How's your day?

Mind your step Brew, take it easy. That nitro glycerine can be a doozey. I keep mine in me pocket until I need to change it for a new date one. Be thinking of you mate.

• Like 1
  • Replies 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Careful Brew. Sorry to hear of your mishap. We are mostly at an age where we have to look twice where we are going. I have an awful habit of walking around in the semi darkness at night and my husband shouts at me for it. Where we live we have no street lights so we do have night lights where necessary but it’s not always I move where they are. 
Here’s to a quick recovery you be careful now.

• Like 1

@Brew Are you on tablets, patches or a spray?  Sorry you fell- is your nose badly bruised?  It sounds  like the A&E was very efficient in dealing with you quickly.  
Please take care x

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Beekay said:

Mind your step Brew, take it easy. That nitro glycerine can be a doozey. I keep mine in me pocket until I need to change it for a new date one. Be thinking of you mate.

If you’re keeping nitroglycerine in your pocket be prepared to have your testimonials blown off when you reach for your small change! :Shock:

• Like 1

Well Brew you are the winner I thought I was the best at using the NHS sevices but it seems you surpass me , do me a favour and behave yourself. We need your contributions on Nottstalgia so please be careful and look after yourself.

• Like 1

After almost ten hours sleep I'm compos mentis, and back the land of the living, I think. But my head hurts, my chest aches and nose is bleeding again. Who said growing old is no fun?

Many thanks for for good wishes much appreciated.

Margie it's a spray and now in know for sure why they say press the plunger once only.

Trog my little escaped is a mere bagatelle compared to, and way behind yourself,  Ben, Col, Carnie Nonna, Lizzie et al. Not wishing to be unkind but long may it remain so.

Although denied by certain parties of this parish the doctor definitely said "CT's can", but I didn't hear what it is CT has and what he can do with it, so I'm keeping my eyes open.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

.....  Ian I'm teetotal so can't use that excuse, not sure if that's a good thing or not.

BK..it certainly blows yer ed off

Brew, I've only had to use my Trinitrate once since 2004, when I was diagnosed with 'A spot of Angina' as my GP said. Had occasion to use it back in 2020 when paramedics were called to me after what I assumed was indigestion. I won a trip to hospital and it transpired I had had a heart attack. Down to Brighton General and had two more stents fitted to accompany the one inserted in 2004. I carry the spray with me all the time, 'just in case'. It was the same surgeon on both occasions.

17 hours ago, Brew said:

.....  Ian I'm teetotal so can't use that excuse, not sure if that's a good thing or not.

BK..it certainly blows yer ed off

A boy stood on the burning deck his pockets full of crackers, a spark flew up his trouser leg and.......well you know the rest

Rog

Flippin' Eck Jim! I know you said you were a bit hacked off with getting older, but hurling yourself downstairs in protest isn't  the answer!

Still glad you appear to have damaged little but your pride.

Take care please.

Meanwhile, our combi boiler, which was giving probs all week, has now given up and refuses to light. So no heating or hot water. Plumber says he'll get to us ASAP.

So meanwhile, really glad we had the new gas fire fitted. At the moment it seems to be keeping the ground floor at 20 C on its lower setting.

Knee still intermittently very painful. I can now do straight leg lifts etc... but the bend is proving harder to get. Only around 90 degrees at present and pushing for more is seriously painful.

• Like 1

Hi Brew.

I came in late on reading.  Sorry to read of your trials and tribulations.  Hoping you are soon feeling chipper again and any injuries heal quickly.  Take care of yourself mate.

• Like 1

Thanks Loppy. The drama has of course now reached the stage whereby ego kicks and I'm trying to explain it was not as daft as it sounds... 

• Like 1

My nephew is an influencer. I don’t think he’s more than 16-17 but if he’s not a millionaire now he soon will be.He has the gift of the gab in an unusual way and is charming with it. I’ve just watched a video of him in Milan , I think it was. He is in an area surrounded by thousands of people . Adults as well as youngsters asking for his autograph and having selfies with him. Don’t know how but he did a video using products from TEMU to refit his brothers room. He recommends so many IT and technical products  probably what the kids want. Apparently he earns more than his dad , who is a dentist. His videos are amazing to watch although it makes me dizzy.:blink:

I have bought stuff from TEMU, It's a Chinese site selling everything under the sun. So far so good but once you buy they haunt you with text messages every 30 mins or so to tell you how lucky you are, or how they made a mistake and you can have up to 93% discount. They are now blocked on my phones.

It's not a scam and they do deliver, just be aware it my not match your expectations