Again in Nottingham yesterday, 17 students having a house party. Only 2 fined, I thought students were intelligent.

It's just over a week since contact with our friends that tested positive and we have no symptoms. Another pal who also had to isolate is OK too. So we may have got away with it :)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PeverilPeril said:

It's just over a week since contact with our friends that tested positive and we have no symptoms. Another pal who also had to isolate is OK too. So we may have got away with it :)

I'm pleased to hear that PP but you do have penchant for tempting fate don't you?    :rolleyes:

PP.  pleased you are both still symptom free x

Obviously some students have been educated beyond their intelligence judging by some of their recent actions. These individuals are supposed to be the brains of the future, if they can't behave themselves inthe current situation kick them out .

This virus poses a risk to only a small minority of our population surely we can just protect the vulnerable without causing mass unemployment?

• Like 4

Went in the SH today & was almost empty.

Beer & fodder was good tho.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, radfordred said:

This virus poses a risk to only a small minority of our population surely we can just protect the vulnerable without causing mass unemployment?

Ask those with jobs at risk and they'll say lift the restrictions and let nature take it's course. Ask those of a certain age and at risk and they'll say damn the young, they only stand to lose a job, not their life, and in time will get over it.

I agree with the idea RR but still can't see how we protect the vulnerable without making them prisoners. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yet again yesterday, a house party in Lenton. 30 people attending, 4 were fined £10,000 each and suspended from university.

It takes time to get the message home apparently. It just shows they will take virtually anyone at university now. Its all about the money.

Yeah right, as if they will pay the fine, bit like their student loans :Fool:

Well they'll have to go to the Magistrates Court for failure to pay but I'm sure the amounts will be reduced as they won't have sufficient personal funds. A prison sentence would be possible but I doubt it would get that far. Half the covid fines issued remain unpaid and the courts have an enormous backlog.

When I got up on Monday morning I didn’t feel well, snotty nose, headache and sore throat. Took my temperature and it was 37.3. Had a bit of a panic, but didn’t have a cough and could still taste and smell so decided to stop being silly and wait and see. I was tempted to keep taking my temperature but managed to refrain from doing so. 
Anyway took my temperature later that afternoon and it was 36.4 which is more normal. I bent down to pick up something I had dropped and got sharp pains around my eyes, just my sinuses playing up again which they do every so often, usually at the change of seasons for some reason. Got some sinutab from the chemist and feel a lot better.

Thinking about it is this going to be the problem, that whenever you are not good and have a high temperature (which comes with a lot of things as well as a cough) your mind immediately goes to covoid? 

Mum and I have today finished our 14 days of isolation we were told we had been near to someone with the virus. I was worried how we would cope with losing my aunt so recently. Mum embraced it as if we were under seige she sent me into our spare room told me what to bring out, so we have put photos in albums some very old, baked using old bero recipes and completed jigsaws. Now we can go out again I realise just how much I can still learn from her so if any of you have to isolate look upon it as a time to reconnect and like us learn a bit more about your family. 

• Like 4

Gem, I’m so sorry to learn about the passing of your aunt,  I‘ve missed that, (if you’ve posted it on here)

Pleased you’ve come out the other side of self-isolation anyway.  
I’m not very good at not having something to look forward to and remember back at the beginning, whenever it was ..... end of March I think ...... I was so optimistic that we’d only be in lockdown for 2 weeks and so rushed about, keeping busy, sorting our library out in Author alphabetical order, cleaning the oven (!), doing jigsaws and ‘bottoming‘ the house.  Just hope I don’t have to start that malarkey again, I want to get out and be free to enjoy life again without suffocating behind a mask.  

• Like 2

Hi Gem, glad to hear your OK. Sorry about your Aunt. Your not on your own with isolation. We have been self isolating now for 222 days, with no end in sight. It's getting to the point where we dare'nt go anywhere. Take care. B.

• Like 1

Gem, so sorry to hear about your Aunt, but pleased that you and your mum have had such a productive time in isolation.  It must have been a worrying time for you, though, wondering if either of you would get symptoms of the virus x

• Like 1

On 10/15/2020 at 7:15 PM, radfordred said:

Define 'The Vulnerable'.  It's known to affect the very old and the very young.. but many of working age age dying, young people too.  The subject is not yet well enough understood. The only  thing I know is that I'm almost 72 with multiple health issues.  Since nobody else will. I'll just have to look after myself.

Gem, my condolences on the passing of your aunt. You will have many happy and joyous memories to keep and the knowledge that she is no longer subject to the ills, harshness and deprivations of living in this world.

Those who remain of my parents' generation constantly astound me. Their ability to cope with adversity seems to know no bounds.  I remind myself that they lived through far worse than any of us have ever known, including the current situation and very little fazes them.

You are so lucky, Gem, to have your mum, her wisdom and fortitude here with you. I often find myself asking, what would my mum do in any difficult situation. The answer comes back, get on with it, without fuss or panic. Things aren't that bad. You don't know you're born. As ever, she's right!

• Like 1

Thank you all so much for your lovely comments all passed on to Mum. I put nothing on regarding aunties death all I could think about was Mum, they were both widowed within the same year and had done everything together since. As Jill said their resilience is amazing, today regardless of weather we are off to Whitby for fish and chips. Through the night the joke pages even the rather 'mucky' ones helped...so thank you all for reminding me how strangers can help xx

• Like 3

Say hello to Whitby for me, Gem. It was my mum's favourite place. She loved to sit in Pannett Park on a nice day! Enjoy your fish and chips, too!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DJ360 said:

Define 'The Vulnerable'.  It's known to affect the very old and the very young.. but many of working age age dying, young people too.  The subject is not yet well enough understood. The only  thing I know is that I'm almost 72 with multiple health issues.  Since nobody else will. I'll just have to look after myself.

I’m with RR on this. Define many Col as I don’t agree. Yes there are some deaths across all age groups and each is a tragedy.  I am not belittling the serious nature of this but the average age of death from the virus is 82. If your old, have health issues or are obese then you’re at risk. Take care. That is the individuals responsibility. No one else’s.

Gem so sorry to hear about your aunts passing, I know how sad you must feel but she, like my mum was able to reach a good age. Enjoy your day at Whitby and make the most of it , could do with a good plate of chip shop fish 'n' chips.

Both of you keep safe.

• Like 1