How's your day?

We have quite a few Rie deer around us and it’s quite common to drive down the country lanes and have to brake suddenly to let a couple or 3 or 4 prance across the road. I’m never quick enough to get a photo. The other day my husband had to stop to let 4 pass and then saw in the field another 6. He said it was a beautiful site.

• Replies 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Im trying to get in the Christmas mood but not having much success. Alex and I are eating lunch at my daughters tomorrow and it’s usually full of tasty delights so I’ve kept light today. It doesn’t seem like Christmas at all. It’s warm and there aren’t many decorations around. We have a park nearby that surrounds a high tower and every year there are nativity scenes in various corners. It’s a lovely sight but this year I haven’t seen it so maybe in a couple of days I’ll venture out to see them. Christmas here hasn’t the same atmosphere as in UK maybe because we are in a village.

I hope you all have a happy time, don’t eat or drink too much and be good or else Santa won’t leave you even a mince pie. 
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY AND HEALTHY NEW YEAR. 

• Like 3

Merry Christmas and all the best for 2024 Nottstalgians. I was a day early with my Christmas breakfast of pork pie and toast this morning (who cares I enjoyed it)Just waiting on my roasties finishing off to go with the honey and mustard glazed ham tonight. Yum.

• Like 1

Great to hear from you Carni! Hope to see you at a meet up in the New Year!

Meantime I'd like to wish all Nottstalgians everything you wish for yourselves for Christmas  and the New Year.

• Like 3

Well I am a miserable old s** , Bah Humbug with this Christmas lark it is not the same with out little ones about, so I am off to bed soon, I have a lot of housework and cooking tomorrow. So to all Nottstalgians a merry Christmas and a prosperous new Year.

• Like 3

Woken up by the rain beating against the window at 5:00 this Christmas morning. It is 16 degrees with the wind chill taking it down to 6. It will be the coldest Christmas in seventeen years.

To all Nottstalgians I hope you have a happy and safe festive season with those you love and hold dear.

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, DJ360 said:

Great to hear from you Carni! Hope to see you at a meet up in the New Year!

Thankyou DJ. Just to let you all know that the reason I can't make a meetup is because I can't walk more than a few steps, due to intolerance to the meds I'm taking. (I'm not playing truant, honestly!) I have an appointment with Oncology in January, all depends on what is planned for me. fingers crossed?

Been a lazy morning so far. Need to get a move on..need to get the sprouts on..

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, DJ360 said:

Been a lazy morning so far. Need to get a move on..need to get the sprouts on..

NOBS Col..........

• Like 1