How's your day?

You don't lose your original stake, but, as there is no interest paid, because of rising prices etc, your stake is worth less as time moves on , from when you first started.

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

I wouldn't call interest rates high. My generation were paying 15% on our mortgages at one point. That's high.  It never went much below 7-8%.  Time, now, for us to get something back for the years of derisory interest on savings.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

@Beekay  I know that no official interest is paid but we do

get prizes most months, sometimes really good ones, and it’s better than stuffing notes under your mattress :) 

4 hours ago, Beekay said:

You don't lose your original stake, but, as there is no interest paid, because of rising prices etc, your stake is worth less as time moves on , from when you first started.

That goes for any account with an interest rate less than inflation

Its good to wake up on a sunny morning. Well it makes you wonder? Hard work getting out of bed, kettle is not as light as it used to be, my feet are getting further away from my body to put my socks on,  JUST A MINUTE !!!!.??????????

yes I am getting older nothing is what it used to be  looking back I have had a grand life??? just a mo it's not over YET.  I  have  just booked for Ladies Day at Southwell Races in August all I need now is something classy to wear? have any lady member any famous name tag cloths in your wardrobe that you don't want ? I have a lovely daughter in law who is going to be my assistant for the day, due to my mobility we can't go were the tote's are too many folk. so this year we have gone next to the top? other side of the course silver service dinner & tea and best of all, seats and table are facing a winning post, anybody wants any bets putting on. Lets see the  colour of your money then NO!!! not your phone app's. oh do the bookies still take real money?

• Like 4

Morning Mary :)  I've been up for an hour too.

Preparing for the re opening of Izaac Walton's Cottage museum this morning.

Our club are invited to the preview where we will demonstrate the art of fly tying and I'll give a little talk about the history of angling since Izaac Walton's time in the mid 17thC.

• Like 2

A bit later than usual but the Cuckoo arrived in full song this morning 06.45, nice to hear him in the bushes at the end of the field, the Pheasant is still parading around the field and my garden with his hens in tow, they visit us twice a day near the back door to mop up any spilt seed from the bird feeders, and the Hogs have cleared up another bowl of cat biscuits and drank most of the water, lovely time of the year, just waiting for the young Blue tits, Great tits and Robins lining up on the birch tree branches being fed by their parents, have a great day all

Rog

• Like 4

Was up at 5am this morning and it was a lovely, sunny day. Fed the birds and collected up the empty hog dishes. My favourite time of the year.

• Like 4

Just had my early morning Coffee in the lovely sunshine with 'Babs' on the garden.........what shall i do today?......Bulwell or Mansfield for breakfast?........or just enjoy the Garden which is looking good...........:rolleyes:

• Like 5

Greetings all. 

Looking  like a lovely day here too, but after a long and extremely tiring couple of weeks my bathroom refurb is close to completion, so I can't  stop now. 

That said I do have a few tiny 'plug' plants from Sutton's which need potting up.

2 hours ago, PeverilPeril said:

Morning Mary :)  I've been up for an hour too.

Preparing for the re opening of Izaac Walton's Cottage museum this morning.

Our club are invited to the preview where we will demonstrate the art of fly tying and I'll give a little talk about the history of angling since Izaac Walton's time in the mid 17thC.

Where is that PP?

I'm no angler.. 'Compleat' or otherwise.. but I can thoroughly recommend a visit to the Ford over the river Dove in Beresford Dale. It's a beautiful spot and of course important to me as it's where my family surname originated. Just upstream towards Hartington is 'Pike Pool', named, not after the fish but the limestone pillar, and also nearby the 'Fishing House' built by James Cotton, an 18th C friend of Walton. Sadly the house more like a minor stately home, is private, though I believe the Beresford Family Society do get access during their annual gathering in  the area. Must join some day.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, plantfit said:

A bit later than usual but the Cuckoo arrived in full song this morning 06.45,

I've probably said this before, but I don't think I've ever heard a real cuckoo out in the open.

Presumably it's a case of being in the right place at the right time....and I'm not.

• Like 1

I heard cuckoos regularly at this time of year when I lived in Brinsley.  I have never heard one here in Derbyshire but I do get Woody the Woodpecker advertising his presence here in my garden.

• Like 2

Hear Cuckoo's here occasionally. Used to hear them calling from the woods over towards Bestwood Lodge every year when 'aahh wur a lad'.

Bulwell won........nice breakfast and the usual 'EY UPS''.............but one was not quite usual........chap says

Ey-up Ben (paul)..........i reply ey up i know ya face but where from?

