How's your day?

A few years ago, before we bought the random number machine, we had one old lady who called the numbers by drawing tiles out of a bag. She would often pull a number out, look at it then check her own card and say "I don't like that one" and proceed to put it back and grab another. I kid you not.

She did'nt last long as a caller. She is still a regular player though at the age of 96.  !!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

When pictures houses were closing and changing to Bingo Halls, I had 2 young children and so we could live in comfort, I went to work at a Bingo hall evenings. It was really good pay. As the master came home from work we had tea, then I went out to the bingo hall, I only worked 4 nights 7 00 till 10 00  hours a week for £8 00 yes I was a qualified Hair stylist but working 6 1/2 days a week for £5 00 plus tips, it was a lot more money working at the Bingo hall. When we had the link up 6 Bingo Halls playing for the jackpot one of the old gent who played bingo at our hall and won. The gent brought us all a cream cake.  I found I really enjoyed working there then one day the boss ask me to go on the mike to check the cards? well if you have never be on a mike all I can say is Well it's different.

WET/ WET/ WET     No not the group look out your window it's p?????? down again.     P??????? Pickling 

• Like 1

Same in Lincolnshire Mary, strong winds too,

According to the forecast it's going to brighten up by 09.00 until 12.00 then it starts again

Rog

Stopped here too Trogg..........might go to Bulwell and 'Ponce '' about in me new Jacket.........

• Like 1

I wouldn't, Ben, you'll get soaked. Just had a hailstorm and now more rain.  Poncing about in the rain ain't much fun.

By the way @benjamin1945 I think one of your foreign conquests has been posting messages again.

• Like 1

You right Jill.........tipping it down again......anyway Donna's took the car anyway........she's gone shopping for something new to wear on her up-coming holiday in Turkey.............alright for some init.............she's going to that place where the cable car accident was last week........dont think she'll be going on it.........

Last time she went on one was the one in Matlock and it ''Frit'' her to death..........

Seriously she deserves the holiday.....not been for 6 years since my OP....and she needs a break from me...lol.........

13 minutes ago, Jill Sparrow said:

I

By the way @benjamin1945 I think one of your foreign conquests has been posting messages again.

Yes saw that Jill...........its ok its only Willamena from Portugal.......lovely lass.............:rolleyes:

• Like 1

Yes its wind and hail here too, its stopped play today I suppose its housework today. I have just taken my weeks blood pressure readings into the doctors, hope she is now happy with me and no further tablets. I am on 3 different ones a day now, I have told her that its the stress of living at home but she wont believe me.

PS 

I called in Greggs for a bacon baguette and a coffee to take home and sat in front of the fire with them.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Went down to the coffee morning in the next village today in my car, got the bike out read to ride there but then the heavens opened up and down came a load of the white stuff, anyway got to the village hall ok and the gent who was supposed to be serving this week had to go home because his wife was taken ill so I stepped into the breach and went behind the counter to serve tea and coffee, I don't mind because any of the people there would do the same for me, anyway, great stories from ex Group Captain of the RAF telling us about his time flying in Phantoms during the seventies, there was a local farmer there telling us how the EA have not managed the flood levels too well this year with the new computerised flood defence system in place at Boston, for a start the new lock gates are two feet narrower than the originals causing a bottleneck then the new level sensors aren't telling the computer to tell the gates to open when they should hence the reason why the river Witham has been in flood from Boston right back to Grantham since last November, all good fun intit? well back home now and I've just started dinner so that will be ready when Mrs P gets home at two o clock, toady I'm doing grilled pork steaks with roast spuds, carrots and sprouts and home made apple sauce and Bisto gravy, have a great day all

Rog

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

it was dished up at 14.45 hrs, very tasty too Ian, looking forward to my fish and chips from the chip van tomorrow evening

Rog

• Like 2

Our chip van stopped coming years ago. I have to drive to the Burton Joyce shop as it’s better than the Southwell one. I’m not going again though as they charged me £22 for two last time. What does your van charge?

Fish and chips = £7.00, nice too, he parks down Bassingham near the village playing field, 17.00 til 19.30 every Tuesday

Rog

4 hours ago, philmayfield said:

I know it. Might be worth a trip, its only half an hour. I could eat them in Stapleford Woods. 

Make your car stink though eh?

• Like 1

Another very windy day but make the most of it eh?, dustbin day today out here, general waste and garden waste, first job this morning was to (once again) clear all the cat poo off the garden, I've got some netting on the way to see if that helps with the problem (fingers crossed) at the moment my back garden is covered in leaves from the tall tree in the corner of the field, do I clear them up or do I leave them to break down and act as some sort of feed for the grass?, Might try out the powered scroll saw today cutting out some components for the wooden "golly frogs"  frogs and teddy bear models if I make enough I might take them to the newly re-started monthly car boot sale on the sports field in the next village,

Under the kitchen window where I sit with my laptop I can hear the cock bird pheasant, he comes here twice a day with two of his "wives" to clear up the spilt seed from the bird feeders that hang in the silver birch tree, not the best of photo's because I took this one through the window

DSCF2583.jpg

He usually starts shouting in the back garden near the bedroom window around 05.30 every day then makes his way to the side of the place for his breakfast of spilt seeds, great to see him though, anyroad, have a great day all and lets see what the day brings us

Rog

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, plantfit said:

at the moment my back garden is covered in leaves from the tall tree in the corner of the field, do I clear them up or do I leave them to break down and act as some sort of feed for the grass?

I have a leaf blower that converts to a lawn vac. It mulches the leaves as it sucks them up and then I just tip the contents of the bag on the garden beds, it helps keep the weeds down. Deciduous leaves make the best mulch as it breaks down quickly. If the leaves are from eucalypts I put them in our green bin as they take forever to break down but I doubt this is not a problem in the UK. 

You are incredibly lucky to have the Pheasants, beautiful birds. We get the odd duck who soon polish off any clover in the lawn

• Like 1

Had a big sleep in this morning. didn't get up until 9.15!! Usually 6.15. Yesterday was the last day of the World Erg Challenge for Indoor Concept2 bikes and rowers. There are 6k entries and the idea is to row or ride as far as you can between Mar15th and April 15th = 32 days inclusive.  I was trying to get into the top 50 so I made a last effort by rowing just over 15km and cycling 49km yesterday. Just didn't quite make it, finishing 56th. I am fortunate enough to be a team member of the ANCIENTS - a crew I joined 19 years ago when I retired at 66 (you have to be over 65) many were and still are elite veterans. We inspire each other and we are still dyed in the wool competitors. Four of us over 80's got into the first 100 this time and we are very happy :)

Life is good. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1