up the iron the shirt was on the floor.              By thim time the master had given up. 

OK  Whats next on the list.

I think the word obey is optional now, Trogg, but for centuries it was part of the marriage vows for women only! No way would I ever have promised to obey any man but, then, no way would I ever get married.  It must have been said by grandma Kate when she married Ted Sparrow in 1919 but she had no intention of honouring it any more than Ted had any intention of forsaking all others.

• Like 2

SO Do i Phil........i often think ive had a good idea and my beloved convinces me ''Its not''...........I sometimes rebel a little........but in the end give in....because i know she has more Common sense....i am a dreamer'' so she tells me............

I wouldn't say my wife is always right, but even bad cheese and a dodgy curry wouldn't dare disagree with her !

• Upvote 1

Ladies 10    Gents 1

21 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

TO love honour and Iron all his shirts......should be in the Marriage Vows....:)

OHHHH   come on Ben thats    NO    way to talk.