How's your day?

Ah well, thanks very for trying mate. Much obliged. B.

• Replies 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Bugger , seems I'll have to remain in ignorance.

Ask him for more information, where,what why, 

@Brew, He is a she Brew, I never knew she existed until a week ago. I did return her post that she sent via Whatsapp, but as yet, not had a reply. I forwarded it to another cousin who managed to open it and said something about a property in Chilwell area being sold for £500,000.

Still like to find out more though. I'm now intrigued.

Maybe it's an inheritance and she's in the Caribbean asking how you want her to spend your half

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm just  'chillin' and watching a film called Green Book. If you haven't seen it it concerns Don Shirley, a black American pianist and composer, who I'd never heard of but who did live ..and his time with a New York American Italian club bouncer as his driver.

Terrific soundtrack and an interesting  story.

Picko is coming to Liverpool tomorrow.  So, first trip to the Cavern for a while 

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, DJ360 said:

So, first trip to the Cavern for a while 

@DJ360 Similar story to Beekay's above and I know its not Liverpool but I'm on a genealogy board, trying to help a Danish chap find any relations to a recently deceased, 1960s  Manchester club DJ called Dave Booth (born 1942). He billed himself as "Englands top soul DJ".

After working in Manchester he lived and DJ'd in Denmark from 1970 until his death , leaving no partner or children.

I put an appeal on a couple of Manchester nostalgic FB pages including one for 60s/70s Manchester clubs but had no luck. People remember the clubs he worked (one called Ray's Place) but not him. 

Highly unlikely but just wondered if any of your Lancashire pals may remember him . If it's the right Dave he may have had a Belfast born mother ,called Ruby (nee Morrison) and a sister Ann who married a Harry Beardsworth.

(Unfortunately there was also another Manchester indie dj also called Dave Booth who worked later in the 80s/90's which caused a bit of confusion)

12 hours ago, DJ360 said:

I'm just  'chillin' and watching a film called Green Book. If you haven't seen it it concerns Don Shirley, a black American pianist and composer, who I'd never heard of but who did live ..and his time with a New York American Italian club bouncer as his driver.

Good film DJ we saw it quite a while ago and the repeat. Ends differently to how you think at the beginning. Lovely film

• Upvote 1

A bus trip into Lincoln yesterday for my annual eye test, a one mile walk to the next village to catch the 09.00 bus arriving in Lincoln at 09.55, steady walk to "Vision Express" for said eye test that was booked for 10.20, all went well and I do need some new glasses, called in at "Snappy Snaps" to get a VHS tape transferred to DVD (Steam in shed volumes 1 and 2 plus "How a steam loco is made") twenty quid which I thought was reasonable, so two good things today unfortunately Lincoln it's self was unwelcoming and cold, a lot of folk wondering around with their heads buried in their mobile phones and others brushing passed muttering some stuff in a foreign language, I must say I felt very alone, the only person who spoke was the fella in the little cafe near the bus station who sold me a coffee and a packet of crisps, I was pleased when my bus arrived at 11.45 and I could get home, give me Nottingham and Nottingham folk any day,

Oh and when I got home I got a text message saying my DVD is ready for collection, Mrs P is off to Lincoln today so she will pick it up for me

Rog

Well at least I manged to wake up this morning 

1 hour ago, mary1947 said:

Well at least I manged to wake up this morning 

Thats what I aim for every morning, I achieved it again today. Well I think I did but the way I feel I am not too sure.

• Like 2

I like Lincoln. We often used to go on a Saturday when the children were young. Parking was easy and we would walk through the town, up Steep Hill to the Cathedral and Castle area. There were lots of interesting shops and eating places. Lincoln is split into two areas ‘uphill’ and ‘downhill’ as it’s built on the Lincoln cliff or edge. I drove through the uphill area last summer and it had a continental feel about it. Open eating and drinking areas and lots of history. Our daughter took her driving test there last year (as a ‘mature’ driver) so, when teaching her, I can claim to know my way around the city. In addition I tend to buy our cars in Lincoln as it’s only half an hour away on uncongested roads.

@MelissaJKelly pleased you’ve got yourself a new job.  Hope it’s one that you’ll enjoy x

• Like 2

Just saying hello to Jill Sparrow and Catfan...

Screenshot-20240307-103335-You-Tube.jpg

• Like 1

Thought might like it Jill. Got a shed load of pix.

Screenshot-20240307-105036-You-Tube.jpg

• Like 1

A painting done by a friend of mine, 12" x 12"

DSCF1101.jpg

Rog

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Not quite a big cat, but just as adorable....

Screenshot-20240307-135500-You-Tube.jpg

• Upvote 1