A few years ago Ben.....are you still ''Store Detecting''?

No mate them days long gone...did you work for the Coop?

Laughing he said....no i used to Shoplift there...and you caught me twice...

But you never got the Police.....

Probably because you must have come quietly.....

Yes i always did...i liked you........you were always fair........

Thankyou i said.(also laughing)...are you still at it ?

NO he replied i'm 67 now....how old are you?

80 next.........i said

Bloody hell (or words to that effect)....thought you were my age.......

Thanks i said again.......

Daft as it sounds really enjoyed the 'BUMP INTO''........LOL

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Good to get up. and see sunshine. Out at 7am for first walk with Jj, just round the block for his ablutions. Breakfast and then about 9.30 the park for ball throwing.
Went to the park I used to go on as a kid, just grass now all the equipment, swings, slide, seesaw, witchs hat thingy, bucking horse all gone now. Health and safety I presume. The groundskeepers hut and loos have gone as well. There are 2 goalposts set up for a football pitch which look a bit forlorn. Spent many happy hours there along with many scraped knees (very painful when done on asphalt especially when you got black bits stuck in the scrape, ending up with orange knees from the acriflavin like a badge of courage!), bumps, cuts and bruises. 

Ball throwing went down very well, lots of running about and sniffing (Jj not me) and then down to the local cafe for a cup of tea and sausage for Jj, I usually just order him one but miraculously they always seem to have a second one “no one wants” with no complaints from my furry companion. Then slow walk home and a quick nap (once again Jj not me). 
Life is good.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

To which park do you refer S.G?

• Like 1

My day today ! Got up had breakfast, but did'nt go to Bulwell, Arnold or Brighton. Went to work though, on a sunny day so very busy as usual. Liked it so much I'm going back tomorrow and with that I will have completed 15 years sentence, er', I mean voluntary service. Get me a new certificate and award next month. I'll make sure I've washed me hands and face for that !

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Lovely day yesterday, in the morning I gathered a load of tools ready to go and repair my brothers in law grass mower, he's been asking me for a few weeks now, I don't like repairing stuff away from home because you can bet your life there will always be something you've forgot to take that you will need (certain size spanner, or screwdriver etc) anyway after checking and double checking I decided right lets go, a quick phone call to let them know we were going and ,,,,,,"OH so and so is coming then we off out but you can still come if you want to", I don't think I will be repairing his mower anytime soon so it was a nice day just lazing in the garden listening to the Cuckoo and watching the Pheasants parading in the field, I did do dinner though, Schnitzel chicken with spicy rice and salad, went down very well, hope you had a great day and enjoyed what you did

Rog

• Like 2

Hey up @plantfit, yes, I enjoyed what I did yesterday, but alas, I won't be doing it today.  It's absolutely persistently p♤♧♧♤ng down with wet stuff.

So, as a diversion I'm going to try and repot my little tomato seedlings that seem to be doing well after nearly two years wrapped in kitchen paper. Don't have clue what I'm doing, but they're now touching the top of the cover so have to take action !

Wish me luck comrades !! I'm going in.......

• Like 1

Cut the grass on the back garden and cleaned the mower ready for putting it away in a shed, been looking at a new shed wow they are expensive but like I always say to everyone else "might as well spend it because you can't take it with you" not that I plan on going anywhere, anyroad just ordered another tub of creocote wood preserver (thats a joke) nowhere as good as proper creosote but never mind, so off to Lincoln now to pick it up, just got a fence to do so will do the top using a brush and I will use my sprayer on the main panels, a lot quicker, right Lincoln here I come

Rog

You certainly know how to live life in the fast lane, dontcha Rog ! Tired me out just reading your post.

Still raining here and my weekly injection hurt like hell this morning ! Looking forward to snooker this afternoon.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, plantfit said:

Cut the grass on the back garden and cleaned the mower ready for putting it away in a shed, been looking at a new shed wow they are expensive but like I always say to everyone else "might as well spend it because you can't take it with you" not that I plan on going anywhere, anyroad just ordered another tub of creocote wood preserver (thats a joke) nowhere as good as proper creosote but never mind, so off to Lincoln now to pick it up, just got a fence to do so will do the top using a brush and I will use my sprayer on the main panels, a lot quicker, right Lincoln here I come

Rog

Have you been to Waltons at Sutton on Trent? (on the Old Great North Rd.) They had a large number of sheds on display last time I went.