How's your day?

Thanks Lizzie yes it was a big surprise seeing I never have anything worth talking about. :laughing: Yes we’d already started to think about Christmas but the chefs are taking care of that it’s the little extras that are waiting. But at least my Christmas Cake is done and I think it’s already thirsty. It’ll have to wait though as I think at the moment the fumes will knock me out. Glad you enjoyed Zanzibar but sorry I missed R’s birthday. Say hello to him.

• Like 1
  • Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Wife tried to sort my prescriptions out today.......at the Doctors...something she has done for 5 years (since my Larengectomy )....our doc's have always been excellent,,  however today was somewhat different.........

They insisted they couldn't discuss this with her...... which i find crazy...

They told her to get me to ring them.....a Laryengectomee cannot speak without an aid fitted and trying to talk on the phone and be understood is practically impossible......which the wife informed them of........

Next came the suggestion i send them a letter.......

This i found very funny ...as i have ''Essential Tremor'' in my writing hand......lol.......so cannot write at all legibly.....

I'm not looking for 'Sympathy.''in fact i found it funny................

I'll go in mesen tomorrow and if my voice is working will discuss with them.....

Just been reading about the poor kids in Gaza and Israel....and realise I don't have a problem.....

• Like 6

I've put a 'Like' on your post, but I don't really like it....if you see what I mean.

It perfectly demonstrates how some people in admin jobs don't have the ability (or power) to think and act intelligently.

They just read their words from a prepared script without any understanding of what they're actually talking about.

• Like 5

This is very true Kev............i find that even health workers in many cases just know nothing about 'Laryengectomees''       the scariest thing is they dont realise i'm a Neck-Breather......

Well on a none health related topic I've been polishing all the brass in the boatmans cabin:Fool:

• Upvote 1

Ben 1945 sorry to read your post about your PX but you use the computer for posting on this site, Why? Don't you send for your  px on line.? You need to ask for your surgery  for the System online Book request register. You have your user name and a password the surgery gives you this password. As soon as this is registerd with your surgery, get your surgery up on line go to on line prescriptions then you can see all your medication that you have, if you see an empty box near your medication s just click in it, then it ask you what chemist you won't to go to so you can pick up or some chemist will deliver. Is there  a box for comments ? if you are going on holiday and you might be running out of med's then all you do is type in this box that you need your prescriptions  early then just put holidays are whatever you want.  So you do your own PS once you have ordered  it the px goes straight to the chemist for you to pick up or be delivered.

• Like 1

Your right Jill the only thing I will add, is if you can not find one of your drugs that you had say 6 months ago, and require it, and you can not find it, then it's gone into what you call past-drugs. Then you must make a request for it.

The red tape that confronts people trying to communicate is beyond a joke. A friend of mine was trying to get BT to cancel her deceased mother's phone line but the operator insisted nothing could be done without speaking to the account holder. When my friend asked them if they would pay for the seance if she arranged it they were speechless. What planet do these people belong to?

• Like 2

I recall a similar thing happening to a friend of mine around 14 years ago but in that case it was Talk Talk.  In the end, they sent her a huge bouquet of flowers to apologise for the trouble they'd caused her. She promptly threw them in the bin which I thought was rather a waste but such was the anger Talk Talk had provoked.

Phil you are a man I appreciate a few years ago I also purchased an exercise bike I religiously used it for a month every day. Then a I gave it to a friend, it caused me more problems and I felt a lot worse, so it had to go. I use to ride a bike regularly and enjoyed it, I am considering an electric bike , but someone thinks it will end up in one of my sheds, best of luck when you are fit enough to use yours.

• Like 1

I bought an exercise bike a few years ago when I had a bad hip. I thought it might help with the pain but I had a problem mounting it! I gave it to our son. I then bought an electric bike to which our son took a fancy as I wasn’t using it very much. Since my hip was repaired in 2020 and I’m fully recovered I thought I’d give indoor cycling another go. I went to Decathlon on Monday but there was only one on display and I couldn’t get my leg over it. I bought a half price ‘Black Friday deal’ bike from Amazon which I’ve just assembled. I climbed onboard but couldn’t get off! Being alone in the house I thought I’d be stuck there until my wife came home. I eventually managed to dismount as I couldn’t face the impending ridicule. I now need a more comfortable saddle and some padded shorts. Perhaps I should just grow old gracefully!

• Like 2

@woody I had a similar experience twenty years ago with the jobsworth at my late dad’s local Post Office when I asked for them to redirect his post to me. Despite my producing a copy of his death certificate, they refused to do it as he hadn’t signed the redirection form himself. My response was that I would need a few days to dig him up first.

They relented and finally accepted the form

Said all along, that living down here would be the ruin of me. Been converted, that's why I'm allus cowd when I come oop North.

8 hours ago, woody said:

The red tape that confronts people trying to communicate is beyond a joke. A friend of mine was trying to get BT to cancel her deceased mother's phone line but the operator insisted nothing could be done without speaking to the account holder. When my friend asked them if they would pay for the seance if she arranged it they were speechless. What planet do these people belong to?

When my mother died in 2012 we tied up all her finances and found a co op points card in her purse. She used to shop regularly at the co op. When we rang them to cancel it they said they needed a copy of the death certificate to do this. I was astounded but sent them one anyway. Unbelievable and not really top of our priorities at the time.

Hi Mrs B  we also had a few hic-cups with TSB bank before mum past  away, they sent her a credit card for her to use. At the time we were looking after mum she had dementia but she was also 98 years old.  I telephoned the bank and explained but they insisted that they would only cancel the card if they could see mum or speak with her,  Now my brother and I was given permission to look after her finances, we had both been with mum previous to TSB and she had given her say so. before her illness took over, so I took the phone over to mum and told her just to say cancel my card? Well I think everyone jumped a mile she shouted down the phone so loud. Thank you TSB said Card canceled.

Yippeeeee !  Today I is a 'noctogenarian', think I'll get me bus pass and go into Lewes and sit with the other old farts.